Carnival Glory review 5/10-5/17

ocho514

Your review and pictures were great! It looks like you had a wonderful time. My husband's sister & brother and their spouses were on the same cruise. I haven't talked to them yet - this was their 2nd cruise on The Glory. I wish we could go on a 7 day cruise! Maybe one day - still can't save enough money for that. But your pictures make me want to be there so bad!

I wanted to add that we have stayed at the Rad,(as we call it) many times b4!!:)

LOVE IT!!! LOVE THE POOL/HOT TUB/Waterfall!!! and the beds are So COMFY!! Now the shuttle service is a little slow, so bring your patience! Not too bad going...very slow coming back!!!

Also wanted to mention that in Nassau, the liquor stores have

"liquor samplings"...FREE SHOTS!!! Yeah that's a good thing!!!:D

We hope to see a SUNSET, as we leave St.Thomas:):)

Then...it's PARTY TIME!!! Must celebrate my 1rst child getting married, RIGHT????? Onboard, makeshift, reception!!! CAN"T WAIT!!!:D:cool:

Hey Ocho! We will be taking this trip in Dec. 2008 for Christmas. Can't tell you how much I enjoyed your review and all the AWESOME pics. My sis used to live in St. Thomas many years ago. She had a house on a cliff overlooking the ocean. It was great! Can't wait to go back. Thanks for your review.:D

On the last 2 days the seas seemed to be really rough. The ship swayed back and forth pretty bad and you could see people walking side ways down the halls--including me, and that was before the blue margaritas:D . I also have to give major props to the Glory Dancers, it still amazes me at how they can get up on stage and dance with the ship moving back and forth so much...they were great!! I talked to several people who had actually gotten seasick on these days, and our cabin creaked and vibrated even though the captain said there 10 ft swells. My last cruise on the Carnival Imagination, you could not even tell you were moving but on this ship.....you could most definitely tell!! I never got sick but I was taking Bonine twice a day. My DH only took Bonine on the first day and was fine for the rest of the cruise....he still says that it is all in your head....and if you think about it too much you will make yourself sick.

I also have to say that Ami Castro, the main singer on the Glory did a fantastic job....she is really talented and I am sure that Carnival is not paying her what she is worth. The other guy that was singing with her in the Rock down Broadway show was terrible. They could have proboably found someone out in the audience that could sing better than he could. The shows were good especially Justin Illusion and the Legends show on the last night. During this show guests dress up as different musicians and sing and dance on stage. We had James Brown, Elton John, Gloria Estefan, Britney Spears, Madonna, Ricky Martin, Aretha Frankin, Elvis of course, and Frank Sinatra who brought down the house. The cruise directory Mark Price came out dressed as Dolly Parton and danced to 9 to 5 which was hilarious. He did a really good job all week.

Up next I will post some various picture I took throughout the ship.

Wait a minute here. On the Legends show on the last night, isn't that all about passengers picking out something or singing something they do best?? I thought so too.....

They were the exact same singers by passengers that we had too. Call me nieve but I thought this was like a talent kind of thing where they get up and do there best immitation of a singer....that they choose. I guess the jokes' on me!!!!:)

In any case yes they did a great job singing. The guy that did James Brown on our cruise...WOW...you could have closed your eyes and not known the difference.

Very nice job Ocho. You took alot of time getting that review up for us and we all appreciate it and enjoyed it.

We came off the Glory in April and seeing your pictures made me feel like I was back on it again.

Thanks for sharing your Glory experience!! We sail on the Glory next month and are looking forward to it~

I wasnt sure about where to stay in Florida but will call the Raddison now after reading your review ;) . We are heading down that Thursday from Charlotte so I gather it will take about 9 hours to get there~

We'd like to go to the Kennedy Space Center the Friday b4 we sail. My son will really dig that!!!

We are booked with Bernard in St Maarten for an island beach tour. We are looking at doing a St John trip (but we arent booked yet with anyone) in St Thomas and cluless as to what to do in Bahamas. We are there for such a short time, Im not sure what to do.....My husband and son are not exactly the shopping kind, so a full day of shopping is OUT~ Both would be whining after the 3rd store.....:rolleyes:

Thanks again!! Beautiful pictures and review :)

Absolutely loved your review...I sail on the Glory in 95 days, and I cannot wait! I have to ask, how did you post your pictures? I've posted reviews before, but not sure how to post the pix. They really helped to tell your story, and I would like to try my next review the same way.

Thanks for sharing your Glory experience!! We sail on the Glory next month and are looking forward to it~

I wasnt sure about where to stay in Florida but will call the Raddison now after reading your review ;) . We are heading down that Thursday from Charlotte so I gather it will take about 9 hours to get there~

We'd like to go to the Kennedy Space Center the Friday b4 we sail. My son will really dig that!!!

We are booked with Bernard in St Maarten for an island beach tour. We are looking at doing a St John trip (but we arent booked yet with anyone) in St Thomas and cluless as to what to do in Bahamas. We are there for such a short time, Im not sure what to do.....My husband and son are not exactly the shopping kind, so a full day of shopping is OUT~ Both would be whining after the 3rd store.....:rolleyes:

You will have a great time on the Glory. We are actually from Spartanburg so that isn't very far from Charlotte so you should make it in about 9 hrs but let me tell you it seems so much longer when you are that excited! If you haven't booked anything for St. Thomas yet I would suggest looking in to Godfrey's tours. He won't disappoint you. It is $25 a person but well worth it! If I ever go back to the Virgin Island I will look into a St. John tour as well. Nassau....if your family doesn't like shopping you may want to do what we did and take a taxi to cable beach or some of the other people I talked to said that touring Atlantis was pretty cool.

