Amenities in bathrooms

cruizn2escape

HAL provides lovely Elemis products for all guest bathrooms. They provide shampoo, conditioner, face soap, bath soap, body lotion and bath gel. We really like the Elemis brand.

HAL provides lovely Elemis products for all guest bathrooms. They provide shampoo, conditioner, face soap, bath soap, body lotion and bath gel. We really like the Elemis brand.

This stuff is the best and I can promise you that JimH is stocking up now while he is cruising on the Eurodam!!

(Jim Don't forget about the storage space on the outside of you suitcases too):D :D :D

I took the bath products each day to take home and give to the Ronald McDonald house. I do that whenever we go to a hotel too. My DIL is a Nurse and they pack up a box of supplies twice a year to take for the residents to use. They are so appreciative. :)

I took the bath products each day to take home and give to the Ronald McDonald house. I do that whenever we go to a hotel too. My DIL is a Nurse and they pack up a box of supplies twice a year to take for the residents to use. They are so appreciative. :)

So what did you use for yourself in the bathroom? Did you bring your own onbaord? Wouldn't it be easier to just use what is provided on the ship and donate what you would have brought onboard? Less lugagge to carry. :)

So what did you use for yourself in the bathroom? Did you bring your own onbaord? Wouldn't it be easier to just use what is provided on the ship and donate what you would have brought onboard? Less lugagge to carry. :)

This is a cruise forum. Pragmatics and practicality are only relevant when we're talking about real life matters. I thought everyone understood that, when on a cruise, we entered into the surreal or fantasy worlds. My real life looks nothing like my cruise life. :D

This is a cruise forum. Pragmatics and practicality are only relevant when we're talking about real life matters. I thought everyone understood that, when on a cruise, we entered into the surreal or fantasy worlds. My real life looks nothing like my cruise life. :D

Yeah, my real life does not include an elevator that takes me to the Lido deck for breakfast. :eek:

What I use does not take up much room, I'm allergic to many products so I always take my own. :)

The shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath gel all come in 2 ounce size bottles.

The conditioner is very hard to get out of the bottle -- it is very thick.

We tried it a couple of times but DH broke out so now I carry our own products. We had no problems with the Royal Dutch products HAL used to have.

Didnt you feel guilty???:D :D

We got evil...ish looks when we requested additional toiletries....

I never requested them, they were always replaced each day. I did tell my Steward what I was doing and he said he understood. And no, I didn't feel guilty, they were going for a good cause. It's not like I was selling them. I've even had the cleaning ladies at a couple of hotels give me extras when they knew they were going to the Ronald McDonald house. This is my way of helping someone who is going through a tough time and believe me having a child with cancer is tough. Sorry if I got too serious here.

The shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath gel all come in 2 ounce size bottles.

The conditioner is very hard to get out of the bottle -- it is very thick.

We tried it a couple of times but DH broke out so now I carry our own products. We had no problems with the Royal Dutch products HAL used to have.

I really liked the Royal Dutch products too. I usually bring my own toiletries anyway as back up in case the conditioner doesn't work for me!

I never requested them, they were always replaced each day. I did tell my Steward what I was doing and he said he understood. And no, I didn't feel guilty, they were going for a good cause. It's not like I was selling them. I've even had the cleaning ladies at a couple of hotels give me extras when they knew they were going to the Ronald McDonald house. This is my way of helping someone who is going through a tough time and believe me having a child with cancer is tough. Sorry if I got too serious here.

I also pick up toiletries at hotels to donate to a local homeless charity. However, I cannot bring myself to part with the Elemis products I bring home from a cruise!!

No way did you get too serious. I use some of the products and those that I don't use come home with me, and I when I have a "stash" donate them to a local shelter for abused women and children.

Valerie:)

No way did you get too serious. I use some of the products and those that I don't use come home with me, and I when I have a "stash" donate them to a local shelter for abused women and children.

Valerie:)

There is always someone or some charity that needs the extras. I took care of children with cancer on our oncology floor so they are very special to me. There I go again, being serious but I thank all of you for caring about others.:)

I see no reason to feel guilty. I always think that once the steward (or other authorized person) has put any disposable item in our cabin for our use, it is ours to use as we wish. If we want to take it home, I see nothing wrong with it provided it has been placed in our cabin for our use.

What a great idea, I will be sailing on the Amsterdam in Aug, and I'm going to start collecting for my church missionary, we visit nursing homes. I will remember to do that each time I travel.:)

I am hearing such wonderful things about the ELEMIS products, I can't wait to try it. Last time we were on Holland we had the Royal Dutch stuff which to me was just ok. Just wondering if the Suites had bigger size bottles? I remember once on RCCL suite we had full size bottles.

we may have 4 in our cabin and don't know if the little ones will be enough.

There is an ethical issue that comes in to play: when does HAL become the donor unknowingly? HAL provides the products for the passenger's use and will gladly supply as much as the passenger needs. HAL does not provide it to supply one's charity of choice.

When the stewards give you extra products so you can donate it to a charity, is that right? One bar of soap or 20 bars of soap: which is OK?

I'm so glad to know about that. We get tons of samples here at the inn; plus, I have a "stash" from various hotels we've stayed at. And, there's a Ronald McDonald House in Boston...thanks for the head's up.

There is an ethical issue that comes in to play: when does HAL become the donor unknowingly? HAL provides the products for the passenger's use and will gladly supply as much as the passenger needs. HAL does not provide it to supply one's charity of choice.

When the stewards give you extra products so you can donate it to a charity, is that right? One bar of soap or 20 bars of soap: which is OK?

I think you are right. IF too many people start doing this then either they will go to cheaper items or raise their prices! If you want to donate then donate your own stuff. I donate tons on my own to salvation army to the the american vets. And for all my donations I can get credit on my taxes. What credit does Holland get?

To me there is no ethical issue here. The steward gave me no more than he would have given me each day. If the product is good enough for you to use why not others. HAL gives us these products to use as we wish. This is my choice to give my products given to me to someone else. I don't know why you have to make such a big issue of this. Do you not have any feelings for children with cancer? :( And their parents. Spend one hour with these children and see if you change your mind. I wasn't even going to reply to you but this made me see red. :mad: I hope you never have to go through what these parents do each and every day until there is no tomorrow. Enjoy your day.

Archived