Is anyone else using the Wii Fit?

This is a great thread, and very timely for me. My 13 year old DS has been attending physical therapy for the last 6 weeks - he seems to have some small deformity in his back that looks like scoliosis when he bends over, but there is no measurable curve on x-ray. It seems that this issue stems from his hamstrings being extremely tight - apparently this is quite common, according to the PT. Anyway, he had his last visit today and has gotten much better thru his exercises, but of course getting a 13 year old boy to take time to do his PT is, well, not pleasant. SO, the DH and I are going to buy a Wii Fit because the yoga and strength exercises are just what he needs in order to improve, and I think this will be easier than trying to sit on him to do the other exercises. The PT totally agrees that long term this is probably the best. (Of course, I'll get to use it, too!)

On another note, ya'll be careful out there - the PT said they are seeing lots of people who have pulled something, or sprained something, or twisted something while using the Wii sports and fit games! :eek:

The yoga is really good. I enjoy it.

Its true about the amount of people over doing it on the WII and going to the doc/pt. lol

I heard the tennis will get ya everytime.:eek: I guess any sport will do it to you.:p

I was sore after playing the carnival arcade, and thats just a game!! lol

Guess shooting all those yellow ducks. hahahaha

It really is a fantastic way to stay in shape.

I was on hold with webroot spyware....waiting time was 1 1/2 hours so I put the phone on speaker and did a few chores and then got on the WII and did some balance while I waited.

I just got a Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas and just love it. It was hilarious to watch other people try to hit the soccer ball with there head instead of trying to switch you balance so your Mii would lean over to hit the ball:D. The thing is, it did it myself when I first tried it out

Gee, thanks for letting me know the secret of that game, no wonder I don't do well:o

I also have a hard time playing tennis, I want to run all over the place to hit the ball, I actually hit my son twice (not hard):p I hope laughing burns lots of calores. LOL.

Gee, thanks for letting me know the secret of that game, no wonder I don't do well:o

I also have a hard time playing tennis, I want to run all over the place to hit the ball, I actually hit my son twice (not hard):p I hope laughing burns lots of calores. LOL.

I always have to watch for my dog, I've hit her a few times while bowling. She is just so curious....

• 2 months later...

Hello all Wii Fit addicts; I am now one of you.

I hate exercising, too; and think a root canal is not as bad! Walking is about all that I have done previously :( But now I find myself looking forward to the time I can turn it on and play more games.

I was diagnosed with diabetes in January, and was told to exercise 30 minutes a day, at least 5 times a week. My thoughts: OK, this should be fun (NOT). My dear sister has a Wii Fit, and told me to get one and we could exercise at the same time every day together (she is about 1500 miles away). Bless her!

I read about how hard it was to find the Wii, and did not get serious about looking for one for a couple weeks. Then I went into Costco, and they had them there. I thought about it, and got one the next time I went in. Then I asked them when they would get more Wii Fitts in stock, and was told they did not have any plans to get them again. But I went in to get a prescription one Saturday, and they had a pallet of them up by the checkouts, and I picked one up!

The new TV we got for the kitchen had more inputs than the cord with the WII, so that stalled me again. I called Nintendo, and they said I needed to go find a new cord, and by the way, be sure to get one with the Nintendo "seal of approval" on the packaging. Well, I went ahead and got one with the 5 inputs like I needed, without the seal of approval, and it works just fine. So I was all set to go, finally!

It has been 10 days, and I have enjoyed it all! I love reading the stories ya'll have shared about your experiences! I, too have the hardest time with the balance games. It took me about 20 times to get Mii in the bubble down the river without drowning! But I kept up until I did it!

I am not yet coordinated enough to get through the boxing; OMG, feet and hands together!

My dogs also did not know what to think about what I was doing. One finally came over to the Wii Fit board and stood there in front of it, head dropped, watching to see what it was. LOL, it was so cute!

Look forward to hearing more from all of you.

