Pinnacle Grill

It is the same every day.

New Pinnacle Menu on the Eurodam (don't know if it is fleet wide yet):

Here's Eurodam's PG menu:

The Beginning:

French Onion Soup King Louis XV, Lobster Bisque, Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Vine Ripened Beefsteak Tomato Salad, Baby Arugula Salad, Caesar Salad, Dungeness Crab Cakes or the Pinnacle Ocean Platter

The Grill:

Filet Mignon, New York Strip Steak, Bone-In Rib Eye Steak, Porterhouse, Colorado Lamp Chops, Grilled Veal Chop, Chicken Breast, Filet Steak Diane or Filet Mignon Burger.

Sea Food:

Broiled King Salmon, Broiled or Poached Lobster Tail or Cedar Planked Black Cod with Shrimp Scampi

The Intrigue:

Land and Sea (Surf & Turf), Lobster Macaroni and Cheese, Roasted Vegetable Tower

Side Dishes:

Creamed Spinach, Sautéed Button Mushrooms, Sautéed Onions, Asparagus, Scalloped, Whipped, Jumbo Baked or Shoestring Potatoes and/or Basmati Rice

The Finale:

Not-So-Classic Baked Alaska, Warm Grand Marnier Chocolate Volcano Cake, Velvet Soufflé – Chocolate or Vanilla, Creamy Homemade Raspberry Cheesecake, Chocolate And Raisin Bread Pudding, Pinnacle Crème Brulee, Fresh Seasonal Fruits and Berries, Premium Ice Cream or Sorbets and/or the Assortment of International Cheeses.

Pinnacle Menu that we have had recently on the other ships:

Pinnacle Grill Menu

You will first be given an amuse.

Starters:

Fragrant Chicken Thai Soup

Ultimate Northwest Clam Chowder

Vine Ripe Beef Stake Tomato Salad

Seasonal Greens

Dungeness Crab Cakes

Seared Duck Breast

Smoked Pleasures of the Sea

Entrees:

Filet Mignon

Bone-in Ribeye Steak

Porterhouse Steak

Lamb Rack Chops

King Salmon

Chciken Marsala

Cedar Planked Halibut with Alaskan King Crab

Cedar Planked Scampi

Grande Wild Mushroom Ravioli

Side Dishes:

Scalloped Potatoes

Creamed Spinach

Oversized Baked Potato

Lemon-Wheat Berry Basmati Rice

Sauteed Button Mushrooms

Grilled Asparagus with Bearnaise Sauce

Sweet Endings:

Not-so-classic Baked Alaska

Chocolate Volcano Cake

Lemon-Berry Angel Shortcake

Pinnacle Creme Brulee

Ice Creams

Sorbets

Fresh Fruit Plate

Assortment of Cheeses

There are also 3 or 4 sauces that you get to accompany your steak (if that's what you order) I can't remember exactly what the sauces are...I think one had sun dried tomato, one is bernaise and one is a horseradish sauce.

Do what I do and order all 3 sauces so you can sample them all with your steak. ;)

Try the 'Wild Mushroom Ravioli' as a starter

It is superb

Cheers

Mark

If they have it:( As a vegetarian, that is the only entree on the menu that I can have. We were told at 6pm on the first night that they were "out of it". We now stick with the main DR--love the food there.

When I ate in the Pinnacle Grill on the Volendam in the fall of 2006, I'm sure they had lobster, or a "surf-and-turf combo" on the menu.

Krazy Kruiser, your menu dosn't include it. Does this mean I'll have to expand my horizons, as well as my waistline :D?

When I ate in the Pinnacle Grill on the Volendam in the fall of 2006, I'm sure they had lobster, or a "surf-and-turf combo" on the menu.

Krazy Kruiser, your menu dosn't include it. Does this mean I'll have to expand my horizons, as well as my waistline :D?

If you ate there on the formal night when it was on the Dining Room menu they might have brought it from there. If so, you paid $30 (then) for what you could have had for no extra charge. Maybe they'd put a better piece of beef with it in the P.G., though.

When we were on the Westerdam in 2005 and the Zuiderdam in 2005, lobster was offered a couple of evenings as a Special -- not a main item.

And they were BIG lobsters!!

