Golden Princess May 10-May 17 2008

aussiechick7

We have just had a fantastic holiday to Alaska aboard the Golden Princess.Everything was better than we had hoped for she is a beautiful ship and did not show any wear and tear,we will sail on her again.

FOOD,

Food was wonderful in the buffet and in the dining rooms.We had traditional dining at 8.15pm,but if we did not want to go we just picked another restaurant at another time and had no problems doing this.There was so much to choose from we didn't know where to start!There is defnitley something to please everyone and the service was always great.

STATEROOMS,

I was a bit worried about this after all the bad reports on these boards,but I found no problems,the room was lovely and the balcony fantastic we even had Champagne breakfast out there($28 for two)and it was lovely we thought it was a real bargain.Bed was comfortable and we had no problems sleeping soundly every night.

Shower was small but did not pose any problems for us,of couse we did not spend much time in there!Room was kept spotless for the whole week

no complaints there.

ENTERTAINMENT

Shows were really great, singers and dancers very proffesional.All shows we saw we really enjoyed.For those intrested alcohol is cheap and the Margarheitas are great!

SHORE EXCURSIONS

We pre-booked with Princess,Mendenhall Glacier was really good,Ghost and Good time girls a lot of fun,and horse trolley ride was intresting and we all had a good laugh.

All in all we had a fantastic time and would go princess again any time.

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them if I can.

Yes amazingly enough it was the Golden:eek: !!!!! and it was fabulous:D

Our other excursions were Ghosts and good time girls this a tour all about the brothels,but it was all good fun!!!and we went on a trolley ride four big horses take you all around town we really enjoyed it,it only lasts 45 minutes.

Enjoyed your review and glad to hear you had a great time. We are taking the same cruise on the Golden this Saturday and were hoping that what we had read in another post was not true for everyone.

BTW- who was the CD??

Thanks

hi,

I really can't recall what was served each night for dinner,but we were a party of six and every night we all had something different so there was definatley a great selection and none of us had any complaints.We did the steakhouse one night and the steaks were cooked to perfection,two men in our party had the 22oz T-bones and said they were great,I had the Fillet Mingon and it was beautiful.Prawn cocktails were nice and desserts to die for!!!!

Hi,

I really enjoyed the cruise as well,but like you said it was a bit rough the first day,but I had no problems and I was on Ahoa deck aft and my first cruise so I was a bit worried!!.I was also sorry I did not get to meet you,but I looked for you from your pictures on this board perhaps we will meet on our next cruise as I would also like to cruise on the Golden Princess again as she is a beautiful ship.

Bye for now:)

Archived