Hopefully coming back to X after a 2 year absence

flashdog_1

I need to know if some things have changed. I occasionally come over to this board but have not kept up. I've read a few changes but am not positive, so I ask My questions:

1) Can any category cabin still receive the lunch or dinner menu from the restaurant via room service?

2) What is the charge for a single day and/or a week's use of the T-pool on Mercury? (we are not Elite nor in a suite, only Select).

3) Is this really true that you can now bring on 2 bottles of wine for consumption in your cabin, with no corkage fee?

4) Have the menus changed in two years? I loved the old menus. Anything not to miss?

5) Can you still write in "eggs benedict" on the breakfast menu if the main restaurant is open (I know you can't do it for 6 a.m. wake up coffee room service) even when it is not listed on the menu?

6) Still no free after dinner capuccino in the restaurants? (I've sailed 2 other lines that do have it). Just checking!

Thanks!

I can't answer all of your questions, but I will say that I also took a multi-year break from =X=. When I came back to =X=, I noticed so many things that other lines seem to be missing.

Room service - yes.

T-pool - not sure.

Wine, yes, but there is a corkage fee.

Menus - well, there food is still great, if that is what you're wondering.

Eggs benedict - not sure, not a fan.

Capaccino - good question, but I don't think so. I will say that the coffee in the main dinig room has gotten MUCH worse over the years. I guess they want me to go to Cova for a good cup a joe.

There is no corkage fee if you drink your two bottles of wine in your cabin.Dave

Thanks, Dave. I'd read a horror story about someone's wine being confiscated, so wanted to be sure I could tell the "checkers" what I intended to do.

Anyone else have answers for me? Thanks

Thanks, Dave. I'd read a horror story about someone's wine being confiscated, so wanted to be sure I could tell the "checkers" what I intended to do.

Anyone else have answers for me? Thanks

You can only bring the wine on at your initial embarkation. If you buy wine in one of the ports it is subject to confiscation (we saw dozens of bottles confiscated at every port on Galaxy last fall).

My best input:

1) Can any category cabin still receive the lunch or dinner menu from the restaurant via room service?

- Yes. We were able to use this last Nov on Mercury.

2) What is the charge for a single day and/or a week's use of the T-pool on Mercury? (we are not Elite nor in a suite, only Select).

- $10/day. I forget the week's use. It's free on the Infinity (M-Class) and we loved the T-pool. It had stainless steel bars to lay on and great bubbling through them!

3) Is this really true that you can now bring on 2 bottles of wine for consumption in your cabin, with no corkage fee?

- Yes, we brought a few bottles and used in our room. Corkage fee to take them to dinner. We also brought on a few bottles, but made sure we only brought 1-2 on and didn't have them 'confiscated'.

4) Have the menus changed in two years? I loved the old menus. Anything not to miss?

- Some. Still excellent. I enjoyed not only the flexible formal dining menues, but each ship changed their buffets more than what we've seen on other ships. Just got off Princess Island, and enjoyed but the breakfast buffet didn't change much, but did have excellent standards. Mercury and M-Class changed their options and for lunch/dinner buffet, had specialty lines each day/night.

5) Can you still write in "eggs benedict" on the breakfast menu if the main restaurant is open (I know you can't do it for 6 a.m. wake up coffee room service) even when it is not listed on the menu?

- Yes. Good choice!

6) Still no free after dinner capuccino in the restaurants? (I've sailed 2 other lines that do have it). Just checking!

- Still charged for specialty coffee. But Island Princess also did and charged for special icecreams when Celebrity had free.

Denny

I need to know if some things have changed. I occasionally come over to this board but have not kept up. I've read a few changes but am not positive, so I ask My questions:

Thanks!

1) Yes room service to 24 hour to each stateroom and dinning room menus can be ordered during restaurant hours.

2) I’m not sure of that one, I think it was around $ 20.00 pp a day but not sure.

3) Yes and no corkage fee when you drink it in your room. (bring a corkscrew)

4) Yes since Michael Roux and Celebrity parted ways there has been changes. They are in the process of rolling out new menus and I have yet to sample them but on our last 2 =X= cruises the menu with the Lamb was very good.

5) I’m not sure about all staterooms but in the CC staterooms I had Eggs Benedict by writing it in and had it served before 6:00a (5:30a).

6) I can’t answer that as I have never asked for it.

Hope that helps.

That relieves my mind!

Xcruiser, I wrote in eggs benedict once and the man who brought the other items said the dining room was not open yet so he could not get me the eggs benedict. Glad you got yours!

Made the booking today. Switched from Norwegian Sun to Mercury. Travel agent was so onice, didn't charge me a penalty for canceling, and gave me $100 on board credit. Since no one seemed to know for sure, she'll check on the price for the spa passes for the week. Today I read in a review that you could not buy day passes ???? I'll report if I find out to the contrary.

Archived