It was quickly stopped!! So sad.

We have had delicious lobster in Pinnacle. Don't remember if maybe it was a special but it was wonderful. I just about never order it in the dining room. We're Boston lobster snobs! :D

We haven't seen Lobster offered as an entree since 2005 in the Pinnacle -- we always ask.

But when the Pinnacle started those Dinner specials each night and the Lobster Salad was offered once every 7 evenings, we always got it -- made certain that we went on the right night.

Now I see that those specials are also disappearing. Westerdam offered only a about three of them instead of 7.

We have had delicious lobster in Pinnacle. Don't remember if maybe it was a special but it was wonderful. I just about never order it in the dining room. We're Boston lobster snobs!

Most of us who live in the Boston States or the Maritimes are, aren't we?:D

Is caviar ever served in the Pinnacle? I really, really missed it on our last cruise. I'd pay the upcharge just for the caviar.

No. Not that I've seen.

A TA we used years ago sent us a Bon Voyage caviar platter and it was incredible. All the appropriate fixings, served with beautiful presentation...delicious.

Look and see if it is still offered as something you can order for a gift to yourself.

We haven't seen Lobster offered as an entree since 2005 in the Pinnacle -- we always ask.

But when the Pinnacle started those Dinner specials each night and the Lobster Salad was offered once every 7 evenings, we always got it -- made certain that we went on the right night.

Now I see that those specials are also disappearing. Westerdam offered only a about three of them instead of 7.

I don't think they were a huge success and I also think the stewards never encouraged people to consider them. All the times we went to Pinnacle since they start offering specials, we never ordered any of them.

On the Veendam, in addition to the regular menu, there was one additional starter, entree and dessert offered each night. They had a fire grilled (or roasted) Romaine salad as a starter that was amazing if you are a salad lover.

Special Pinnacle Dinners

The Pinnacle does offer a special menu each evening besides the regular one that has been around for ages. You can choose everything on it or just one item.

For our cruises:

1st night:

Smoked Salmon Tartare - with grilled asparagus and a fresh ginger and sesame dressing served on new potato slices.

Prime rib rack of Veal with lemon thyme glazed and Sicilian style roasted vegetables.

Chocolate lemon cream tart - creamy milk chocolate ganache with a hint of lemon in a wafer anise crust.

2nd night:

Tequila shrimp and avocado cerviche - citrus marinated jumbo shrimp spiked with tequila and served with Peruvian aji.

Grilled rack of Veal Chop with lemon thryme glazed 7 Sicilian style roasted vegetables (the only difference between these 2 -- first night -- 3 small veal chops compared to 1 big chop).

Tiramisu flavored panna cotta - a rich combination of 2 classic Italian desserts served with passion fruit sorbet.

3rd night:

Grilled Sea Scallops with marjoram pomodoro coulis served on top of curried hollandaise spinach with fried capers.

Chef Rudi's Fillet Mignon with a brandy-spiked green peppercorn demi sauce.

French vanilla souffle classically served with a Grand Marnier sauce.

4th night:

Caribbean spiced Tuna Sashimi - island spiced ahi tuna accented with sesame oil, spicy sambal, sake and seaweed salad.

Lemon and Rosemary scented free range roasted half chicken with wild mushroom risotto drizzled with truffle oil.

Zinfandel-poached Bartlett pear with Italian mascarpone cream.

5th night:

Warm Maine lobster salad with grilled asparagus, fresh mesclun greens tossed in citrus dressing and pink grapefruit.

Peppercorn-crusted Monkfish with mustard vinaigrette on braised fingerling potatoes. DH tried this and loved it. There were also mixed vegatables - very good. Apparently DH was the first person to order this dish as the chef kept asking the waiters what he thought of it -- he had to come out and ask DH about it himself.

Chef Rudi's chocolate toque - our Master Chef's famous signature dish, rich chocolate Grand Marnier mousse served with strawberry compote and ornage scented cream. This is the same dessert that is served at the Master Chef dinner in th dining room.

6th night:

Fire-grilled baby romaine salad with gorganzola, five-spiced candied walnuts, Asian pear vinaigrette and port syrup.

Pan-roasted pear and pecan bread pudding with orange muscat vanilla cream sauce.

