Regent Voyager Christmas Cruise

Is anyone else booked on this cruise? Been on a previous Voyager Christmas cruise? What activities can we expect? Special menus? Carols? Other events?

I was on Voyager last Halloween, and I was really impressed with the theme events and had a great time.

A number of the ports seem to be short, so we are looking forward to the ship. My husband hasn't been on Voyager so I am really looking forward to sharing it with him.

A few ports are new to us like St. Kitts and Bonaire. We might snorkle in Bonaire,I don't know. We won't be in St. Kitts long. Any suggestions?

We were on an RSSC Panama Canal cruise from 12/19/04 to 1/5/05 so we celebrated Christmas and New Years on the ship.

I don't remember Christmas Carols per se but I do belive on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day they were there as sort of background music. Most of the Christmas activities were aimed at the kids. There were about 2 dozen kids aged 4- late teens on our trip. They interviewed willing adults about our Christmas lists and made ornaments for the tree. Even the Jewish kids seemed to get into it. They also had some ceremony of throwing the tree overboard. The common areas were beautifully decorated and there was a program put on by the staff representing Christmas customs for all their homelands. That was my favorite. These were not professional performers but the wait staff and stewards wanting to share their culture. There may have been some opportunity to sing along. can't remember.

There was the option of ordering either a turkey or goose for Christmas dinner (no extra cost). It would be brought to your table and you could carve him yourself. I don't know of anyone who did that. There were other traditionally Christmas items on the menu like certain pies, pastries, but I don't remember what they were. Mincemeat???

The arts and craft instructor had us making Christmas decorations for our rooms and doors. Oh wait, I remember, they had a door decorating contest.

I do remember that by December 26, all vestiges of Christmas had disappeared.

Our trip was 17 days and I think we had 5 sea days. We never lacked for anything to do. Tea time, trivia, cooking demos, tours of the galley, backstage tours. Have a wonderful trip. I'd gladly do anohter RSSC holiday cruise.

That's too bad that the trees disappear right after Christmas. We were on Navigator in 2006, just before Christmas, and the decorations were basically up for that cruise. Very pretty. I would love to try a Christmas cruise some day. It would be nice for them to leave the trees for a day or two.

Door decorating and such sound like great fun, and I would guess some arrive with decorations.

I was on 2 cruises in December last year (Silver Whisper and Regent Navigator), but neither were over Christmas. Both decorated the last day of the cruise for the next cruise, which was the Christmas cruise in both cases. The Silversea CD said they don't decorate too early so that they won't offend anybody. That's the world we seem to live in.

I would love the program of the staff telling about their customs, also. We'd be one of the ones not picking the goose or turkey but would enjoy seeing others have it if they wanted it. We had goose at a 5 star resort a few years ago at Christmas, and it was so beautifully prepared.

I was also wondering if people really dress up . I guess since it is 11 nights, we will have all the types of clothing and go with the flow. I know it is 7 months off, but I am anxiously awaiting it.

Any thoughts about St. Kitts or Bonaire?

I hope their won't be 2 dozen kids onboard, at least not pool crawlers. I do like my hot tub time, and I already found the area crowded compared to Silversea.

Spent Christmas on the Mariner one year. Wonderful decorations all over ship, we decorated our door so Santa would know where we were.

One of the officers, I think it was the chief engineer, dressed up as Santa on Christmas day and handed out presents to all the kids on board in the forward lounge.

Tree didn't come down while we were on board, but there were some dents in the gingerbread house in the main lobby.

A fun cruise.

We have been on the Voyager the past two years over the Holidays. The ship is beautifully decorated, and the tree has stayed up until New Years day.

This past year they had a special buffet on Christmas Day for lunch, and some traditional offerings in Compass Rose for dinner.

Santa arrives in one of the glass elevators and gives all the children gifts. They did sing carols during the day in the atrium......hard to remember everything.

Jamie has waterskiied around the ship dressed as Santa both years, lots of fun and drinks for all.

Christmas and New Years this year were sea days which we enjoyed......

There was a huge gingerbread house in the atrium with cookies for all.

New Years Eve is very festive, and everyone was very dressed up in formal wear.

Our cruise (2004-2005) was for 17 days and we had 4 formal nights. People were dressy but not over the top and since we were in port for Chrismtas (Gutan Yacht Club in the Panama Canal) and New Years (Alcapulco) they were semi-formal nights. All formal nights were sea days, I think.

Now that someone mentioned it, Santa did water ski around the ship.

There may have been a carol sing along that we missed.

Don't worry about the kids. They had programs for them and actually incorporated their activities into the adults. For example they had contest at the pool and needed 2 pre-teen girls to stay in the water holding a target. Another time they had a miniature golf tournament starting on the top deck and working it's way down stairs, elevators, thru hallways, thru shops. Anyway, each of the 18 holes was an obstacle course much more creative than a windmill or some other thing you might find on land. The kids were either in costumes and part of the obstacles (I remember an aligator) or helping find lost balls, keep score, whatever. The golf tournament was hillarious. I'm surprised the kids attentions spans held out.

Also, they had a room for them to meet, watch movies, eat pizza. They had their own programs and activities, too. We'd see them at times and I did the zip line with 3 pre-teens. But they were not a problem at all. My guess is that if the family can afford a Regent cruise for their kids, these kids have already been to fancy restaurants and stuff (probably been to the country club) and are well behaved.

We are on this Christmas Voyager cruise also. I did start a thread on the roll call page but a lot of roll calls seem to stay on this board.

I'm Suzanne, my DH Chris and DD Hannah.

We have only ever cruised at Christmas and never before on Regent (Celebrity and HAL).

There are always more children on board during the holidays but on these lines its never been a problem.

My daughter hardly ever uses the pool as every port day we are out enjoying the Caribbean sea.

We're looking forward to this cruise and can't wait to see Santa skiing round the ship!!

We were on final segment of Pacific Rim on the Mariner from Auckland and arriving in Los Angeles December 18 '07. The last week the Christmas trees were popping up all over the ship and crew were decorating through out. It was wonderful !!

Archived