Transatlantic Crossings

RMS Olympic

Having serious Seabourn Crossing withdrawal!!! They are sailing already and here we are "landlocked"! How could we allow this to happen to us? Just going over my trivia notes but the "Lunatics" are probably plotting even as I write this. BTW, someone asked about the dreaded Seabourn "calories". As I've noted before on this site we simply do not eat between Seabourn cruises--works for us! Also loved the idea that the endlessly refilled wine glass counts as one only! Champagne wishes, caviar dreams, and endless Seabourn cruises!

We had the same concern whether a smaller ship would be good to do a crossing, but after having just gotten off a Princess cruise with over 3100 people onboard I would welcome the change.

We are booked on the Celebrity Infinity to do Hawaii in April, but even that seems too large with almost 2000 passengers onboard. We also saw that the Legend has a tremendous deal on the 3/27 St. Thomas to Lisbon sailing and it is awfully tempting. If we could get our friends to change, we would do this in a heartbeat.

My motto is I don't like cruises but I love Seabourn. I know we all sound like a broken record on this board but once you go on Seabourn you will understand why there is a world of difference. Don't you get tired of signing endless chits, racing to dinner at your alloted either too early or too late slot, meeting nice people and wishing you could dine with them or even alone with your sweetie once in awhile?What about the mad dash to be one of the first thousands to catch the tenders off the boat only to have to wait forever? What about longing to be in a port where the only 200 people from the boat don't ruin the charm and character of the place? And don't even get me started on the "cabins" where even the nicer ones lack marble bath with tub and his and her sinks, walkin closets, a dressing table with good lighting, a lounging area with loveseat, two chairs and a table and a real queen sized bed.Canecl your other cruise and sign on -- you will not regret it.

I couldn't agree more. We have sailed on Seabourn before and were just on the Silver Whisper last April. Then we just got off the Caribbean Princess last Saturday with 3100 other passengers. There is no comparison. Here is the dilemna, we have friends that we sail with on a regular basis, that will not sail with us on either Silversea or Seabourn because they can't understand the value. They also feel that they won't fit in with others that are on the cruise, because they have simpler tastes. I have tried to explain that by the time that you add up all the chits, gratuities, and then add in for convenience factors, that the smaller luxury ships really do offer a much better value.

I am hopeful that someday they will give it a try as well.

Don

Don~~~I have a 'lit suggestion as to your friends. I know exactly what you are talking about as my very best friend and her husband are reluctant to book Seabourn, even tho' they can well afford it.....are a most charming, well educated couple, they know quality food and wines, are always dressed "to the 9's".......but they keep drivin' down to Galvez and keep cruisin' on the Carnival Elation........which I'm sure is a great ship with wonderful food, etc., etc. but I would like for them to go once on a Seabourn ship........the minute I return from a sailing they want to see the pictures and hear all about the voyage!

I have thought of using one of my $500 "Guest Referral" coupons, sending in their names and if I could talk them into sailing with me, they also would receive a $500 on board credit. Have you thought of this with your friends? I don't know ANY other cruise line that offers such a generous on board credit.

And of course, they would fit in......as you know, the guests on Seabourn are down to earth, thoughtful and loving sailors! Most of my very best friends are Seabourn Sailors! Many of us will stay "amigos para siempre!"

I do hope you will be able to encourage your friends to come try us! What about the 'lit 3 Day, NY-NY cruise in Sept? Maybe they would consider this over a longer voyage.

Good Luck! And Happy Trails and Sails!

MB

Don~~~as a Club member when you received your 2005/2006 Seabourn Catalog your "Guest Referral" coupons would have been in the back. Usually 4......one $500 is good for one booking. Do you remember seeing these? If not, give Tessie a call (she's our new Club Manager) and request the coupons. Then upon final payment of your cruise, mail it in.......I always check to see if they have given me the credit for my upcoming voyage. And yes, I always have my $500 for the Transatlantic Crossings.

Good luck and do either call Tessie or e-mail her.

MB

Martita, thanks. This is sounding better all the time. The spring crossing they have as a guarantee at $1795. Does that mean that I get another $500 off of that as a Club member and if we get our friends to join us they also get the $500 off?

If so, I am definately in!!!

Don

Don~~~the "Guest Referral" $500 is for on board credit only.....I use mine for dry cleaning, spa appointments, pictures, Boutique items, etc. You may also apply the funds for any Seabourn excursions. You fill in your friends names, address's, etc., then if they book , they also receive the on board credit of $500. It's a most generous "gift" from Seabourn! I love to have the credit "just sitting there" when I board!

Do you think your friends would try the 3 Day, NY-NY in Sept.? It's very reasonable, I think.

MB

Because our Virtuoso TA booked our last 14 day cruise as two separate cruises we were able to use two certificates on our 14 day trip -- believe me it was hard to spend the money -- even with two shore excursions, pictures and a few very good bottles of wine we found ourselves in the gift store the last day buying it out ( we now have Seabourn clothing, nice silver Greek jewelry, cologne -- he forgot to bring his -- and a crystal decanter). This trip we intend to share a nice bottle of Bonnie Doone with our favorite party planner Martita !!!

Archived