What is the one thing you have to buy while on the ship?

Dee79

I like this question. And exactly what is a Monkeyhead drink????? Also, how do you find out with the drink of the day is and what is the usual price? Do you keep the glass it comes in?

100_2212.jpg

I have decided I had to have one this cruise!:p

several bottles of sheridans and crown:)

a few boxes of the jose cuervo chocolate candy and the coconut candy 1 box of each flavor. plus tee shirts and something for a golfing friend.

we also get some jewlery and my favorite is a slice of carrot cake from the coffee shop

I like this question. And exactly what is a Monkeyhead drink????? Also, how do you find out with the drink of the day is and what is the usual price? Do you keep the glass it comes in?

There is a different drink featured each day, which is a little bit cheaper than the other mixed drinks. It's maybe 75 cents - $1 cheaper than the regular price drinks. The trick is that if you keep your drink glass, you can get a refill on every drink you buy after that, which usually gives you the same discount as the drink-of-the-day discount. (They don't really refill that same glass - you hand it to the waiter and they bring you a drink in a new glass.) The drink of the day will be posted at the bars each morning - or the waiters will tell you what it is. The ingredients are listed at the bar.

The monkeyhead is a big, cococut-shaped thing that holds a drink. I'm not sure what kind of drink they put in it, because I don't want to try to pack it and bring it home.

A Kiss on the Lips! And formal night photos.

Great thread, now I have ideas for other goodies I want to get. I usually also get Christmas ornaments and a silver charm for each port and the ship if available. My charm bracelet weighs more than I do! :o I have two Christmas trees in a one bedroom apartment :eek: One has all the travel ornaments and the other one is misc. ornaments given as gifts or handed down from my Mom.

As soon as I board, I park myself at the Atrium bar and order a double Yellowbird!!!! It's a tradition!!

I also like a nice T-shirt with the ships logo on it...but only on sale.

I look for "bling"...but won't buy unless the prices are super low. Rings only.

I usually end up buying another book. I am an avid reader but ordinarily run out before the cruise ends.

I started a tradition about 10 years ago of buying a bookmark to commerorate my vacations. I hope Carnival has a least one I can purchase. I will look the first day and if I find one I will use it the rest of the week!

The monkeyhead is a big, cococut-shaped thing that holds a drink. I'm not sure what kind of drink they put in it, because I don't want to try to pack it and bring it home.

They'll put whatever drink you want in it. I had several funship specials in my monkey head :)

I also get a Christmas ornament from the ship (ok, I've only been on 2 cruises lol) and this last time, I got one from each port too.

A refridgerator magnet of the ship. I collect one for each ship I am on. Sadly, I do not have one for the Holiday....I would like to get one, but the ship is going out of service for Carnival soon enough....oh well, I still have the clear glass souvenir cups from 1991--three styles!!!

Archived