Princess CP verses RC Mariner of the Seas??

P.A.

We just returned from the Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean on Oct 9th. Had a wonderful time and everything was really good. Food was great! Was ready to go back.

Then we visited with our friends last night, who returned from the Eastern Caribbean aboard Royal Caribbeans, Mariner of the Seas. We exchanged pictures and talked about our cruises and all. They just had a wonderful time too and went on and on about how good it was, ship, food, service, room, etc.

After seeing their pictures, I must say the Mariner is much nicer than the Caribbean Princess. A lot more elegant, with 3 story high dining rooms and chandeliers. One thing else I thought was neat about the Mariner was that they had a Johnny Rockets on board, a 24 hr Coffee/Pastry Cafe with speciality coffee's & sandwiches, soft serve ice cream, all this at no charge. Now there coke card was $48 as the CP was only $20. The Mariners Promenade deck was really nice too.

Their room (outside with oceanview), looked a tad bit bigger than our balcony room. Because they had a sofa in their room, ours just had a chair. They may have had more closet/draw space too.

So....next time we might try RC. I just compared price and it looks very comparable in cost. Princess ins is $89 pp, RC is $59 pp. Not sure how the coverage compares though.

I'm thinking you might get a little more for your money on RC. Anyone been on both of these ships that can compare??

Will be on CP in less than a week and will be able to offer an opinion then. Sailed Mariner of the Seas this past May and have also sailed Navigator and loved the Voyager class ships of RCI.

Looking forward to this Princess ship and something different and am sure I will have a good time as well. Will let you know.

Emmy :)

Sailed Mariner in April. My kids liked it better, lots of activities, including JR, ice rink, etc. However, my husband didn't like that the buffet was not open 24 hr and the salt water pools. I think they are both wonderful; and if you need to "try out and compare" the Mariner, hey, what a great excuse to take another cruise:D

Thanks guys for all your comments on both ships! We might just have to try out the Mariner next time.

I'm disappointed that they are now charging for Johnny Rockets now, thank for that info, but if it's just $3.95 for the burger, fries & a drink, that's not too bad.

EMMY....when you get back, please email me at pswamom@aol.com, and let me know what your thoughts are comparing both ships. Have fun!

I've been on both Princess and Explorer of the Seas and I have to admit that if I wanted to go to Johnny Rockets, I can go to the nearest mall. Somehow, paying $$$ for a cruise because they have Johnny Rockets is like flying to FLL to go to McDonalds. That certainly wouldn't be a reason to cruise for me but that's also why there are so many cruise options.

We are die hard Princess fans but we would love to try the Voyager class some time. Still holding out until they implement something like PC though. No PC then we don't sail! See how Princess has ruined us for other cruise lines? :) :) :)

Did you try Caribbean night in the dining room? If so how was it for you? This is a new menu for us and we can't wait to try it.

Scott

SPROCTER: Try the Voyager class of ships! You won't be disappointed in the least! They are quite beautiful and well laid out!!! I'm yet to sail on a Radiance class ship but I have heard they are even prettier! We're trying Princess out for the first time just for a change in a few weeks. I've never experienced any-time dining. It might just be up my alley! Enjoy! :)

Thanks Birman. We were almost convinced this year but the week we wanted was $400 more on any of the Voyager classes then the Caribbean Princess for an inside quad and then there's the PC dining thing. :) Now looking forward to sailing the Caribbean Princess in less then 3 weeks!!! Can't wait!

Scott

Archived