I love the WiiFit too! It really makes exercising fun. I am a competitive person so I am constantly trying to beat my own high scores! I had never done Yoga before & I really enjoy it. I don't spend a lot of time on the balance games because I feel there are less beneficial to getting fit than the yoga, strength & aerobics. My favorite activity is the Advanced Step! I have done it so many times that I think I have the routine memorized. I'm hoping there is a WiiFit 2 released in the near future with more step routines & better music.

I'm sad to say that I haven't really lost any weight by using the WiiFit, but I don't really have a lot to lose, maybe just 10 pounds. And I will admit I don't always eat the healthiest, so that doesn't help.

I just bought the Biggest Loser's Weight Loss Yoga DVD (not for use with the Wii, just a regular DVD) & I will be trying it tomorrow. I've heard it is a serious, sweat-producing workout!

I LOVE my Wii Fit! Even my DD (age 3) wants in on the action...and she's actually pretty good at what she calls "the soccer ball game."

The only thing that irks me is the ATTITUDE they programmed into the Wii Fit! Seriously, everytime I step on the board it groans "Oh!" It made my Mii pudgy. It told me that I'm probably not paying enough attention to my hubby and daughter if I haven't noticed there posture improving in the last 24-hour timeframe. It even asks if I often trip over my own feet when I walk.

My friend actually stopped using it for a month due to her hectic schedule. When she got back on, it asked her what she'd been doing all that time - eating cookies? LOL!

If I don't go on it for a while it will call me by the other Mii's name.....Alice, which is my mom who was on it only once when I first got it many months ago. lol It does have an attitude, thats for sure.

I have the Fitness coach and when posed with the question "how are you feeling" I had to pick one of three answers so I chose 'your lucky I'm here' and she got downright nasty and said " I'M LUCKY YOUR HERE??!!! YOUR LUCKY I'M HERE"!!!!! LOL I almost fell on the floor.

She scared me.:mad: But I love it!!!:)

Tried it again so dh could here it and she didn't say it.

I believe she can see me. :eek:

If I don't go on it for a while it will call me by the other Mii's name.....Alice, which is my mom who was on it only once when I first got it many months ago. lol It does have an attitude, thats for sure.

I have the Fitness coach and when posed with the question "how are you feeling" I had to pick one of three answers so I chose 'your lucky I'm here' and she got downright nasty and said " I'M LUCKY YOUR HERE??!!! YOUR LUCKY I'M HERE"!!!!! LOL I almost fell on the floor.

She scared me.:mad: But I love it!!!:)

Tried it again so dh could here it and she didn't say it.

I believe she can see me. :eek:

Too funny! I have the female coach too, but haven't been asked how I'm feeling yet. Now I know not to choose the "lucky I'm here" answer. LOL!

My hubby hasn't been on it in some time, and whenever I go to the Wii Fit Plaza, his Mii is asleep and snoring! Some programmer must have had a really fun time designing this thing! It's hillarious!

Too funny! I have the female coach too, but haven't been asked how I'm feeling yet. Now I know not to choose the "lucky I'm here" answer. LOL!

My hubby hasn't been on it in some time, and whenever I go to the Wii Fit Plaza, his Mii is asleep and snoring! Some programmer must have had a really fun time designing this thing! It's hillarious!

I'm referring to MY FITNESS COACH, not the regular WII fitness.

I love this one. Her name if Maya. I got it for free/$2,000+. lol

Let me explain......I used my Citibank rewards. lol

008888174998.jpg&size=4&dhm=fa22021f&hl=en&mode=1

I got the Wii Dance Dance Revolution and it is much harder that the XBox ones that I have. I was disappointed with it. It will take much more time to learn. The step aerobics on the Wii Fit are really easy. I am hoping that there will be more difficult ones to unlock.

my son likes to play when he comes over but he CHEATS! He can sit on the couch, flick his wrist to bowl and play tennis!

