CCL Stock & OBC

For those who have been considering purchasing CCL stock, today it has hit a low point of $29.70 which is just a few cents shy of it's 52 week low. I got in on this stock earlier this week as a long term investment to replace some stocks in our portfolio that weren't moving. I emailed a copy of the trade confirmation over to Carnival and my $100 OBC showed up on my Valor sailing for the 20th. It was really easy and no questions asked.

So you get OBC for owning CCL stock?

How exactly does it all work?

Purchase 100 shares of CCL stock and you receive an OBC for each of your sailings. The amount of the OBC is outlined in the link the previous poster shared. I purchased the stock on Monday and contacted Carnival via the phone number shown on the link. The lady that took my call gave me an email address that I could use to send a copy of my trade conformation to. I had to include my booking information in the email. I sent it on Tuesday and the OBC was there on Friday for our July 20th Valor sailing. It was really simple. Of course purchasing stock should be based on your own research and what works for you and your investments. For us this is a long term investment with two cruises a year planned.

I purchased Carnival stock about 4 years ago. When it was around $51 a share. But no regrets. It has been a great investment. Dividends pay well and the perk of OBC makes it even better. Even with price being way down. I do not feel I am losing money on this investement. I am in for long haul. You will also get some form of OBC on Carnival other lines. However Princess is not as generous.

I purchased Carnival stock about 4 years ago. When it was around $51 a share. But no regrets. It has been a great investment. Dividends pay well and the perk of OBC makes it even better. Even with price being way down. I do not feel I am losing money on this investement. I am in for long haul. You will also get some form of OBC on Carnival other lines. However Princess is not as generous.

We get the OBC on every cruise. $200 so far this year with another $200 coming up for the rest of the year. A nice little perk!!!

Our goal is to get at least 10% in OBC alone and we have been successful in doing that for years!! TAX FREE!!!

Can you get a military rate and obc for stcok owned???

Yes, it is independent of the rate you book your cruise for. Also know this OBC perk depends on the Board of Directors approval from year to year....so technically it can be discontinued at the annual board meeting.

Of course it never has been.

I do always caution again purchasing single stocks. This is like gambling. But if you have the money to lose (not saying Carnival will go down) and you will sail enough to make a decent return on your money...go for it.

I sent two or three requests to an email address I'd found on CC.

My emails were not answered. However, when I faxed in my information I received a response within 24 hours.

PS - My cruise is on Princess, and there appears to be a separate department/address for Princess but perhaps all the Carnival lines prefer fax.

So if I buy today at $29 a share and take 29 cruises of 7 days each, I will have paid for my stock and enjoyed alot of vacation time? That is a much better deal than a time share!

And that is not even counting the dividends. Of course all good things must come to an end as stock is up another 10%.

More is lost by indecision than by wrong decision.

What is the email address to send your broker statement to at Carnival.

You can mail or FAX to:

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES

Research Supervisor

Reservation Administration

3655 N.W. 87th Avenue

Miami, FL 33178

Tel 800-438-6744 ext. 70041

Fax 305-406-5882

Don't forget to include a cover letter with :

Your name

booking number

ship name

sail date

Purchased stock on Wed. sent in my confirmation, with booking number, name, date, ship on Thursday. Today my OBC has shown up. The e-mail address is:

RESADMIN_RESEARCH@CARNIVAL.COM

Of course I wrote a note stating I was a stockholder and would like the OBC. and just forwarded my comfirmation. Wrote the note on the confirmation at the top.

Is the stockholder OBC for Princess different than for Carnival? I was under the assumption the OBC would be the same for all the lines that Carnival owns. Someone please correct me.

I fax my about a month ago, but it is not showing up on my online booking. Does it show online?

Mine didn't show up online either. I called 1800 438-6744 EX-70041. They looked it up on there computer and told me I got a credit for my next two cruises. Give them a call

http://library.corporate-ir.net/library/14/140/140690/items/287713/Carn_Benefit.pdf

From the information on the link above, it appears as though the OBC program is a CORPORATE program covering all their brands. However, the requests are made to the specific line because each line handles its own reservation and accounting system.

My credit (on an upcoming Princess sailing) does not yet show up. My contact at Princess indicated that the OBC request is "on file" and will be finalized when my final payment is made 90 days prior to sailing.

http://library.corporate-ir.net/library/14/140/140690/items/287713/Carn_Benefit.pdf

From the information on the link above, it appears as though the OBC program is a CORPORATE program covering all their brands. However, the requests are made to the specific line because each line handles its own reservation and accounting system.

My credit (on an upcoming Princess sailing) does not yet show up. My contact at Princess indicated that the OBC request is "on file" and will be finalized when my final payment is made 90 days prior to sailing.

I know you file with each specific line, but a previous posting had me thinking that maybe the dollar (OBC) amount was not the same for Princess as the other brands under CCL. My misunderstanding...thanks for the link.

I already have shares with RCL and was considering buying shares with Carnival so I am trying to get the facts straight first.

Archived