Dressing on Casual Nights- footwear help needed

Destin Mom

I'm pretty well covered on formal nights thanks to all of the recent threads. My question is for the casual nights...for the ladies out there, what type of footwear? I am really trying to limit my shoes on the trip. We live in a resort town where nicer flip flops are the norm for casual dining. Can I wear nicer flip flops with a skirt in the dining room on casual nights? I am bringing one good pair of shoes for formal night but these would be too dressy for the casual attire I was planning to wear the rest of the cruise. I can pack another pair if needed but would love to leave them at home if I can. Thanks very much for your input!

I'm not a shoe person, so am happy with one nice pair of flats. They work with everything from my long formal gowns (can't see them anyway) to dress pants. I used to stress over which heels to bring .... till one day I realized I couldn't balance on them as well as I once did. How can I be in my 60's when my head is still in my 40's? :)

Thank you...both pairs of flip flops I was planning to bring are leather with designs on the straps (sequins or glittery stuff). Sound okay? Also, my husband was planning to bring leather ones as well. I'd hate to be dressed correctly on formal nights only to find I'm a mess on the casual ones!

Thank you...both pairs of flip flops I was planning to bring are leather with designs on the straps (sequins or glittery stuff). Sound okay? Also, my husband was planning to bring leather ones as well. I'd hate to be dressed correctly on formal nights only to find I'm a mess on the casual ones!

Sounds perfect for both of you. :)

I worried about what to bring on our first cruise, but we found, at least on our 7-day Caribbean cruise, people dressed much more casually than I thought they would, especially on casual nights. I'd brought along all sorts of shoes, but in the end, comfort won out. My sandals/flip flops sound just like yours and I fit right in with everyone.

I prefer sandals for the dining room. Just my personal preference. Perhaps because I'm a New Englander and to many of us flip flops are for the beach. (Too cold here most months of the year for flip floppies.)

We live half the time in a resort area and those leather sandals/flip=flops sound pretty formal to me. My wife wears assorted items of that type, some leather some not, and I wear athletic shoes as I need the arch and extra support. Guess I'll also have to bring a pair of dress shoes on HAL, would hate to miss dinner! ;)

Archived