New Cruiser Questions

KatieLyn

I am anxiously awaiting October 30th for my first cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess. I have a few questions and know many of you can assist me.
:confused: Where do I purchase a soda card?
:rolleyes: When are the formal nights and how dressy are they?
:) Is it better to book excursions through Princess or just find someone when you arrive at an island?
:cool: THANK YOU!!! Katie

Katie:

Where can you NOT buy a soda card would be a better question! They'll be all around you trying to sell 'em to you. If they've backed off on the hard sell any (and it really wasn't that bad), you can buy one at any bar.

For your other questions, you'll get better answers on the Princess board here at Cruise Critic. I for one wouldn't leave my shore excursions until last minute if there was a specific tour I wanted to take, unless you were already familiar with the port.

Good luck and enjoy!

The ports of call section of this board can help you if you want to book excursions on your own. You do save money- but beware-sometimes the ittenary changes.

We had booked comfort Inn Suites at Paradise Island-Nassau to do the aquaraium-waterpark thing at Atlantis last month. Because of Jeanne and iffy weather we cancelled and it was a good thing as we ended up going to Nassau on a Tues. instead of on Monday as we were scheduled.

So find out their cancellation policy-especially ofcourse if you are still putting out a good bit of bucks.

We choose to book thru the ship, if our excursion is late or held up, the ship will wait, they dont for independant.
Formal nights are long gowns (or blouse and long skirts or fancy pants) and tux's and suits. There is a great debate on just how fancy you should get, if you follow Princess's guidelines you will be fine. Also if it's not your sort of dinner you can also eat in the buffet resturant :) We have never purchased soada cards as we never drink more than 2 sodas a day but I was told you may purchase them at any bar :)

Archived