Please Explain 2for1 & Free Air

kankansista

I am really confused on this.

Is the documented price under the 2 for 1 column, the price for 2, or per person?

Also is it really free airfare from those gateways?(I read fuel surcharge, taxes etc not included so understand that)

Has anyone used the cruiseline arranged air?

I would've searched for this but the search is not working.

thanks in advance

I am really confused on this.

Is the documented price under the 2 for 1 column, the price for 2, or per person?

The price under the 2 for 1 is PP

Also is it really free airfare from those gateways?(I read fuel surcharge, taxes etc not included so understand that)

It is free for the air portion but you pay any taxes, fuel surcharges etc...you fly in on the day of the cruise unless you pay extra for arriving earlier or staying later than the cruise dates

You can take the hotel package & get the free air

Subject to Oceania gateway cities

Has anyone used the cruiseline arranged air?

Many people use the free air some take the air credit and book their own air and some pay extra for the deviation fees.

You should talk to your TA to find which option is best for you

Seriously?

It's called MARKETING...

First, NOBODY pays "full brochure rate"...

If you look at the Oceania website or its advertising, they give you two prices...the "full price" in one column and the "2 for 1" (which later in the year goes up to "40% off")...But THAT number is the one you consider as the fare...

The "Free Air" really isn't free...It's actually blended into the price...But, you can opt out if you want...The net effect is that there are two prices--with air and without air...just like every other cruise line...

For our June 2009 cruise on the Nautica, our cruise fare per Oceania is $4299 pp (2 for 1, free air)...but, according to our confirmation, the cruise fare is really $3349 pp ($2950 + $399 in "noncommissionable cruise fare")...There are also taxes and fees attached to that in the amount of $364 pp, so the real cruise fare is $3713 pp...cruise only...

The "air" is listed at $950 pp...But there's also air taxes and fees of $479 pp...So, the actual airfare that we're buying from Oceania really comes out to $1429 pp...last time we cruised Oceania, we wanted to fly into Istanbul early and leave Venice late...and O's hotel package prices are excessive...so we booked our own and opted for a deviation on the flights--which cost us $200 pp extra...If we do that again, we'll pay around $1649 pp for our "free air)...As a comparison, we've booked our own air through AA for this summer's cruise and it cost us $1236 pp...flying LAX to Stockholm, London to LA...

Also, with Oceania, transfers are NOT included...for us, that will be another $127 pp added on...plus the fuel surcharge...

All in all, our invoice from Oceania for that $4299 per person, free air cruise shows a bottom line price of $11,997.60...

Of course, that also includes the optional cruise insurance for $533.80 pp (our cruise insurance for our Celebrity cruise THIS summer cost $139 pp)...and visas for Egypt and Turkey at $98 pp...

If you're comparing prices, just make sure to compare apples to apples...

...and remember, you pay for everything...nothing is ever really "free"...

Great topic, I've also wondered about the 2 for 1 price, and now that everyone has explained it, I am still confused. I have one of their brochures with all the 2 for 1 sales.

So let's pretened an A1 category, 10 day trip to Europe is something like let's say $3,499. Again, $3,499 for the entire trip for two people? Because to me that's what a "2 for 1" means. Or $7,000 for the trip?

Sorry, kind of slow today. :)

Great topic, I've also wondered about the 2 for 1 price, and now that everyone has explained it, I am still confused. I have one of their brochures with all the 2 for 1 sales.

So let's pretened an A1 category, 10 day trip to Europe is something like let's say $3,499. Again, $3,499 for the entire trip for two people? Because to me that's what a "2 for 1" means. Or $7,000 for the trip?

Sorry, kind of slow today. :)

Look at the brochure rate EG: $7000. & take half .... the price pp is $3499.

confusing ...YES!:D

I believe the sale/promotion prices are based on the Brochure rate

I just look at the brochure rate then I have a basic idea of how much it will cost me ...then there are the taxes etc

Decebal- to answer your question, the $3,499 would be per person, if full fare per person is $7,000. It is confusing, but after you figure it out, at least the formula never changes.

From the west coast to Europe, if you decide you don't want the 'free air', they will knock $700-800 off the price.

We usually use their air, as they book us on the only direct flight to europe out of our town, but had to think twice this year. We paid an extra $75 each deviation so we can stay in London for a few days, an extra $200 each as O doesn't book out of our city, and an extra $500 each to get an upgradeable fare. Then we found out that O doesn't actually buy the ticket until 30 days prior to flying, so our chances of being upgraded go down considerably. With their free air rebate and the extra charges, we could have booked the flight ourselves and gauranteed the upgrade.

Oh well, live and learn.

Good morning, I looked at the brochure again and everyone is right, it says "2 for 1 fare per guest".

Amazing how your brain can block something as important as "per guest":) . Once I saw 2 for 1, I thought JACKPOT. Although technically it's not really 2 for 1, it's a tad misleading for bird brains like mine. :D

Archived