7th night:

Butternut squash soup with carmelized apple and crispy fried sage.

Grilled Diver scallops with wok-seared vegetables in Thai green curry, jasmine rice and sweet orange leek marmalade.

Frozen souffle Glace Grand Marnier with fig compote.

I spent the morning making a lovely gazpacho with lots of garden fresh vegetables I picked up at the farmer's market yesterday, and after reading your menues, well, now it hardly even sounds good! :(

Maybe I'll grill some scampi in garlic butter and zip it up to make it a little more interesting! Anyway, thanks for the inspiration and for making my mouth water.

I appreciate all your detailed information. :D

The Halibut is not listed on the new Eurodam Pinnacel Menu.DH tried to get it a couple of times on our last cruises -- was told not available.

My DH ordered Planked Halibut in the PG on the Prinsendam recently. When his meal arrived, it was unmistakably Black Alaska Cod. When we noted this to the server, he seemed genuinely confused & said they had been serving "that fish" for a while. So maybe the PG menus haven't caught up with what's in the kitchen! :o

My DH ordered Planked Halibut in the PG on the Prinsendam recently. When his meal arrived, it was unmistakably Black Alaska Cod. When we noted this to the server, he seemed genuinely confused & said they had been serving "that fish" for a while. So maybe the PG menus haven't caught up with what's in the kitchen! :o

The wait staff should have been upfront and told you right away that it wasn't available.

Thankfully they have always told my DH.

The wait staff should have been upfront and told you right away that it wasn't

available.

I agree but I think they were genuinely confused & didn't really know which fish they were serving. It wasn't a biggie for my DH. Funny thing is that I had a Halibut Sandwich for lunch in the PG on the same cruise. So the kitchen did indeed have Halibut on hand. Go figure:confused:

I spent the morning making a lovely gazpacho with lots of garden fresh vegetables I picked up at the farmer's market yesterday, and after reading your menues, well, now it hardly even sounds good! :(

Maybe I'll grill some scampi in garlic butter and zip it up to make it a little more interesting! Anyway, thanks for the inspiration and for making my mouth water.

I appreciate all your detailed information. :D

Did you make HAL's Mangospacho???

icon1.gifHAL's Mangospacho

8 cups peeled and finely diced mango (about 12 mangos)

1 cup water

1 cup ginger ale

1/2 cup rice wine vinegar

1/2 cup light olive oil

1 tablespoon granulated sugar

salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and finely diced

1/2 cup finely diced red onion

3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1.In a blender or food processor, combine half the mango with the water, ginger ale, vinegar, oil and sugar. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the soup to a nonreactive bowl. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours.

2.In another nonreactive bowl, combine the remaining 4 cups mango, cucumber, red onion and 1/2 cup cilantro. Cover and refrigerate until cold.

3.To serve, divide the cucumber mixture among chilled soup bowls that are each sitting in a bowl of crushed ice. Ladle the soup over the cucumber mixture and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro. Serve immediately.

And how about this shrimp recipe?? (From HAL)

Shrimp Scampi with Curry Mango Butter

Serves 6

This was sone at a cooking demo on the Westerdam - I tried it and we love it.

For the curry mango butter:

2 tablespoons olive oil

¼ cup finely chopped onion

2 tablespoons red curry powder

1 teaspoon ancho chile powder

1 mango, peeled, pitted and pureed

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened

Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper

Heat the olive oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat and cook the onion until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the curry and ancho powder, lower the heat, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the mango puree and lime juice, and cook an additional 15 minutes, stirring often. Let cool to room temperature. In a food processor, combine the mango mixture and the butter and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.

Place a sheet of parchment or wax paper on a work surface. Form the butter into a roll about 1 inch in diameter and place it along the long side of the paper, leaving a border of 1 inch. Roll up the butter in the paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 3 days. The butter may also be frozen.

For the Shrimp Scampi:

1 pound large shrimp - tails on, shelled and deveined

Olive oil for brushing the shrimp

Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper

Curry Mango Butter

Preheat a grill or grill pan to high. Brush the scampi with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, about 2 - 3 minutes per side - depending on size of shrimp. Place the shrimp on a serving platter and top with slices of Curry Mango Butter

Archived