Best hotel at Port of Miami before cruise for party of 11?

Hi there. We're a party of 11 with adults, teens, tweens & one senior coming in the night before our cruise on the Liberty (7/12). What hoteldoes anyone suggest staying at? We'll be in around lunch time so a nice hotel pool, or restaurants & shopping close by would be a plus! Thanks!

Depending on your budget, the Holiday Inn and the Intercontinental are both near the port, and right next to Bayside Marketplace--a shopping/dining "mall" area!

Both are run by the same hotel group, but the Intercontinental is REALLY nice! The Holiday Inn is, well, a Holiday Inn!

This is the one I stay at. There is no shuttle, but the cabs are not that expensive because you are right across the bridge from the ships. You can ask the Bell Hops for a van or two for the whole family when time to leave for the ship and they will call you one. ;)

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bayside Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

I have stayed there twice and will always stay there when sailing from Miami. It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested. I paid $219.72 total for 2 nights in a September.

If you join their Priority Club, you save a discount on the room right away.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...questid=810278

Here is a site showing you the Marketplace and what it has to offer.

Bayside marketplace.

www.baysidemarketplace.com

Hi there. We're a party of 11 with adults, teens, tweens & one senior ***ing in the night before our cruise on the Liberty (7/12). What hoteldoes anyone suggest staying at? We'll be in around lunch time so a nice hotel pool, or restaurants & shopping close by would be a plus! Thanks!

Hi diznycrzy622

Looks like you're on the same cruise as us - we're flying into Miami from Scotland on 7/9 and taking advantage of some relaxation time on South Beach before joining the ship. I have one teen daughter aged 15. Have you registered for the Meet & Mingle?

We like to stay in South Beach pre-cruise. Lots of shopping and dining at Lincoln Road, plus the beach!

If you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a fabulous location, try the South Seas Hotel on Collins. When we last stayed there, the rooms had been redone and they served a nice continental breakfast included in the room rate. Best of all -- they have a beautiful pool area and direct access to the beach. And, the hotel is within walking distance to the Delano, the Shore Club and the Ritz Carlton, all of which are great for drinks and watching the beautiful people.

It's just a quick taxi ride from South Beach to the port.

We avoid the downtown hotels near the pier. Bayside Market is, to us, just like any other mall in America.

But, South Beach feels like our vacation has started early!

If you want to stay near the cruise port and not care about a beach, then I reccomend the InterContinental. If you want beach, I would stay near South Beach if you are flying to MIA but if you are flying into FLL, you might find a cheaper but nicer beach resort there.

We like to stay at Holiday Inn Port of Miami. One of our favorite restaurants right across the street at Bayside is Bubba Gumps. There is usually live music outside as well.

Archived