Mini-Suite = Inside Cabin Price?

CalTrojan

I recently booked a mini-suite on a Jewel Baltic Cruise for approximately the same going rate as the inside cabins on Deck 11 (which is to say the rates were VERY reasonable). I know I really shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but what do you think the rationale could be behind this? Do you think they upgraded the rest of the cabins to 2.0 and the mini-suite would still be worked on? Is there a catch or am I just over-thinking this all?

Just as an FYI, I booked directly and not through a travel agent. Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

I recently booked a mini-suite on a Jewel Baltic Cruise for approximately the same going rate as the inside cabins on Deck 11 (which is to say the rates were VERY reasonable). I know I really shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but what do you think the rationale could be behind this? Do you think they upgraded the rest of the cabins to 2.0 and the mini-suite would still be worked on? Is there a catch or am I just over-thinking this all?

Just as an FYI, I booked directly and not through a travel agent. Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Cabins are priced over time by how well they are selling.

If a large group booked most of the Insides, the remaining Insides fares rise. Likewise for Ocenaviews, Balconies, and Suites.

Therefore, somebody or some group booked most of the Insides on your specific cruise, and very few have booked the mini-suites. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

And, if they are not selling all the minis- then the price comes down. combination of the two. On our recent cruise towards the end before sailing, the mini was the same as most balcony cabins. Supply and demand and good business.

Thanks for all the great advice. It's good to know that the minis are upgraded to 2.0.

As for how I got such a good price, it was just a matter of luck and timing. I literally booked about three weeks ago after getting the mass e-mail from NCL about the Europe upgrade sale. When investigating the prices, I saw that the minis were just $100 more than inside cabins, so I decided to take the plunge.

Archived