Is anyone else using the Wii Fit?

I recently bought a Wii and the Wii Fit program. I LOVE it! It is the most fun I have ever had exercising in my life, and I have noticed some change in the way my clothes fit just from doing it. I have had gym memberships in the past and absolutely loathed exercising, but when I start doing the Wii Fit, I can't seem to stop. It is so much fun. If you get a chance to check it out, I highly recommend it!

Let's see, I am using the hula hoop, boxing, advanced step, and I do some of the balance games such as the ski jump and occasionally the one person run. I haven't really gotten into the yoga and strength moves as of yet. I really love it! The boxing is my favorite.

Let's see, I am using the hula hoop, boxing, advanced step, and I do some of the balance games such as the ski jump and occasionally the one person run. I haven't really gotten into the yoga and strength moves as of yet. I really love it! The boxing is my favorite.

Those sound like fun!

My sister bought the Wii for my 4 year old nephew (as if he knows what to do with it) so I'm going to buy the Wii fit and use it. I'll be spending a lot of days there. :p

Erica

Have fun, Erica!

I can attest that I would rather get a root canal without painkillers than exercise. I HATE exercise! But.....I did get the Wii Fit and I can't seem to get off the thing!!!

The games are so much fun that you forget that you are working muscles that have laid dormant for so long. Between the strength moves, yoga, hula hooping and balancing games I can hardly move my legs today. :eek: The whole family is getting into it and competing with my kids on who can do the ski jump the longest is soooo much fun! I never thought I would enjoy moving around this much.

It took me a while to find the thing, but with luck and persistence, you can get one. I walked into a Best Buy during the week (ask when they get their shipments) and found one.

I'd love to try the Wii Fit, but it annoys me that you have to search and search to find one! We tried for 6 months to get a Wii and eventually ended up buying a used, refurbished one. Not my first choice. Now we are at it again for the Wii Fit...why don't they just make enough? :confused:

I'd love to try the Wii Fit, but it annoys me that you have to search and search to find one! We tried for 6 months to get a Wii and eventually ended up buying a used, refurbished one. Not my first choice. Now we are at it again for the Wii Fit...why don't they just make enough? :confused:

I feel exactly the same. My son, who was 3 at the time, wanted a Wii for Christmas. (My brother has one and lets him play it when we go to visit.) I looked for months and couldn't find one. I finally had to spend a fortune for one on ebay. I think that's part of the problem. There's a little bit of a shortage, and some people buy up as many as they can find to sell them for a hefty profit on ebay.

My brother also has a Wii Fit. I used it once and loved it, but I can't find any in stores. It's so frustrating!

I have the wii fit, and use it every night! There is a step program that you unlock, but you can step for 30 minutes and watch regular TV while you do it. So I do that everyday, plus some hula hooping, strength, and skiing. I have had it for several months now, and I still think it's as fun as the day I got it!

We found our wii at WalMart after about 1 week of searching. I called stores everyday with no luck, but they said a shipment should be coming in soon. A few days later I went to walmart, and didn't see one. I asked the guy and he said there are 3 in the back! They don't put them out, so you have to ask to see if they have them. Keep looking, it really wasn't too hard to find one. Good luck!!

And not only the wii fit, but tennis and other games are great workouts too!

Woo-Hoo!! I found a Wii Fit!! :D

I called several different stores last week, and Best Buy was the only one that would tell me when they'd be getting in another shipment. When I called today, they even told me what time they were expecting the shipment!

I can't wait to try it out! I got an elliptical machine for my birthday, but it'll be nice to have some variety. Now I just have to figure out how to set it up. :rolleyes:

I love it! I'm not sure it'll actually help me get in shape much though. I was supposed to spend an hour today on my elliptical machine. But I couldn't tear myself away from the Wii Fit, so I ended up doing 50 minutes of Wii Fit and only 12 minutes on the elliptical.

If the alternative is sitting on the couch, Wii Fit will definitely help you lose weight, but if the alternative is a long cardio workout, then I think it's doing more harm than good! But it sure is fun! (And since DH's alternative really is sitting on the couch, I'm hoping it'll help him drop some weight too!)

LOL glad you are enjoying it. Do the boxing one - that will give your arms some good definition. I have definitely seen a change in mine since I started it. Did it encourage you to take a break after 50 minutes? I don't know how long I was on mine the first time but it actually told me it was time to stop!!

We just got a Wii a few days ago and I am so addicted to it. I would like to try Wii Fit but right now I'm still having a blast playing the Wii Sports games that came with it!! I LOVE the tennis.....DH has almost banned me form playing tennis because I get too into it - LOL. It is much more of a work out that you realize.

