Onesoles - I Tried Them

ger_77

I've been reading this Onesole thread and thought I would offer some advise. Most of these "these are awesome" gals, must have flat feet. These are not designed for people with high arches. After just a few hours, they hurt like crazy. My feet started burning and I had already put an arch support in them. I'm going to try a higher arch support. Footsmart sells them. These are very expensive and I just wanted to give a heads up. If you normally wear Birkenstock, Naot, Dansko type shoes, you will be dissapointed in the lack of comfort with these. I bought mine to wear to Disney World, after wearing them for awhile...I left them at home!!

I do have flat feet, but I bought the leisure soles, they have the lowest heel. I didn't even bother to try on the higher ones. Birkenstocks kill me to even stand on, but that's ok since I don't like the look. If I'm walking all day I wear my Ecco's walking sandles.

KandC, I have to tell you, I experienced the "wet Onesole" yesterday. While watering the outdoor plants and refilling the watering can, the hose got away from me and water poured all over my feet. OMG, I only had about 50 feet to walk back to the house, but I slipped and slid, and almost crab-walked so that I didn't fall. They're really difficult to walk in when they're wet!!! I started laughing at how silly I must look, then remembered your post and really had a good laugh. I basically collapsed into a lawn chair where I took my shoes off and bare-footed it into the house.

They're great shoes, just don't get them wet!

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Yep!, slapping sound for sure all the time. I really only notice it when I first put them on and then I forget about it. I think that it's part of their charm...reminds me of my old Dr. Scholls with the wooden sole in the 70's with their clopping sound.

I lucked into a 50% off clearance sale today at my local store and bought 3 more toppers. On the other hand, this store is going to stop carrying them for a while, so I'll have to travel further.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived