RCCL/Celebrity Benefits

Aquahound

I am an RCCL Diamond member who is considering the Millennium for a Hawaii cruise next year.

1. If I book the Millennium on my upcoming RCCL cruise do I get on-board-credit?

2. Does my RCCL Diamond discount apply to balcony/suite rooms on Celebrity?

Sorry, I know these are asked all the time. But I am using a dial-up right now and the search is very slow for me.

Also, my second choice is the Carnival Spirit for $300 pp less (not considering any discounts I might receive on Celebrity). Any thoughts?

I am an RCCL Diamond member who is considering the Millennium for a Hawaii cruise next year.

1. If I book the Millennium on my upcoming RCCL cruise do I get on-board-credit? Yes,

2. Does my RCCL Diamond discount apply to balcony/suite rooms on Celebrity? No.

Sorry, I know these are asked all the time. But I am using a dial-up right now and the search is very slow for me.

Also, my second choice is the Carnival Spirit for $300 pp less (not considering any discounts I might receive on Celebrity). Any thoughts?How does the itinerary compare?

Hope this helps

Celebrity does not discount balconies in their loyalty program. There is also no concierge lounge. You'll find the perks are much better on RCL; but don't keep you from sailing on Celebrity! We sailed on the Millie in March and had a great cruise. :D

Hope this helps

Yes, it does. Thank you.

The itineraries while in Hawaii are almost the same. Only, Millennium starts in Vancouver and ends in Hawaii.....12 nights. Spirit starts in Hawaii and ends in Ensenada....11 nights

One more question.....on a 12 nighter, is the OBC $200?

Celebrity does not discount balconies in their loyalty program. There is also no concierge lounge. You'll find the perks are much better on RCL; but don't keep you from sailing on Celebrity! We sailed on the Millie in March and had a great cruise. :D

I've always wanted to try Celebrity and this is the first time I'm considering Carnival. I'm just trying to justify the price difference. The Millie is my preference.

I've always wanted to try Celebrity and this is the first time I'm considering Carnival. I'm just trying to justify the price difference. The Millie is my preference.

We loved the Millie and the Celebrity treatment. It really is different than RCL. The thing you'll miss the most is the call to Bingo every ten minutes!!! There is none of that on Celebrity; just the one announcement at noon!

I wish Celebrity would do the Hawaii Circle Cruise when I can cruise. As a school librarian I can only go when school is out and that is not when they go to Hawaii. :(

One more question.....on a 12 nighter, is the OBC $200?.

Celebrity's onboard credit is cruise fare based - not number of day based. I'm not sure if it is the same if you book Celebrity on Royal Caribbean or if you get the Royal Caribbean number of days amount.

On Board Credit Amount-------------For Cruisefare from

$50 per stateroom---------------------$1 to $2499

$100 per stateroom--------------------$2500 to $3999

$150 per stateroom--------------------$4000 to $5999

$200 per stateroom--------------------$6000 to $7499

$300 per stateroom--------------------$7500+

Cruisefare which determines On Board Credit amount does not include taxes & fees or any additional options. On Board Credits are valid only for your own new individual reservations made onboard.

On Board Credit Amount-------------For Cruisefare from

$50 per stateroom---------------------$1 to $2499

$100 per stateroom--------------------$2500 to $3999

$150 per stateroom--------------------$4000 to $5999

$200 per stateroom--------------------$6000 to $7499

$300 per stateroom--------------------$7500+

Ok, so Celebrity's is not nearly as good as RC's OBC and benefits package.:(

Folks, thank you for the help. It looks like I am going to try the Carnival Spirit. Other than it looks like the interior designer was on LSD, it looks like a decent cruise. I don't think there will be much of a rowdy crowd on an 11 nighter. Perhaps I will hold out for the Solstice or Equinox for my first Celebrity cruise.

Doesn't Royal Caribbean do the Hawaii Circle Cruise?

I'd spend the extra money and on sail on Celebrity for a 15 day cruise. That's a lot of time if you don't like the other ship!:eek:

Doesn't Royal Caribbean do the Hawaii Circle Cruise?

I'd spend the extra money and on sail on Celebrity for a 15 day cruise. That's a lot of time if you don't like the other ship!:eek:

I agree with you on the ship issue.

Unfortunately, time is also one of my issues. Even 11 nights is longer than I should be taking off work. 15 is out of the question, which is why RC is not one of my considerations.

The Spirit starts in Honolulu with an over night port stay before getting underway. So, I could fly in the day of the cruise with no worries.

I also looked at NCL's 7 nighters. But they have the market cornered out there and are charging way too much for only 7 nights. Besides, I got away from NCL a long time ago and don't really want to go back.

Archived