7 day cruises of the greek isls.

Captain H

Finding a 7 night cruise on a mainstream line will be very difficult, especially if you're limiting yourself to one date. Most Greek Island cruises are 10 days and longer. You could try some local Greek ships, but the only 7 day cruise I could find is on Azamara.

There are a lot of smaller cruise lines in Europe that don't market this side of the pond. Some are for seniors, others cater mainly to Italian or Spanish or BRits. I suggest you click on Cruiselines A-O and then P-Z and look at the list of names, then check their websites. Fred Olsen, Thomson Holidays, Saga Holidays, Classic International come to mind. They all operate older, smaller ships. P&O does Greek Isles cruises but most are from the UK so longer than 7 days. Louis Cruise Lines has the area well covered, but most of their cruises are sold as part of a land package through a tour operator. EM

There are a lot of smaller cruise lines in Europe that don't market this side of the pond. Some are for seniors, others cater mainly to Italian or Spanish or BRits. I suggest you click on Cruiselines A-O and then P-Z and look at the list of names, then check their websites. Fred Olsen, Thomson Holidays, Saga Holidays, Classic International come to mind. They all operate older, smaller ships. P&O does Greek Isles cruises but most are from the UK so longer than 7 days. Louis Cruise Lines has the area well covered, but most of their cruises are sold as part of a land package through a tour operator. EM

Actually, Costa Cruise lines is owned by Carnival Corp. and is very much a mainstream line. They recently launched a new ship, also.

Tee

We did a seven day on Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas in May RT from Venice. It included four ports, two of which were Greek islands, Santorini and Corfu We also sent to Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Dubrovnik. They alternate two slightly different itineraries, and I noticed the same cruises are available for 2009. Not sure this is what you want, but it is one option.

Yes, Costa is big and part of the Carnival family, but they don't market aggressively in the US. AIDA is also big ships and big in Europe (if you speak German) and also part of Carnival. But we never hear of them here. EM

Yes, Costa is big and part of the Carnival family, but they don't market aggressively in the US. AIDA is also big ships and big in Europe (if you speak German) and also part of Carnival. But we never hear of them here. EM

AIDA is a somewhat different animal as it is being marketing specifically to "upscale" German-speaking people and the language on board is German.

Costa is marketed here and more so all the time, and English is spoken on the ships. It almost looks to me as if Carnivals goal is to have a round the year Mediterranean offering via Costa.

Tee

you may wish to look at Easycruise, a budget line related to Easyjet a budget airline or low cost carrier. I have no experience (in fact we are taking our first cruise in 2 months with a more normal cruise line) but the product looks pretty good if you book a suite.

Archived