Amsterdam Laundry

RandomIam

I know there are self-serve laundromats on the ship. Has anyone used those with any luck? Flying and getting around Seattle is going to be a challenge with 6 of us so we want to pack as light as possible.

Do they offer laundry service like some of the other ships? The Westerdam offered laundry service for a fee (around $35) which would be totally worth it IMO.

The Amsterdam is the only place I have ever seen the lint filters being vacumed!:) There are several self service laundry rooms. The powder soap is provided as it is ecologically approved. You can also use the "stuff a bag" offer or the regular ship's laundry. Enjoy your trip:)

B.

Yes, the Amsterdam does have self-service laundries and I have used them onboard, they work pretty well. They also offer a laundry service is you prefer. I am not sure of the prices, but they are pretty reasonable.

I know there are self-serve laundromats on the ship. Has anyone used those with any luck? Flying and getting around Seattle is going to be a challenge with 6 of us so we want to pack as light as possible.

Do they offer laundry service like some of the other ships? The Westerdam offered laundry service for a fee (around $35) which would be totally worth it IMO.

Yes, there are self serve laundries. Not sure about the A'dam, but the general cost is $2 for wash (including soap) and $1 for a dry cycle. All HAL ships offer unlimited laundry - the price varies depending on the cruise, but reports here have been about $45 per week. There is also the laundry bag stuff route for between $12 -14 per bag. I'm not sure how they'll handle the situation for 6. Enjoy!

We, too, recently used the laundromats on the Amsterdam. As stated before, it is $2 per laundry load, but it should be noted that the dryer is free. Soap is dispensed into the machines free of charge when you push the "soap" button. We were very satisfied. We have also used their "stuff the bag" laundry service and were also quite pleased.

How does the unlimited laundry work? Can we give them stuff every couple of days?

Yes, you may send out as much as you wish, whenever you wish. It may take a couple of days, however, for the clean laundry to be returned.

We were on the Zaandam, which I'd assume is very similar. The laundry room and equipment are spotless, almost better than my laundry room at home. All the lint filters were clean, I think passengers were generally cleaning up after themselves.

The capacity is about a small to medium sized load in a standard American washing machine. Wash and dry time takes about an hour for lightweight items and 90 minutes for jeans.

Thank you all. I talked to someone earlier who confirmed the prices of $2/load, $12/bag, and $35/unlimited. Sounds like we can get by with our new "1 bag" limit with the airlines and actually have breathing room (but not much!) in the Yukon on the way from the airport!

Archived