Is anyone else using the Wii Fit?

Congrats on your weight loss so far! I am absolutely TERRIBLE at that penguin game, but it is hilarious. I got a new Wii exercise program this weekend called Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009. I haven't done it yet but it looks pretty intense. I will report on it when I get a chance to do it.

Can't wait to hear what you think about it! I want to start looking for it as well. That way I can alternate it with the Wii fit games that came with the balance board.

I saw yesterday in a toy store ad, that they sell a Jillian Micheals (the trainer from The Biggest Loser) workout game for the Wii fit balance board. Has anyone tried this?

I love the Wii fit!! ;)

I've added this game to my Christmas list.

I'm now addicted to boxing and yoga. I'm still doing the hula hoops, as well.

I suck terribly at the balance games. It is a total embarrassment! LOL

Yesterday, I went to the gym and lifted weights for 50 mins. When I got home, I did the Wii Fit for 1.25 hours. Boy, was I tired!

The Jillian Micheals workout is on my christmas list as well!! Hope that it's good. The only prob is that my hubby is extremely busy during Christmas, so if he has to go around hunting for it, I'm better off getting it on my own. Lol.

I'm terrible at the balance games too! I blame it on my height. At least that's my excuse. ;)

I bought a Wii fit just after they came out. I love it so much I was actually losing a good amt of weight. I have put it off for the last few months because of moving, and having three boys in football. I just have no time for anything. I need to quit making excuses and get back into it.

My routine was 4 yoga poses, then stair step for 1/2 hour, then 3-4 games, then 4 yoga poses.

At that same time I also started eating a salad everyday for lunch. I buy an organic spring mix lettuce, add a protein, colorful veggies, cranberries, nuts, and a rasp vinegar for dressing. One big salad a day really helps with weight loss.

This thread gives me insperation to start again. I would love to lose a bunch of weight before my cruise next Sept.

I decided that I HAD to have a Wii and Wii Fit. Never even heard of it before I started reading entries here. When I read that it made exercise fun, I knew I had to have it, and whoever said it (I think many of you did) was right. Two nights ago, my husband had to "get mean" with me and tell me that it was past my bedtime and I needed to go to bed!!! I was exercising for over an hour!

I have recently lost in the neighborhood of 50 pounds and, up until now, my only exercise was walking. While that definitely worked, it gets old quick and I have to make myself walk. All I have to do now is find time (unfortunately, usually close to bedtime) to exercise on the Wii and I can't make myself quit.

I favor the aerobics and balance programs. I know the aerobics is definitely helping burn calories and (hopefully) lose weight. However, I can't really see how the balance exercises will help. Do you think they do? Yoga and strength training are definitely not my strong suits, but then again, hula hooping wasn't a strong suit either, but last night I did the 6 minute Super Hooping, so I guess, with practice, I can do anything. If I can lose 50 pounds, I can do anything! Unfortunately, I have 30 more pounds to go.:(

Thanks for starting this board. It has been a true inspiration to me, and I'm so happy that I can exercise and have fun doing it.

So, has anyone tried the Jillian Michaels game yet? Dying to hear some reports..Love the Wii but restricted at the moment from the surgery. I too love the step programs, wish though it would have some more advanced step programs..Uh i to looked silly as a penguin..it really does make working out fun..even the jogging program...plus gave me an interest in yoga I thought i would never have

So, has anyone tried the Jillian Michaels game yet? Dying to hear some reports..Love the Wii but restricted at the moment from the surgery. I too love the step programs, wish though it would have some more advanced step programs..Uh i to looked silly as a penguin..it really does make working out fun..even the jogging program...plus gave me an interest in yoga I thought i would never have

Jillian's game is on my Christmas list. I'm restricted on the Wii Fit boxing...I strained my rotary cuff. :rolleyes: I also wish they had a more advanced step game. I love the yoga and never thought in a million years that I would. Still lovin' the Wii Fit!

Jillian's game is on my Christmas list. I'm restricted on the Wii Fit boxing...I strained my rotary cuff. :rolleyes: I also wish they had a more advanced step game. I love the yoga and never thought in a million years that I would. Still lovin' the Wii Fit!

lol..i just had shoulder surgery so restricted myself!!! I can watch though...lol

I'm a new user to the Cruise Critic message boards but am reading everything like mad. Due to everyone's enthusiasm about the Wii Fit system, we went out and bought the console today but had to order the separate Fit component from Circuit City online. They reserved it a store just a couple of miles from me and I'll pick that part up tomorrow. I look forward to working on getting healthier along with all of you.

