? about overnight on Atlantic Coast cruise

We are looking at the 14 day Atlantic Coast cruise and have a question about how the overnight works. It says Quebec City, Quebec, ON/over night, then day 1 Quebec City, Quebec.

-So do you board the ship and spend the night onboard in port in Quebec, even though you don't depart until the next day?

-Has anyone done this and could you explain this to us?

-Is there a time you have to be onboard or can you arrive any time?

-Can you come and go as you please?

-Once you check in, could you spend all night if you wanted to in Quebec, not onboard?

-Do you have to embark that first day, even though you stay in port?

Thank you! :)

I can give an educated guess about this based on my overnights in other ports.

If I were planning to board on the second day---the day of sailing, I would notify HAL and make arrangements. The check-in staff would be gone, and I wouldn't want to have been considered a no-show, with my cabin given to someone wanting to upgrade. I have no doubt the arrangements could be made.

If you board on embarkation day you can come and go as you please, right up to all-aboard time on the second day.

Sure, you can stay out all night if you want to. There's no curfew.

Does that help?

Can't speak for Quebec City, but we had similar situations in Europe.

In Istanbul the majority of us arrived the first day and could anything we wanted to for the rest of embarkation day and anything we wanted to do before we sailed the next day. Of course we had to be on borad the second day in time for life loat drill.

I would definitely let HAL know your final plans. You don;t want to arrive at the ship and find your cabin is gone.

There should be people on duty at check-in the next day as well as some people may have arrangments via that won;t get them to the ship until then. We had that situation in Istanbul and a couple of other ports.

You can stay out all night and return to the ship in time for 'all aboard'.

I second Ruth's comment that you should definitely make arrangements in advance and in writing if you wish to embark the day after scheduled embarkation day.

You'll LOVE Quebec City....... charming! Wonderful food, fun shopping, Very pretty in Old Quebec.

Archived