Need some help on Med shore excursions

marlin1518

I have read where it is very hot in Sorrento, Pompeii and places like such. My question is.. do the tour companys supply water on the tours or should I bring some from the ship ?? Or is there places while on the tours where you can purchase something to drink.. Thanks !!!

i haven't been to that area yet, but doing tours in greece and turkey...yes, it can get very hot...

we took extra waters....our tours did give out some water and were able to purchase more, usually had vendors around selling water or sodas..

hint: pack a couple of sippy bottles...then you can refill from the tap.

you will see people filling bottles at the buffet or blue lagoon (if you have a blue lagoon)...if the bottle was a wide mouth, drop some ice in.

my excursions bag: water for each of us, a couple of sodas, a couple of candy bars (need the engery) and a couple of packages cracker snacks or boxes of cereal.

I have read where it is very hot in Sorrento, Pompeii and places like such. My question is.. do the tour companys supply water on the tours or should I bring some from the ship ?? Or is there places while on the tours where you can purchase something to drink.. Thanks !!!

Bring it from the ship. We just take one of those insulated containers and fill it with ice and water when we leave the ship. Remember all water on the ship is made from evaporation and is essentially cleaner than bottled water. Of course, you can buy anything off the ship - just bring lots and lots of euros.

Been to both places and they have vendors that will be selling ice cold water right outside of the ruins in Pompeii. Same with Sorrento...Bottle water is not hard to find anywhere on the Med itin....You will have a great time.

When we went last year, we brought our own water and also purchased beverages a couple of times when we wanted something really cold. One of our tour guides supplied water on the bus, but just that one.

Enjoy!

Archived