New Years Eve Cruise

jop

Has anyone ever done a NYE Cruise and if so is it worth the extra price to be cruising on New years Eve?:confused:

Just thinking of doing one this year and never really heard too many people speak about it.

It is wonderful and definatly worth it!! :D I've done it 2 years in a row nopw and am booked again for this year. I can't wait!! :D They have a huge party on the Lido Deck, free champagne on NYE as well as at Embarkation and a special dinner on NYE in the dining room. :D Here's a link to my pics from my 1st NYE cruise aboard the Carnival Legend (not sure how many pics I took of the actual NYE party as I was having too much fun but you get the idea). The next year, I went on the Carnival Freedom and this year, I'm going on HAL's ms Eurodam!! :D

http://travel.webshots.com/album/556981938SYCjYm

Has anyone ever done a NYE Cruise and if so is it worth the extra price to be cruising on New years Eve?:confused:

Just thinking of doing one this year and never really heard too many people speak about it.

The price is up there for A New Years Cruise. I have gone the last two New years on carnival. I'm going again this year on the carnival Freedom. I booked it two years out and paid $999.00 per person for a balcony cabin. The price is now $1,549.00 per person dor the same cabin. Book it early, its the best way to spend new Years. great party's on the ship NYE. The whole cruise just has a great party feel to it all week. Make sure you have at least one sea day to recover. also New Years Eve a lot of places in port are closed.

It is wonderful and definatly worth it!! :D I've done it 2 years in a row nopw and am booked again for this year. I can't wait!! :D They have a huge party on the Lido Deck, free champagne on NYE as well as at Embarkation and a special dinner on NYE in the dining room. :D Here's a link to my pics from my 1st NYE cruise aboard the Carnival Legend (not sure how many pics I took of the actual NYE party as I was having too much fun but you get the idea). The next year, I went on the Carnival Freedom and this year, I'm going on HAL's ms Eurodam!! :D

Great pictures I loved them I think we are just going to get a balcony on a carnival one to the bahamas it leaves on the 29th I believe and returns on the 1st the sea day is NYE but the idea of disembarking the next morning has me thinking that might not be the best idea...lol

Thanks to all that responded.

This will be our first NYE cruise. From what I have read this should be a lot of fun. We have done many different things for NYE from neighbor parties to Country Club upper brow parties. Our favorite NYE celebration was being in a downtown hotel which included the parties (with big name bands) and very nice room. We do not like going out if driving is involved, so cruising makes a heck of a lot of sense. The only downside is the fact that we have to get off the ship on New Years day. Boy will that be a tough 3 hour drive home.

CruiseHealing

Yes, it is worth it. We did a NYE cruise over 23 years ago (our first cruise) and we still talk about it today. We met another wonderful, young married couple and became fast friends. It was a great experience.

Of course, there will be many families and it does make Christmas anti-climatic. You might consider giving shore excursions and spa treatments instead of regular Christmas gifts.

Some friends of ours did, this past NYE, and they did have a wonderful time the water was very choppy. They had a storm and had to forgo one of their ports. Some of their friends became sick too.

Loved it! And are already booked for this year - and lots of other people must love it too - I called my PVP to add my son's friend to our party, which meant booking another cabin, and there are no inside cabins left, except a 1A - She said very few oceanview cabins either. The only downside is that we did not get to have blackeyed peas and greens for good luck on New Year's Day (of course, DH and the boys would say that's an upside!)

Yes, it's more money - but it's the only time of year ALL my family could go together.

2076598649_December2007030.jpg.490fcb3e7d86730918673db407c4eccb.jpg

413908597_December2007031.jpg.c1d4fd30e7b5b3fcc339567f6d23ac65.jpg

1942507526_December2007032.jpg.e07fc2fafd026bb39a91721db982dcd4.jpg

Some friends of ours did, this past NYE, and they did have a wonderful time the water was very choppy. They had a storm and had to forgo one of their ports. Some of their friends became sick too.

The weather was rougher than on any cruise we've been on. We had to miss one port and excursions were cancelled in the other port. Our son's friend did get very sick - the only cabin left by the time we booked last year was U1, very front of the ship. It was like a roller coaster in there all the time.

BUT, it was still a wonderful cruise - a great way to spend the holiday (on the Holiday!) That was son's friend's first cruise, and he's asked to go with us again this year - so it must not have been too bad! Hoping for better weather this year - we had cruised in December twice before and not experienced anything this bad -

~We sailed on the Victory last December. It was very festive and new years eve was a lot of fun. However we would not sail again over this period. The Victory was at it fullest, the price dropped considerably before the cruise and there were many many badly behaved and uncontrolled children. We do not have children but I work with children and it was not good. Yes its festive but it was also ruined by this. Unfortunately some of the adults were not much better. As said in a previous post there were many complaints about the children/teenagers after that sailing so maybe it was a once off. This year we have decided to sail the week before Christmas the boat will still be decorated and I should imagine still festive.

Archived