Anyone just off the Amsterdam--question

trvldog

Question for anyone returning from the Amsterdam-

On the Victoria stop is the dinning time the same as all the other nights? I see we arrive at 630p and we plan to go to Butchart Gardens so just curious if they change this or if we just eat before hand in Lido or room service afterwards :)-

Just curious... Thanks!

On the May 16-23 cruise dining times in Victoria were a little earlier for traditional dining -- 5:00 pm early seating, 7:15 pm late seating.

Normally the dining times were 5:30 pm and 7:45 pm.

Have a great cruise!

Oh Wonderful - not that is would hurt us to miss a meal ;), but glad we can catch it before we hit the tour because the gardens would win over the meal :):)

KK- Did you take the tour the ship offers or did you go out on your own?

We have been to Butchard Gardens before so we chose not to do that tour. And having been to Victoria several times, we did our own thing.

We really don't like the new port. You can walk into town -- bit of hike for older people (us) -- but there are tons of taxis to take you into town.

You can also buy an all day pass -- forgot what it costs but we thought that it was ridicuous since we aren't there all day.

There is not much open in the evenings -- a couple of gift shops and the Empress Hotel if you are there on a Saturday night.

Last year while on the Noordam we did the ship's tour of Butchard Gardens. We had early dining and the servers were great with getting us rushed thru so we could eat. We ended up having plenty of time.

Also note that while last year both my last cruises the fixed dining times were 5:30 and 7:45 and the first week of the Amsterdam has also confirmed that that was the dining times I did notice that CC member Skyglider posted his daily program that showed dining times of 5:45 and 8 PM. I am thinking they went back to those times to accomodate their new show times better.

a59Program4.jpg

We were just up to Victoria in Feb for 3 nights but we did not go to the gardens since we felt not much blooming at that time so did the museum, high tea and town during so this time is the Gardens- It has been about 13 years for me and almost 30 years for my mom to visit the gardens so we are excited.

I am looking forward to the Vicoria stop actually- The last 2 times we sailed from Seattle we stopped in Prince Rupert for the Canada stop and we did not like that port at all- One reason to travel from Vancouver :):)

my wife and I just got back a few weeks ago. Dinning in Victoria is great. We ate at RIC's steakhouse the best dinning in Victoria and at a reasonable price... We had a steak dinner for under $100.00 with tip and drinks... I highly recommend Ric's:)

On level 3 head to the aft of the ship and check out one of the lounge chairs. I great place catch a snooze with the sound of the water rush out from the propellers below you. Also a great photo op place.

We were an hour late into port, arriving at about 7pm. We chose to eat before the walk into town, 1.2 miles, chilly but safe, all sidewalks. The Amsterdam has as-you-will dining as an option, very convenient if you make reservations in the morning. Jim in Ohio

We were an hour late into port, arriving at about 7pm. We chose to eat before the walk into town, 1.2 miles, chilly but safe, all sidewalks. The Amsterdam has as-you-will dining as an option, very convenient if you make reservations in the morning. Jim in Ohio

Jim, you just got off the Amsterdam yesterday? I have a questionswere you by chance in a S Suite? I have a few questions that apply to S Suites on the Amsterdam and there has not been anyoone that recently returned that was in an S Suite

Jim, you just got off the Amsterdam yesterday? I have a questionswere you by chance in a S Suite? I have a few questions that apply to S Suites on the Amsterdam and there has not been anyoone that recently returned that was in an S Suite

Hi Lisa, I am very curious about the S suites too, so whatever your questions are I am sure I will be interested in knowing the answers too. Wii also be waiting for your detailed report afterwards. You just have a few days now. Wahoo!

Hi Lisa, I am very curious about the S suites too, so whatever your questions are I am sure I will be interested in knowing the answers too. Wii also be waiting for your detailed report afterwards. You just have a few days now. Wahoo!

CJ, these are my questions.

1. Did they hold a Suite Welcome Party in the Neptune on Friday night? I had read that one of the ships had not done this recently.

2. Did they have a Suite Luncheon seperately from the Mariner Brunch if so what day or were they held on the same day and you had to decide which you would go to.

3. Was there a VIP Cocktail Party and what night was that held?

CJ, these are my questions.

1. Did they hold a Suite Welcome Party in the Neptune on Friday night? I had read that one of the ships had not done this recently.

2. Did they have a Suite Luncheon seperately from the Mariner Brunch if so what day or were they held on the same day and you had to decide which you would go to.

3. Was there a VIP Cocktail Party and what night was that held?

Yes yes yes. I do want to know all of that and more. rofl. You are going to have such a great week!

Archived