Absolutely loved your review...I sail on the Glory in 95 days, and I cannot wait! I have to ask, how did you post your pictures? I've posted reviews before, but not sure how to post the pix. They really helped to tell your story, and I would like to try my next review the same way.

I am glad you like it. When posting the pics I just opened them on my computer and right clicked and selected copy and then just paste into here.

Wait a minute here. On the Legends show on the last night, isn't that all about passengers picking out something or singing something they do best?? I thought so too.....

They were the exact same singers by passengers that we had too. Call me nieve but I thought this was like a talent kind of thing where they get up and do there best immitation of a singer....that they choose. I guess the jokes' on me!!!!:)

In any case yes they did a great job singing. The guy that did James Brown on our cruise...WOW...you could have closed your eyes and not known the difference.

Yeah the singers were the passengers but apparently that must be the only options that you have to choose from when trying out. The must be limited on Outfits??

This is the best review I have seen in the entire time I have been on this website!!! Great job!!! We are on this cruise next year. Have done these ports before and enjoyed them all. Will be watching for the rest of your piece!!

Fabulous review! The pictures incorporated into made it so much nicer! Who took the pictures? Great job! Some of those could be travel posters. Watch out, when Host Mach posted a great thread he soon became a Host! I'm on Glory in December. Nice to see the pool deck is teak.

We booked at Hotels dot com and are staying for $99......we are very happy about that. We stayed at the Comfort Inn before and it was nice but the Select Comfort beds were what made us change. We leave Friday.

We booked at Hotels dot com and are staying for $99......we are very happy about that. We stayed at the Comfort Inn before and it was nice but the Select Comfort beds were what made us change. We leave Friday.

Wow, Thanks for the heads up!! I just looked at their online rates and it will be 169.00 for one night :eek:

I will try your route!!!! ;)

Have a great trip!!!! :D

Great job Ocho,,,,I can't wait to get home and show the review to the DW,,,maybe that'll hold her till we leave in February.

And BTW,,,we'd be the 50 somethings jiggling to the hip-hop,,,we're not as bad as you think!!:rolleyes:

Thanks again!!

Rates are varying greatly depending on time of year. I got $99 off their site in December.

What a great review!! I loved how you added the photos! We are doing this same cruise in Oct., 2 adult women and 2 teenage girls, should we have any safety concerns??

Did you see much nudity in St. Marten? Our girls are only 13 and I am sure they would enjoy a quick look at a naked man but I don't think so!

We are thinking about the same tour for St. Thomas, how much beach time did you have? What type of shopping did you do?

Scan those capers as soon as you can looking forward to those.

Again great review!!!!!!!!!

Josie1968 We spent a week in St Marteen 2 years ago and the only thing we saw were a lot of topless women and some men in thongs! Just stay away from the "nude" part of orient and you will be fine. We traveled with our girls who were 12 & 8 at the time.

What a great review!! I loved how you added the photos! We are doing this same cruise in Oct., 2 adult women and 2 teenage girls, should we have any safety concerns??

Did you see much nudity in St. Marten? Our girls are only 13 and I am sure they would enjoy a quick look at a naked man but I don't think so!

We are thinking about the same tour for St. Thomas, how much beach time did you have? What type of shopping did you do?

Scan those capers as soon as you can looking forward to those.

Again great review!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I never worried about safety really, even if my husband had not been with me I still would not have been nervous travelling to any of the places we went. Did not see much nudity in St. Maarten other than maybe 3 or 4 women with no tops on. 2 out of the 4 were proboably in their 60's and also had on thongs:eek: . Other than that you may see your occasional old guy in a Speedo (which I think they should outlaw all together, by the way) but no naked guys. Godfrey's tour in St. Thomas was soooo worth it. He is so nice and tell you so much about the island, you would not be disappointed in his tour. We were dropped off at Sapphire beach around 2:00 pm and he picked us back up around 4:15pm. We shopped in downtown Charlotte Amalie...proboably the best shopping of the 3 ports. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Great job Ocho,,,,I can't wait to get home and show the review to the DW,,,maybe that'll hold her till we leave in February.

And BTW,,,we'd be the 50 somethings jiggling to the hip-hop,,,we're not as bad as you think!!:rolleyes:

Thanks again!!

No problem, there were proboably some of those older people that could dance better than we could, we were just shocked that any of them would want to. It seemed like the older crowd had more fun and danced more and the younger crowd just sat and watched.

Wow, Thanks for the heads up!! I just looked at their online rates and it will be 169.00 for one night :eek:

I will try your route!!!! ;)

Have a great trip!!!! :D

We will have a blast on Glory. This is a great ship and a great crew. Top this off with great friends and sunshine how can you go wrong. We are so blessed and I remember who provides that.

We have been to all the ports already however, we loved St Maarten and St Thomas and Nassau was a rainy day so that doesn't count. I must remark that even though there have been some spotty rain showers from time to time Nassau was the first port that was a washout. We did go to the Straw Market but also to the Blackbeard Pirate thing and it was not what we expected and with the rain it was doubly so. ;)

Archived