I got the Wii Dance Dance Revolution and it is much harder that the XBox ones that I have. I was disappointed with it. It will take much more time to learn. The step aerobics on the Wii Fit are really easy. I am hoping that there will be more difficult ones to unlock.

my son likes to play when he comes over but he CHEATS! He can sit on the couch' date=' flick his wrist to bowl and play tennis![/quote']

I forgot I have thw Dance Dance Revolution. We had my sister show me it on X-mas but when I tried it I got 'upset' so I've never looked at it again.

I have the dance mat , too. It gets better as you go. Just keep doing the beginner level until you get A. No matter what your still burning those calories. Did you try the workout mode on it. It's great and even though i mess up the steps it still shows me how many calories I've burned. I thank my husband everyday for the best b-day gift he's ever gotten me....the wii and wii fit. Love it, lost 10 pounds so far in 38 days. Good Luck!

I have the dance mat , too. It gets better as you go. Just keep doing the beginner level until you get A. No matter what your still burning those calories. Did you try the workout mode on it. It's great and even though i mess up the steps it still shows me how many calories I've burned. I thank my husband everyday for the best b-day gift he's ever gotten me....the wii and wii fit. Love it, lost 10 pounds so far in 38 days. Good Luck!

I still don't know how to plug that one in!! Sister plugged it in on X-mas day to show us how to play but when I went to play a month ago I really have no idea where the darn thing plugs into! lol

I really enjoy the MY FITNESS COACH.

I'm so glad I found this thread. I got the Wii last year in June for my birthday and DH got me the Wii Fit for Xmas along with the Dance Dance Revolution (which I still suck at it). I also bought the My Fitness Coach, which I really didn't care for. Maybe I got to try it again and give it another chance. I love the hula hooping and Boxing with the fit though. I'm up and down in weight but I just started my healthy eating binge. All the junkfood is officially out of the house. (when my parents come visit, they always buy junk food and there is always leftovers after they leave.).

I'm motivated!!!

I love my Fit! Since Christmas I have lost 36 lbs. down from obese to overweight. I drink beer and I smoke. The only thing I changed was I cut out fast food ( deal I made with DW, cut out fast food to pay for it) and I do it 30 minutes to an hour a day. You just have to stay motivated. Also, it beats the "glances' from the buffed out 20 somethings in the gym. Yes it can be surly at times, but hey, if it motivates you thats the point. My best on free step for 30 minutes is 5837, took a pic of the screen so I could remind myself to keep motivated.

Just found this message board and can't wait to read all of the messages. Looks like some great weight loss if I use the Wii Fit. We got ours for Christmas. I like the boxing, hula hooping, and I like the tennis on the sports package. My daughter and her two toddlers are living with us now, and I find it hard to use the Wii with them around, but this message board should get me motivated again.

Pat

Just found this message board and can't wait to read all of the messages. Looks like some great weight loss if I use the Wii Fit. We got ours for Christmas. I like the boxing, hula hooping, and I like the tennis on the sports package. My daughter and her two toddlers are living with us now, and I find it hard to use the Wii with them around, but this message board should get me motivated again.

Pat

I have a 14 month old and its difficult, but she likes to laugh at the tv screen. You know its a challenge when she crawls between your legs while hula hooping and sits on the board and watches the characters on tv. I had to be careful so I adjusted slightly so I wouldnt hurt her and I still finished with a top 10 record and that was the 10 minute hula hoop. It can be done.....

I just started a new job this week after being laid off for 5 months and I haven't used the wii fit all week. Now I better start it up again.

I jsut got the wii fit for my birthday!!!! I feel pretty good about it so far....of course my birthday was just a couple days ago and I have only gotten to use it once so far. But I had to try a little of everything so I spent an hour on it..... I know that is not a whole lot, but for one day and someone who is usually too tired to get off the couch by the time I get some free time, that is some awesome stuff!!!

I have read everyone's stories about doing so well, and I have had fun so far and sore the next day, so lets keep it up, I need this motivation to make the time for me!!!:D

Archived