I'm a new user to the Cruise Critic message boards but am reading everything like mad. Due to everyone's enthusiasm about the Wii Fit system, we went out and bought the console today but had to order the separate Fit component from Circuit City online. They reserved it at one of their stores just a couple of miles from me and I'll pick that part up tomorrow. I look forward to working on getting healthier along with all of you.

lol..i just had shoulder surgery so restricted myself!!! I can watch though...lol

You poor thing! Mine isn't bad at all. It is feeling so much better today. I hope your's heals up soon so you can get back to the fun.

I'm a new user to the Cruise Critic message boards but am reading everything like mad. Due to everyone's enthusiasm about the Wii Fit system, we went out and bought the console today but had to order the separate Fit component from Circuit City online. They reserved it at one of their stores just a couple of miles from me and I'll pick that part up tomorrow. I look forward to working on getting healthier along with all of you.

Welcome! :D

Welcome. I hope you like your Fit as much as I do. I was "downsized" two weeks ago after 21 years at a local bank. I can honestly say I felt like I has been punched in the stomach. However, the good thing that has come out of this so far is that I have been able to workout in the morning and I have tried to do it as least every other day. I think is has helped my stress.....especially the boxing game!!! LOL It is also helping me lose weight. The Fit along with Weight Watchers has helped me loose 18 lbs so far.

Let us know what you think of it when you have a chance to workout!

Welcome. I hope you like your Fit as much as I do. I was "downsized" two weeks ago after 21 years at a local bank. I can honestly say I felt like I has been punched in the stomach. However, the good thing that has come out of this so far is that I have been able to workout in the morning and I have tried to do it as least every other day. I think is has helped my stress.....especially the boxing game!!! LOL It is also helping me lose weight. The Fit along with Weight Watchers has helped me loose 18 lbs so far.

Let us know what you think of it when you have a chance to workout!

I'm also sorry to hear about your job. However, CONGRATULATIONS for losing 18 lbs! :D

JerryTammy: I'm so sorry about your downsizing. Having experienced the same thing a few years ago, I know exactly what you mean about feeling as though you'd been punched in the stomach.

I picked up the Wii Fit package at Circuit City yesterday and we installed everything last night and gave it a run-through to see how it all operates. We're very impressed (my husband with the games and me with the fitness tools). This morning I'm starting my first workout program using this system. I'm coordinating my new Wii Fit with a reasonable healthy diet, a yoga class on Saturdays, Tai Chi, walking, treadmill, and lots of enthusiasm.

Your gonna love Wii Fit! It's actually exercise that I look forward to doing each day. I love seeing all my little days checked off on the calendar too! I've lost 3 pounds in 2 weeks, but I am sooo much firmer than before and I am definitely feeling better in my clothes. So it's definitely doing something!! :D

I got the Wii Fitness for my 59th Birthday in June. Yes, it has taken me this long to finally get on it. Shame on me! BUT, We hooked it this evening and I started using it. Looks like a fun way to exercise. I just LOVE to exercise....NOT. I am figuring this is a great way to get back to the old me who did exercise. I am cruising on April 4, 2009 on the Celebrity Summit with 2 other couples and I plan to be toned and thinner. I am following a healthy eating plan (The Fat Resistance Diet-Dr Oz's friend Dr Leo Galland), using the Wii Fit and walking as often as I can. I have bad knees...one from a sprain a few years ago and one from a slight tear in the meniscus, so I have to be careful.

I tried it tonite and I just loved it. I think it is going to be a great way to tone and firm up the muscles. At least I hope so. Only 21 lbs more to go to my healthy weight! WooHoo! Let's all help each other to look and feel better.

D-

Anyone tryed the Jillian Michael's Wii Workout? I odered it on EBay but won't have it for another week!!!

Thanks for the heads up. I never heard of this one.

I looked it up on jillianmichaels.shop.sportstoday.com and see its $40.

I'm pretty happy with the WII FITNESS the way it is, (125 days now),

but now knowing there is something else to help me work out is a plus.

I'm looking for the WII Dancing with the stars....figure that should be a great workout.;)

I've been sick for the past week so I miss my WII. :(

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Wii Fit and LOVE it! I love setting the goals and trying to reach them! It is really helping me loose before I cruise!

Has anyone tried the new game My Fitness Coach? I see it does not use the Wii Board.... I want to know how it is before I go buy it. Not too expensive. $30 I think. It is supposed to have a kickboxing feature on it, which sounds awesome to me....

All this wii talk is making me anxious for xmas to get here. We bought this for our kids, but it looks like we'll be using it as well.:p Have also got the wii fit to go along with it. I can't wait to get started.:)

I don't know much about this system. I did read that it will tell you your BMI, and also it keeps track of weight loss?? Or do you tell it what you have lost? Actually, I am more interested in knowing if 4 of us are using the wii fit, will it keep track of all 4 of us, and if so, can the others see what my weight is?:eek: I'm not ready to divulge that information. lol.

Archived