Publix on 17th-how far?

Sheila2

The Marriott Marina is about a 7 minute cab ride from the Pier. The publix is about 3-4 blocks from the Marriott (walkable). Another hint, if you are planning on bringing wine or booze on the ship, there is a liquor store about a block away from publix with a good wine selection. All are within walking distance from the Marriott.

The Publix is probably half mile from the pier, but expect heavy traffic to slow your taxi. My guess is it will take about 15 minutes to and from.

If the Publix is right near our hotel and only a half mile from the port then we can walk to the port instead of getting a cab right??

Yes but you are probably much wiser and more sensible than I am :D .

Actually we are avid hikers so dragging three rolling duffels for a mile doesn't seem bad to us at all....as long as there are sidewalks....I do NOT want to be walking on a busy roadway just on the side of the road. But if there is a walk way I would be happier walking than sitting in a cab. :)

Yes but you are probably much wiser and more sensible than I am :D .

Actually we are avid hikers so dragging three rolling duffels for a mile doesn't seem bad to us at all....as long as there are sidewalks....I do NOT want to be walking on a busy roadway just on the side of the road. But if there is a walk way I would be happier walking than sitting in a cab. :)

Yes, you can walk. I wouldn't, even though I'm a hiker too. Then again, if you start really early, you'll get there way before the incoming cars/taxis. Just walk with the incoming traffic; it's one way.

Arlene

My DH can't walk very fast or very far - do you know how far it is from Embassy Suites (17th St.) to Publix, & also to the Marriott Marina? Or is there a closer dock for the water taxi? Thanks!

The Publix is across the street and down a block from the Embassy Suites. I would say that the Marriott Mariana and Publix are several blocks (maybe 4) from the Publix - it is on the same side of the road. Embassy Suites and Marriott are probably 6 blocks from each other. It doesn't seem like a long walk unless you are carrying a 6 pack of water and a 6 pack of soda and then it seems long a long walk.

If you are staying at the Embassy Suites - the closest place to get on the Water Taxi is the Marriott.

Thanks Arlene. I just realized I said the Publix and Marriott are several blocks from the Publix. I meant to say the Publix is several blocks from the Marriott.

Oh well - too late to edit.

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites probably 10x. I have walked the walk frequently.

Archived