Carnival Glory review 5/10-5/17

ocho514

We will have a blast on Glory. This is a great ship and a great crew. Top this off with great friends and sunshine how can you go wrong. We are so blessed and I remember who provides that.

We have been to all the ports already however, we loved St Maarten and St Thomas and Nassau was a rainy day so that doesn't count. I must remark that even though there have been some spotty rain showers from time to time Nassau was the first port that was a washout. We did go to the Straw Market but also to the Blackbeard Pirate thing and it was not what we expected and with the rain it was doubly so. ;)

We had perfect weather last week. Did not rain one drop so that was really nice. I hope that the weather will be good for your cruise as well.

We had to go through immigration before getting off the ship which was a pain. It took about 45 minutes of waiting in line until we were finally cleared and able to get off.

Loving your review!!

Do you know what time you actually got off the ship? We have a sailboat charter booked in St. Thomas and they recommend that we be off the ship and into a cab by 8:30 ... :o

Thanks for the great review with the pictures. We have been on many cruises, and have been to these ports so many times, but it is marvelous to see others enjoying what we do.

You and your husband look so happy. Congtatulations on your 1 year anniversary and I hope you have many, many more.

What company did you use in St. Marten?

Is St. Thomas the best port for shopping. DD is wanting to buy a knockoff Coach bag did you see any of those?

You can get GREAT deals on a Coach Bag at the straw market in Nassau. My 24 yr old DD Saves her money just for things such as that!!!:D

Loving your review!!

Do you know what time you actually got off the ship? We have a sailboat charter booked in St. Thomas and they recommend that we be off the ship and into a cab by 8:30 ... :o

In St. Thomas we did not dock until 10 am so it was around 10:30 when we actually got off the ship. In St. Maarten we were off the ship at 8 am

Is St. Thomas the best port for shopping. DD is wanting to buy a knockoff Coach bag did you see any of those?

We didn't do a tour in St. Maarten, we just walked to the taxi stand at the port and took a taxi to Orient Beach. St. Thomas is great for shopping but I saw the most Coach knockoff bags in Nassau at the straw market.

Thanks for the great review with the pictures. We have been on many cruises, and have been to these ports so many times, but it is marvelous to see others enjoying what we do.

You and your husband look so happy. Congtatulations on your 1 year anniversary and I hope you have many, many more.

Thank you so much. He is my highschool sweetheart, so I have known him for a long time. We actually dated in high school and then went our seperate ways to college and didn't see or talk to each other and then 10 years later caught up with each other and within a year we were married.....well I will shut up now since I am telling my life story and probably boring everyone to tears...lol. But thanks again.

If you are looking into a tour company for St. Maarten you might want to check with RLG1023. She just did a good review on this cruise and I think they did a tour in St. Maarten.

He is my highschool sweetheart, so I have known him for a long time. We actually dated in high school and then went our seperate ways to college and didn't see or talk to each other and then 10 years later caught up with each other and within a year we were married....

I love stories like that...some things are just meant to be--how romantic :)

I enjoyed your review and pics...and like RLG1023, you had some really cute cruisewear

I'll be doing the Eastern Caribbean itinerary on the Glory during Thanksgiving week, so this was a nice preview

thanks for the review. I was on this same ship sorry that I did not meet you both. Glory so far is my favorite ship I try a different ship next year. Well have a great year and hopefully soon you will be on another ship relaxing and seeing those amazing sunsets.

Pam

Orlando:D

• 4 weeks later...

It took me a while to get here, but I am finally reading your thread (which I have been looking forward to doing).

I have just finished page one (first 20 posts... up to Nassau) and am really enjoying it, great pictures, bringing back wonderful memories. I am really looking forward to reading more, but must get back to work now.

We had to go through immigration before getting off the ship which was a pain. It took about 45 minutes of waiting in line until we were finally cleared and able to get off.

I wondered how long it took the US citizens to get throught that line... it only took us less than 5 minutes as a non-US citizen to go through the line in the Amber Palace.

The only problem we had at Orient Beach was that every 5 minutes there were people walking up and down the beach wanting you to buy necklaces, or bracelets, or towels from them....and they seemed to get mad if you said no thank you...but I didn't care...I was on vacation and did not want to be harassed!

We were quite a ways down the beach (at Pirates) and did not have so much of this... of course, the beach was not as crowded as down there around Bikini Beach, thus it was likely not as lucrative a spot for the "beach-vendors" to work.

... When we got back to the ship after shopping and went to our cabin my husband had a surprise there waiting for me for our 1 year anniversary...

Good on him!!! ...and congratulations to you both. You do make a nice looking young couple.

That night we had a new little towel buddy waiting on us:

232323232%7Ffp4323%3A%3Enu%3D3252%3E836%3E479%3EWSNRCG%3D323363%3A687%3B59nu0mrj

You make them all look better than they really are...

I finally got back to it and finished reading your review, and thanks ocho514!!! Great review, enjoyed every line, and thanks too for adding the pictures.

So much fun reading another persons perspective on the same cruise. It was wonderful, wasn't it. So sorry we never got to meet you both.

Wait a minute here. On the Legends show on the last night, isn't that all about passengers picking out something or singing something they do best?? I thought so too.....

They were the exact same singers by passengers that we had too. Call me nieve but I thought this was like a talent kind of thing where they get up and do there best immitation of a singer....that they choose. I guess the jokes' on me!!!!:) ...

We were on the Valor last fall, and they used the same artists... the guests only get to pick the song. I might have talked my DW into auditioning, but there artist selection was too limited.

...Did you see much nudity in St. Marten? Our girls are only 13 and I am sure they would enjoy a quick look at a naked man but I don't think so!...

We were south of "mid-beach" last fall, and saw one nekked man walk by, and a couple toppless women. On this cruise, we were farther south (closer to Club Orient) and saw several more topless wemen, but do not recall any nekked men or women.

There were a couple european couples using lounge chairs quite close to us. They all took a walk down to Club Orient, as they walked by, I heard them discussing the "conservative nature" of the beach. After they came back from Club Orient, they let there hair down (or should I say they "let their puppies down") and lounged and swam topless for quite a bit.

We had perfect weather last week. Did not rain one drop so that was really nice...

Oh yes... the weather was perfect!!! How long before we can go back??? (DW and I are thinking about the Dream in 2010).

You will have a great time on the Glory. We are actually from Spartanburg so that isn't very far from Charlotte so you should make it in about 9 hrs but let me tell you it seems so much longer when you are that excited! If you haven't booked anything for St. Thomas yet I would suggest looking in to Godfrey's tours. He won't disappoint you. It is $25 a person but well worth it! If I ever go back to the Virgin Island I will look into a St. John tour as well. Nassau....if your family doesn't like shopping you may want to do what we did and take a taxi to cable beach or some of the other people I talked to said that touring Atlantis was pretty cool.

Hi! Loved reading your reviews and awesome pictures by the way! We are from Myrtle Beach and are curious how much $$$ you spent in gas roundtrip. WE can book with Spirit for about $185. per person diret flights, so I cant really see driving at this point. We are ready to book Glory for the 9/27 voyage! We are taking your advice on the Raddison as well but I am curious to know if there is anything to do in that area or are you confined to the hotel for the day? Have a million questions for you...kit!

Chris earndon824@aol.com

I'm not sure how I missed your fantastic review - I just found it today! You really did a great job on it - your pictures are really wonderful. You guys look like you really enjoyed yourselves completely. We are looking at the Glory for early next year (before it goes to Miami). Thanks so much for sharing!:)

Archived