Brilliance Question

icon_smile.gifGreetings All!

Presently being far from the sights, sounds and fragrances of the sea, I am relegated to only pondering future cruises.

A few questions about the Brilliance: Looking at the pictures, it appears that balconies on decks 8,9,and 10 can actually look down onto those on deck 7; is this true of only deck 7?

Is the ledge that juts out below the deck 7 balcony only on this deck or is it there on all balcony decks? Has anyone stayed in one of the forward cabins on deck 10? It would appear that the wing of the bridge blocks any forward view from cabins 1000 and 1500. Lastly, other than the extra square footage, is there any difference in a category E-1 and D.

Many thanks for any assistance! icon_biggrin.gif

Captain Ronn

ROnn

I've sailed on Brilliance before- Cabin 8602 at the forward end of the "hump" on deck 8. I don't think you can see the balconies below- I recall being able to see straight down into the water. Left and right you can see the front of other balconies aft with a little neck-craning. I remember being able to see the balconies forward of us pretty clearly because of the hump. We were on the port (left) side of the ship. There's really no difference between category "D" & "E" as you describe except for a little more square footage, which is kind of insignificant. You're not going to have large gatherings in the cabins in either category!

John

Brilliance- Mediterranean- Venice

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;6;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

I liked deck 8 room 8012.....this is port side near the front...do not go any further front..balconies get smaller...it seemed from our balcony that yes on deck 9 and 10 the bridge does get in the way...and yes we looked down on deck 7 which has larger balconies...deck 7 port forward would have been fine.

E-1 and D...E-1 has a large chair and a half...D has a sofa!

Hope this helps...any other questions..email or ask

westcoast.gif

Radiance of the Seas May 2, 2004

Brilliance of the Seas November 14, 2003

Imagination June 30, 2002

Hi,

Bump cabins 8596 and 8594 are in the middle and you look down to the water. You can not see into the balconies under you, but you can see the balconies from the front to the back of the ship when you look either direction. (Not the whole balcony, just at the railings.)

e9.gif "HAPPY EASTER"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;3;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

UNTIL WE FLY TO SAN JUAN TO SAIL THE NORDIC EMPRESS. **10 ISLANDS IN 11 NIGHTS**

shp_ne_boat_img_151.jpg

12/06/04 VISIT OUR ROLL CALL HERE

D1 aft balconies are also bigger than most other E1 balconies, except for perhaps some of the hump E1's.

Carnival Festivale 8/95

RCI Navigator of the Seas 1/24/04--SEE MY REVIEW AT http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=7683004077

RCI Brilliance of the Seas 1/14/05

WE CAN'T WAIT TIL WE SAIL AGAIN!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Just off Brilliance. We had cabin 8064 and liked it very much. We prefer shade to read and enjoy the view, and 8, 9, and 10 have shaded balconies in the area over the lifeboats. Deck 7 does not have this shade, and, as well, they have a white lifeboat cover immediately in front of them. While we couldn't look directly down from our cabin, we much preferred it to deck 7 (as we could look down better than if we were on 7) at a cost of only $20 per person more. The category we were in was E2. E3 would be on Deck 7 (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and E1 would be the cabins that are on the hump or can look straight down - would be better for the Panama Canal trip. D cabins on Deck 9 would be good too. Nancy

Hi,

We had 8596 in the middle of the hump on deck 8. We had a view straight down to the water with no lifeboat overhang. It was an E2 cabin category.

e9.gif "Happy Easter"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;3;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

UNTIL WE FLY TO SAN JUAN TO SAIL THE NORDIC EMPRESS. **10 ISLANDS IN 11 NIGHTS**

shp_ne_boat_img_151.jpg

12/06/04 VISIT OUR ROLL CALL HERE

Alexis and I had the same cabin, 8596; but not on the same cruise icon_biggrin.gif It has great views because it is away from the hull. The balcony is also a little deeper, which with most of the cabins having small balconies to begin with, makes this cabin and 8594 excellent choices. We will have this same cabin again on the Jewel in a couple months. Unfortunately, the word is out and you have to book as soon as the booking becomes available to get these now.

Mike

See our reviews and pictures at Mike and Carol's Website

Costa Classica 3/94

Celebrity Mercury 4/98

Carnival Destiny 4/99

Crown Princess 7/01

Norwegian Star 11/01

Grand Princess 12/01

Sun Princess 3/02

Celebrity Constellation 11/02

Brilliance of the Seas 6/03

Navigator of the Seas 11/03

Jewel of the Seas 06/04

Tahitian Princess 02/05

We were on the Brilliance in Nov. 2003 with cruisingrightalong & John & Kelly. We were in cabin 1026 on Deck 10 on the port side. Ours was an E1 with a balcony. When we went to the Solarium, we could look down from the window & see our balcony. I don't remember anyone being able to see us sitting in our chairs. When we looked down from our balcony, we had a good view of the other balconies. We were in a forward cabin with a good view both ways.

We didn't realize that an E1 was different from a D1. The E1 had a small loveseat. It was not comfortable for both of us sitting at the same time. The shower was also much smaller with a shower curtain. The D1 on Adventure of the Seas had a regular couch & larger shower with a glass door.

I don't know if the E1 & D1 cabins are the same on the different classes of ships. I do know on our May 2004 cruise on AOS that we have a D1 cabin in the middle of the Bump. I prefer the larger couch & larger shower if it is available.

Gail

Archived