SAGA Rumour

OMG! If they buy the Celebration I hope the crew don't go with it! I'm saving up for the Adriatic/Aegean next season and was especially pleased that the Celebration was supposed to be going there.

I believe Thomson own the Celebration and lease the Spirit from Louis Lines. I hope they're not letting either of these ships go they are so friendly and I'm not sure they will re-create quite the same atmosphere on another ship!

There were rumours on this board earlier this year about Thomson buying a bigger ship - I wonder if it's all part of a larger scale re-structuring along with letting the Emerald go.

Please let us know if you hear anything else.

Eeek!, I was hoping to take in the Canaries and Greece on the Celebration next year.

With the Norwegian Dream moving to Louis from this winter? I wonder if they will charter it to Thomson, perhaps replacing the Emerald, or keep it for themselves and leave Thomsons to thrash around looking for their 'more contemporary' tonnage. On the other hand I suppose a 'Thomson Dream' could just be substituted for one of the older ships as it will have more cabins and anyone already booked should fit in OK.

Archived