Port Canaveral Taxi Question

No. Did not take a taxi. We used Art's shuttle and it was $70 for 2. I found that all of the shuttle services were about the same. The more people you have the cheaper it is. Perhaps this will help you in your comparisons.

A taxi would be expensive considering the port is 45 minutes from the airport. We are renting a car from Hertz since we are coming in a few days early. Will return it the morning of our cruise and Hertz will shuttle us to the port for free. After our cruise we are using a towncar service since Delta change my flight to wayyyyyyyyy to early.

Art's shuttle, that a lot of people have used, is currently having legal issues and is not operating.

If you check out the florida departure board, there is lots of information there about transportation.

A taxi would be expensive considering the port is 45 minutes from the airport. We are renting a car from Hertz since we are coming in a few days early. Will return it the morning of our cruise and Hertz will shuttle us to the port for free. After our cruise we are using a towncar service since Delta change my flight to wayyyyyyyyy to early.

Art's shuttle, that a lot of people have used, is currently having legal issues and is not operating.

If you check out the florida departure board, there is lots of information there about transportation.

WOW! things happen so quickly. It was just a late May/April we used them. Our driver said that the company had recently been sold and was under new mangement.

Comfort Inn offers a park and cruise special that I use. The website is. http://www.comfortinncocoabeach.com/

Maybe it's worth looking into for you, if you'd like to come in a day early. There are restaurants within walking distance, McDonalds and Shoney's across the street. Also Bert's Surf Shop right next door:

Fly, Snooze & Cruise 2 Days / 1 Nights

2015.jpg

Why spend your pre and post-cruise nights stuck at an airport hotel in Orlando when you can spend it strolling on the beach?

Fly to Orlando. Take a bus to a boring airport hotel. Take a bus back to the airport the next morning. Then take another bus to the cruise tereminals an hour and a half away. That's not a vacation. That's a lot of hassle and wasted time.

Our Fly, Snooze & Cruise Package includes round trip transportation from Orlando International Airport, overnight accommodations, welcome cocktail, and transfers direct to your cruise terminal for 2 people.

Extra quality time spent with your family and cure for the common airport hotel blahs included at no extra charge

WOW! things happen so quickly. It was just a late May/April we used them. Our driver said that the company had recently been sold and was under new mangement.

I guess it has only happened in the last few weeks. There have been a few threads of people who got off the ship to find they had no transportation.:( Their website has a one line statement saying they will be back on June 15th but that is the day we sail and I can't leave not knowing whether I have a ride back to the airport or not so we have made alternate plans. I tried to call and cancel but their phones are forwarded to another company that doesn't have access to any of Art's reservation information.

Thanks for the replies. We are also renting a car from Hertz to drive to the port, but we also have an early flight home and thought it would be easier to take a taxi. I also checked into getting one way transfers from RCCL, but it would be $70 for the 2 of us and I hate using their transfer because it takes forever. May be I will try to call the taxi company and get a quote from them. Hopefully it won't be more than $70.

Thanks for the replies. We are also renting a car from Hertz to drive to the port, but we also have an early flight home and thought it would be easier to take a taxi. I also checked into getting one way transfers from RCCL, but it would be $70 for the 2 of us and I hate using their transfer because it takes forever. May be I will try to call the taxi company and get a quote from them. Hopefully it won't be more than $70.

I remember reading a taxi rate at some point and I think it was closer to $120. I can understand not wanting to rent a car when you have an early flight. Thanks to Delta and all their price cutting steps my flight is not at 11:15am instead of early afternoon.:eek: We are taking a towncar from the port to the airport and will hopefully make it. Last year, we rented from Budget after our cruise and were at the airport with car returned and all checked in for our flight by 9:30am so I have hope.

When is your cruise? I will post the name of this towncar service after we return if it all goes well. Hey, I might even post the name if it goes bad too.;) We will be back on June 22nd.

Archived