best way to attach luggage tags?

cathydev

I have printed off my luggage tags and was thinking of taking them to Kinko's to be laminated and will attach them to my luggage with heavy duty plastic cable ties. My question is...is this OK? The directions say to staple or attach them directly to the luggage. I took this to mean flat against the luggage. I suppose I could use clear strapping tape and tape them to the suitcase, but that doesn't very secure.

I just want to ensure my luggage gets to my room and that my luggage tag doesn't fall off....

In February, on the Elation, we folded them to look like regular luggage tags and put clear plastic tape over them. Then we punched a whole and put elastic through and attached them like the old lugguage tags. Our bags made it to our room without any problems.

We're doing it again next week on the Miracle. I hope we have no issues with it.

I have printed off my luggage tags and was thinking of taking them to Kinko's to be laminated and will attach them to my luggage with heavy duty plastic cable ties. My question is...is this OK? The directions say to staple or attach them directly to the luggage. I took this to mean flat against the luggage. I suppose I could use clear strapping tape and tape them to the suitcase, but that doesn't very secure.

I just want to ensure my luggage gets to my room and that my luggage tag doesn't fall off....

I laminated my tags too, and attached as you plan, and we still had one missing a tag when our bags arrrived at our room.

I think they got our name off of the airline baggage tag or the tag that came with that bag, and we still got the bag to our room around the same time as all of our other bags.

With the way the bags are handled, I could see how easily any tag could get snagged somewhere and ripped off the bag even if laminated or covered in packing tape. The old style tags with the elastic attachment and reinforced hole were more forgiving to abuse.

I highly recommend having a second type of tag (airline or permanent type) with at least your name on each bag as we we did. I also print off extra copies of the tags and put one in each bag's outside pocket.

I went to Office Depot and bought ID holders. They are clear plastic and you slip your luggage tag in them and then tied them on with a twistie tie. They are about $3 and you get 5 in eachpackage. I bought the horizontal ones and they worked perfect. Have reused them twice and they still work.

We are going to be in Rome 5 days pre-cruise, so I am planning on putting them on at the check in at the cruise port. Definitely would not put them on for flying...can't imagine them surviving.

In February, on the Elation, we folded them to look like regular luggage tags and put clear plastic tape over them. Then we punched a whole and put elastic through and attached them like the old lugguage tags. Our bags made it to our room without any problems.

We're doing it again next week on the Miracle. I hope we have no issues with it.

we did the same but used plastic zip ties.;)

I think I will go the safest way and get the Office Depot luggage tags. They will be stronger as made for such things and can be reused over and over again. Not a bad price for lots of use. I will also print extra copies of the luggage tags and place one in each bag just in case so the luggage will still get to us. I'm a safety girl!!!!

Archived