Adventure of the Seas ?

My family is considering cruising on this ship next year. I am trying to compare it to a similar Carnival cruise to see which would suit us better. Anyone have any pictures from this ship?

Which Carnival ship are you trying to compare it to?

you'll find lots of cruise ship photos here:http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/

My family is considering cruising on this ship next year. I am trying to compare it to a similar Carnival cruise to see which would suit us better. Anyone have any pictures from this ship?

Tons of pictures here: http://www.webshots.com/search?query=adventure+of+the+seas&new=1&source=search_results_top

Which Carnival ship are you trying to compare it to?

you'll find lots of cruise ship photos here:http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/

Thanks, I will check them out. I am trying to compare it to Carnival Victory. They go to similar ports but Carnival is considerably less money. Just trying to see if RCCL is worth the extra $. I have cruised twice before and both were RCCL so I don't know what to expect on Carnival but for the $1000 difference, I feel it is worth considering.

Keep in mind that "you get what you pay for". I heard from a TA that Carnival food is like Ponderosa. I'd stick with RCCL or Princess, personally.

And I've heard from a TA that the food on Carnival is considerable better than the food on Royal Caribbean.

For $1000 difference, I'd seriously consider giving Carnival a try.

I really have no "loyalty" to one specific cruise line. I usually pick the cruise based on a combination of itinerary, ship size, port of departure, and overall price, with the itinerary being the most important factor.

We've sailed the Southern Caribbean routes on both Carnival Destiny and RCI's AOS (last month on AOS).

IMHO, there is a gigantic difference between the two ships and between the two cruise lines.

My husband said he "will never sail Carnival again." After sailing on AOS, I agree.

We've also sailed on Celebrity three times and on Princess once.

AOS was our favorite ship and our favorite line.

It is well worth the extra money to sail on RCI versus Carnival.

That said, there are many people who would disagree with me and are just fine with Carnival.

We didn't care for the food, the service, and primarily, the party atmosphere throughout the ship.

On AOS, the food and the service were the best we've ever had on six cruises. The ship was amazing too!!

If you've enjoyed RCI in the past, I'd stick with RCI. I think Carnival will be a disappointment.

Karen in Kentucky

I have been on carnival, princess, HAL and RCI ships. I really did not see a lot of difference in the food quality between all four cruise lines but then I would make a terrible food critic. It is a subjective assessment depending on your own personal tastes.

As for the AOS, it is a newer design ship that is beautiful. I was on the Voyageur in March and will be on the AOS in September. The two ships are designed the same (voyageur class ships). I have never seen a ship as pretty as the VOS/AOS. The promenade down the center of the ship is five decks high. It is like walking down a city street with shops and bars on each side. Add in a ice skating rink, golf driving range, climbing wall, roller blading, sports court, etc, and you have one very nice floating resort. I really like the adult solarium area with its pool and hot tubs. It is a good quiet place to get away particularly during the day.

The two major problems I had with the carnival both related to enforcing the rules. Children were allowed to play in the adult pool and area, which they did of course. There went the peace and quiet around the pool. Smoking was everywhere except the MDR and buffet. Never mind any rules to separate the non-smokers from the smokers. The lounges with live music were smoke filled rooms particularly the piano lounge. We would sit on the non-smoking side of the pool only to have smokers sit at the next table, light up and ask the attendent to bring them an ashtray, which they did. We had to retreat to our stateroom which had a balcony. Unfortunately the stateroom next to us had smokers who like to smoke on their balcony. If you like to smoke or smell smoke, the party boat is for you.

Did I mention the Johnny Rockets on the voyageur class ships?

I second the suggestion aboy Webshots.com go to the community section of the website and you will find more pictures than you could possibly need. secondly I have never been on Carnival line but everyone I speak to RCCL is more upscale:)

And I've heard from a TA that the food on Carnival is considerable better than the food on Royal Caribbean.

For $1000 difference, I'd seriously consider giving Carnival a try.

I really have no "loyalty" to one specific cruise line. I usually pick the cruise based on a combination of itinerary, ship size, port of departure, and overall price, with the itinerary being the most important factor.

My TA has cruised both lines and says she has had good and bad food on both. She says it depends on the boat and the cook not really the line. To me, AOS looks nicer, but $1000 is a lot of money so I feel I must really consider Carnival too. My boys just want a nice pool with a water slide and they are happy. I have higher standards, but can have fun anywhere.

Thanks, I will check them out. I am trying to compare it to Carnival Victory. They go to similar ports but Carnival is considerably less money. Just trying to see if RCCL is worth the extra $. I have cruised twice before and both were RCCL so I don't know what to expect on Carnival but for the $1000 difference, I feel it is worth considering.

I sailed AOS two years ago, am sailing her again in Sept. I Just got off of the Carnival Victory (5 day Canada), on Sunday 7/17.

I enjoyed the Victory, because I love cruising. It was good for a getaway.

There is no comparison with the AOS and Victory. The AOS is a destination in itself. So much more to do, better food, much better service.

The Victory has very small pools, children were allowed in the adult pool area. No spa hot tubs.

The buffet is not worth going to. IMHO. I actually felt discouraged to eat dinner at the buffet because of the limited selection and quality. Yet, the waiter I had (table 585) was very inattentive and got our order wrong every nite.

The AOS sets the Windjammer up with practically the same food selection as the dining room, lowers the lighting and sets an atmosphere for the evening if you prefer to not go to the dining room. Great selection at the Promenade Café (no cost for most items).

Musical entertainment was no where close to AOS. The promenade on AOS is more than awesome.

I feel the difference in the price is the difference in what you get. AOS is definitely worth the $$.

Take the Victory out of NYC for a getaway, if you can. Take the AOS for a vacation!!

I will be watching this thread with interest.We sailed on the Victory (western caribbean) and am considering AOS for next summer.

We were upgraded from an OV guarantee to a balconey on the Victory which made the cruise a little extra special. Will probably be booking the lowest rate inside on AOS...just wish RCCL had guarantees available.

Archived