Any Suggestions NYC Aug 1-Aug 6, 2008

saracenman

Hi my wife and I and brother in law are flying from UK Aug 1 and staying at Excelsior west 81 prior to A2 balconies qm2 Aug 7.

Do any of you kind posters have suggestions things to do in NYC to include restaurants, attractions, museums, theatre etc.

Ist time brother in law in NYC wife and I few times but not for 6 years.

Much appreciate and will reciprocate re london etc

Hi my wife and I and brother in law are flying from UK Aug 1 and staying at Excelsior west 81 prior to A2 balconies qm2 Aug 7.

Do any of you kind posters have suggestions things to do in NYC to include restaurants, attractions, museums, theatre etc.

Go to Playbill.com where you can purchase discount tickets for broadway shows. If you purchase, you can pick them up on the day of the show the "Will Call" window. Also, use the search feature on this page to search "hop on hop off buses". These are the easiest way for tourists to get to all the sights. There are several different loops, depending on your interests. Of course, NY has several world-class museums, The Metropolitan and Museum of Modern Art are two of the largest. As for restaurants you can find everything from a hotdog stand to a five star gourmet restaurant on the same block in Manhattan. What type of meals do you favor?

This site has lots of great suggestions for everything you need or want to do in NYC

http://www.newyorkled.com/

Enjoy!!

you can get a free ride to see most of them by going to Pier 11 and taking the free ferry to IKEA....and back...although they may start looking at whether you are going to shop or not. You can get an inexpensive lunch at IKEA as well....

Archived