Guests in Port onboard

stomsf

So here's a question -- if we were meeting some friends who reside in a Port stop for lunch or dinner, is there any way we would be able to get them a pass to visit the ship while in port? I recall once or twice it looked as if there was a line of visitors waiting to embark as the ship docked -- anybody ever arrange something of the sort?

It is highly unlikely in these days of heightened security measures that you can do what you suggest. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't make the request, but it does mean that you should be prepared for your request to be denied. Those people you have seen lined up to tour your cruise ship were likely local travel agents or VIPs that the line has invited to see the ship and the list of such guests is strictly limited and controlled. Nothing ventured, nothing gained but don't get your hopes up.:)

I can remember many years back when we were actually encouraged, when we sailed to Bermuda, to invite friends who were staying on the island not only to come onboard but actually have dinner while there. At the end of the meal, our friends went to the maitre'd to pay for their meals and were told that because they were "guests" of ours, they were also guests of the cruiseline and no payment aside from a possible tip for the servers, was required. Those were far more innocent and informal times that sadly are no more.:(

It is highly unlikely in these days of heightened security measures that you can do what you suggest. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't make the request, but it does mean that you should be prepared for your request to be denied. Those people you have seen lined up to tour your cruise ship were likely local travel agents or VIPs that the line has invited to see the ship and the list of such guests is strictly limited and controlled. Nothing ventured, nothing gained but don't get your hopes up.:)

I can remember many years back when we were actually encouraged, when we sailed to Bermuda, to invite friends who were staying on the island not only to come onboard but actually have dinner while there. At the end of the meal, our friends went to the maitre'd to pay for their meals and were told that because they were "guests" of ours, they were also guests of the cruiseline and no payment aside from a possible tip for the servers, was required. Those were far more innocent and informal times that sadly are no more.:(

A long... Long... Time ago...

In a port far far away..... Bermuda.

Pre - 9/11.

We did get my SIL & BIL onto the boat.

Other than that - you should get them TA credentials theough your TA to tour the boat.

I started cruising in 2003 and no guests were allowed.

And even then, you have to bring your ID everytime you

go into a port.

So, unless your friends are related to someone important

(other than ya'll;) )they won't be allowed on board the ship.

Before 9/11........

Archived