Taking creatine monohydrate on the ship

I currently take a creatine monohydrate supplement. I want to take this with me on my Cruise next month. The containers are large and expensive, so I really don't want to buy a new one to take on the ship. It is white and powdery, so you can see why this might look suspicious.

Can I just take the opened container on the ship with me? If I had too, I will purchase a new bottle, however by the time I get off the ship and go through Customs, it would be opened and I think it would be harder getting off a ship with that then getting on it! :eek:

Has anyone taken this or any other supplements on the ship, and if so, how should you declare it?

Its legal?? I dont see any problem. I would bring it in its original container so they wouldnt have to question what it is though.

We bring a whole small container of pills of all kinds and they never looked closely at them. I wouldnt worry.

I would just cut the creatine out of my stack for a week if I were you. A week off of it isn't going to hurt any and you should even drop a couple pounds since the creatine won't be in you retaining water. Most lifters deload for three weeks before a meet anyway, a week without creatine won't matter. I'd be more worried about getting enough good protein while onboard, that is if you plan on working out hard enough while onboard to get the microtears. I stack anabolic switch, hydroxycut hardcore and 100% whey and layed off all but the hardcore while on the ship last week with no ill effects. Just ate lots of meat and eggs.

I have no freaking idea what you guys are talking about, but this is one more great example of the depth of knowledge that is displayed on this board every day. It doesn't matter what the question is, SOMEONE will have an answer almost instantly. I love it!

I have no freaking idea what you guys are talking about, but this is one more great example of the depth of knowledge that is displayed on this board every day. It doesn't matter what the question is, SOMEONE will have an answer almost instantly. I love it!

I understand you, but nothing else about what is being said on this thread.

My question to the person asking the initial question.......IS IT A PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT?

I have a protein s deficency, and wonder if it would help me? I would love to get off the blood thinners. Been on them for 1.5 years now. They can not get my blood stable.

There is nothing wrong with takling it with you - perfectly legal. I wouldn't want to take one of the BIG tubs as it would take up so much room. Also, I don't think I would put it in a non-labeled container as it might look strange if not suspicious to your room steward.

With that said, i plan on taking a break just before my next cruise and hopefully drop a some water weight ....

I understand you, but nothing else about what is being said on this thread.

My question to the person asking the initial question.......IS IT A PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT?

I have a protein s deficency, and wonder if it would help me? I would love to get off the blood thinners. Been on them for 1.5 years now. They can not get my blood stable.

Yes, it is a PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT.

Sorry, I'm not that "original person", but I used CREATINE a lot when weight-training. After workouts it adds additional PROTEIN to BUILD larger muscle tissue and help repair STRESSED and DAMAGED muscle tissue.

However, the body cannot store PROTEIN, any excess must be eliminated by the kidneys. If you're not building muscle tissue with some kind of weight training program this is not recommended. You can really damage your kidneys. :(

At my age (68), I'm in a maintenance mode right now and have eliminated the powder from my diet. Eating a lot of fish and chicken, peanut butter, or nuts should provide enough PROTEIN for the average diet.

Archived