Which is better: Electronic Documents or Mailed Documents?

emptynest1

Alright, so i haven't been on a cruise for a couple years. Last cruise I got the docs in the mail. If I chose electronic format do I still get luggage tags?

If you do e-docs you need to print out the luggage tag "sample", make copies of it, laminate it, then put it on your bags.

I did e-docs last cruise. Didn't get luggage tags because I wasn't going to cut out everything and laminate it. I prefer the mailed documents, it does seem more exciting, at least to me:cool: .

Thanks for all the input. I am convinced that I want to get a big fat packet in the mail, with tags and pictures and all the fun stuff I can look through.

I am excited just thinking about it.

That's right, EN, make Celebrity send you one of those spiral-bound booklets with the REAL luggage tags, and have some poor Fed-X guy deliver it to you out there in "the middle of nowhere".:D Then, you'll KNOW you're gonna be cruisin'.

Thanks for all the input. I am convinced that I want to get a big fat packet in the mail, with tags and pictures and all the fun stuff I can look through.

I am excited just thinking about it.

Azamara sent us a cheap booklet (no spiral binding)with mostly general info in it (Contract, rules etc), and a couple pages had stuff specifically for you...cabin number... vouchers for transfers (did own air...paid for transfer) at both ends and the itinerary printed on it. All just computer generated...very un impressive. All on our roll call thought they were a joke...so we dug out our nice faux leather cruise document wallets from past cruises and used them (Even if the booklet didn't fit well" to carry all, Airline e-ticket confirmations, passports etc. etc.) then we all felt better, even tho our tickets were in Oceania wallets!!! Wonder what they thought when we checked in:confused: Oh yes and the luggage tags too....didn't make any sort of "fat pkg" when it came...just a flat envelope!

That's right, EN, make Celebrity send you one of those spiral-bound booklets with the REAL luggage tags, and have some poor Fed-X guy deliver it to you out there in "the middle of nowhere".:D Then, you'll KNOW you're gonna be cruisin'.

I got one of those nice spiral bound booklets 2 years ago for our Mexican Riviera cruise, but for our Alaska cruise in 2 weeks they sent a regular stapled booklet with thicker pages. And the luggage tags were the same as before but not bound into the book, they were folded in the book but loose. I wondered when they stopped making those nice spiraled ones. Anyway, I like getting the docs in the mail, too. Doc dancing just wouldn't be the same without getting that actual packet. ;)

Do I indicate we want the mailed documents on the reservation website? I just checked our reservation but I couldn't find anyplace to indicate how I want the documents delivered.

Any help anyone?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

If you do e-docs you need to print out the luggage tag "sample", make copies of it, laminate it, then put it on your bags.

Really?:eek: People really do this? How many people have easy access to a laminating machine?

I would think this would lead to backlogs at the pier while porters are tied up writing luggage tags for everyone, or numerous pieces of luggage getting lost when all those homemade luggage tags fall off.

I'm all for saving postage and paper by getting e-docs but send me some real luggage tags!

Do I indicate we want the mailed documents on the reservation website? I just checked our reservation but I couldn't find anyplace to indicate how I want the documents delivered.

Any help anyone?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

It is on the website. Go into "manage your reservation" and it is on the left side. The shore excursions and pre post cruise in on the right.

It is on the website. Go into "manage your reservation" and it is on the left side. The shore excursions and pre post cruise in on the right.

Are you sure that is not only if you book direct through Celebrity?

That option does not appear now on any of our bookings and never has in the past. That is something handled by the TA.

You can, also, ask for real luggage tags at check-in at the embarkation. You will have to spend time filling them out as they won't be pre-printed, but lots of people have said this is what they do. When you book directly through Celebrity, there is a choice as to how you receive your docs on the first summary page. The same as where you choose how you want your beds laid out. Mine was defaulted for edocs, I believe, but I just changed it to paper docs. Like I said, I like to have them in my hand. Now, I did print out the boarding passes though that are available when you set up your onboard seapass accounts.

Azamara sent us a cheap booklet (no spiral binding)with mostly general info in it (Contract' date=' rules etc), and a couple pages had stuff specifically for you...cabin number... vouchers for transfers (did own air...paid for transfer) at both ends and the itinerary printed on it. All just computer generated...very un impressive. All on our roll call thought they were a joke...so we dug out our nice faux leather cruise document wallets from past cruises and used them (Even if the booklet didn't fit well" to carry all, Airline e-ticket confirmations, passports etc. etc.) then we all felt better, even tho our tickets were in [b']Oceania[/b] wallets!!! Wonder what they thought when we checked in:confused: Oh yes and the luggage tags too....didn't make any sort of "fat pkg" when it came...just a flat envelope!

What do these document wallets look like? They sound nice and useful to keep all the trip stuff together. I just Googled and couldn't find one.

What do these document wallets look like? They sound nice and useful to keep all the trip stuff together. I just Googled and couldn't find one.

These were supplied to us by cruise companies, with our documents, both from Rennisaince or Hal and Oceania with all the booklets, tickets, tags etc. one for each of us...double fold, slots for passports etc. like I said we have about 6 of them, I use one for the Airline reservation reciept ..invoices anything that you'd need to show anyone for passage, Insurance policy etc, passports, One other I keep info on any private tours, my med. lists, unofficial stuff not needed until after sailing. The booklet from Azamara didn't really fit well, but I made it fit...doubt in this day and age of saving money for the cruiselines you'll ever get them anymore. :confused: Didn't Celebrity supply them before e-tickets etc??

My Celebrity reservation page doesn't have it either but I booked through a TA so that's probably the reason.

I'll contact them as the cruise date gets closer.

Our documents (Same booklet) were first mailed to our TA to be checked over to make sure they were correct, then they sent them on to us FED-X...only about a week before sailing...I was really uptight about that...an un-neccessary step I thought ,so late in the game (Took 3 days for FED X to deliver tham after being mailed!!)We had done "Own air" and that changes the time Doc. are delivered I guess...airline flights being needed earlier.:confused:

Save a tree, get e-docs.

You don't need luggage tags, there are a gazillion porters at the pier who all have blank luggage tags available.

Floris

Hi Floris - So how was the Millie? We're going to be on her in 3 weeks after our 6 day land tour in Alaska. Also, I just booked the Infinity for April 25, 2010, for the Westbound Panama Canal. How was the weather since you were just there at this same time of the year? Thanks!

Archived