Can't wait to try the Fit someday!

www.wiitracker.com If you're having trouble finding a Wii, check out this website :) That's where I found mine. I have heard that stores like Circuit City/Best Buy won't tell you if they have them in stock or not...they just tell you "No" on the phone. After about a week of calling around and searching for one, I gave up and went to the wiitracker.com website and found one there in a bundle package and just had to order it. The very next day I went to Walmart and there it was in the game department. Go figure. But, I'm totally stoked, nonetheless. I've had my Wii for a little over a week and both me and my husband just love it. We are sure to do woud Wii fitness age each day and see who can beat each other. I LOVE the boxing too! After I get tired of the Wii Sports, I'm definitely gonna invest in a Wii Fit. So glad to hear how many good reviews!

If anyone is using it in a daily regiment, I'd love to hear your progress on losing weight. I understand its not like getting on the ellipical, but I do think that your chances of playing a Wii for 60 minutes or so outweighs doing the ellipical for 20 minutes...so my vote is for the Wii! I'd love to hear how much weight you've lost, how long it took you, and how many minutes a day you'd play. Wii RULES!!

My wife and I are both addicted to WII Fit! We have to fight to use it! I travel alot and am gone for up to 8 days at a time. The last time I was gone, my wife said that when she went to the Fit Plaza, my character was actually snoozing..how funny is that.

The best thing is we are losing weight!!! I am down 12 pounds in 6 weeks and my wife is down 7. We are eating healthier too, but we love the motivation that it provides. I don't want to climb on and have my weight go up and have to "explain" why I went up. You have to answer why you think you gained weight. I like it much better when it tells me I am reaching my goal at a nice pace.

I run, love the penguin balance game, box, hula hoop--just set the record my wife has to beat again! I alos love the challenge of the ski jump although I can't seem to put two jumps together well. The tight rope is a challenge as well. Just started the strenght training exercises and some of them are really hard.

• 1 month later...

I got the Wii fit for my daughter approx 2 weeks ago, I think I am using it more than she is. I use it every day. I love doing the super hula hoop and have gotten up to doing it for 10 minutes at a time. Boy do you get tired doing that, I do the advanced step, also the stepping for 30 minutes, some of the jogging, strength, and yoga. So far in the 15 days I have been using it have not lost any weight yet, I use it for approx 45 min-1hr each day.

I do not get as tired as when I first started and but would like to start losing some weight. I want to lose at least 10-15lbs before our cruise in Dec.

Hopefully I can accomplish this. I also like playing tennis on the wii sports games, nobody likes to play with me because I play like I would on an actual tennis court, I am all over the living room trying to hit the ball:).

I got the Wii fit for my daughter approx 2 weeks ago, I think I am using it more than she is. I use it every day. I love doing the super hula hoop and have gotten up to doing it for 10 minutes at a time. Boy do you get tired doing that, I do the advanced step, also the stepping for 30 minutes, some of the jogging, strength, and yoga. So far in the 15 days I have been using it have not lost any weight yet, I use it for approx 45 min-1hr each day.

I do not get as tired as when I first started and but would like to start losing some weight. I want to lose at least 10-15lbs before our cruise in Dec.

Hopefully I can accomplish this. I also like playing tennis on the wii sports games, nobody likes to play with me because I play like I would on an actual tennis court, I am all over the living room trying to hit the ball:).

If you love Wii Fit and want to lose weight, you should come on over to Sparkpeople.com. It's a diet & fitness website that's terrific on it's own, but there are also a couple of Wii SparkTeams. If you join SparkPeople (completely free) you should also join the "Wii Exercise" and "Wii Top Scores!" SparkTeams to participate in fun challenges and add your scores to our top 20 list.

Hi Perky,

Actually, I signed onto Sparkpeople.com a couple of days ago after reading about it on another thread on CC. I am still learning my way around the SP

boards. Just not enough time in the day to stay up to date on CC, SP, and exercising on the wii fit along with keeping up with things around the house. I found the Wii top scores this morning after reading your post and have read some of the post, I will most likely join the group sometime this weekend when I have time. Great to hear from you.

Suzie:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting a wii fit for ages now! My husband and I have decided to treat ourselves to one for our 2nd wedding anniversary! Not very romantic I know, but it's something we'll both have a lot of fun using :D Looking forward to hula hooping with you all LOL :D:D

We got our Wii fit! It's SO much fun :) My arm is killing me it's so sore from playing tennis, baseball and boxing with the Wii sports package! :p Fingers crossed it inspires me to get outside and do some 'real' exercise too :D 89 days til my cruise and I HAVE to lose some of that extra flab!!

Archived