Has anyone ever booked a group and gotten $ back from RCI?

We have a group sailing this year and I'm the group coordinator extraordinare:D . I was just wondering if anyone has ever booked eight or more rooms and then gotten $ back from the cruise line after the cruise was completed and how that worked? My TA said that it's based on the largest number or staterooms you have booked in one specific category, which in our case would be interior. However, with that said, we also have 2 GS, 1 OS, and the RS as part of our booking. My opinion is that I since we have 4 suites and only 3 interiors (1 D1) that the suites should garner more $ back than the interiors. But, I don't really know how this works. If anyone has ever benefitted from this, please give me a bit of wisdom.

Thanks!

I don't know all the details, but what your TA told you is correct.

The "free" berth is for the cabin MOST reserved, not most expensive, nor an average of any sort.

If there are more interiors booked than any other specific category (GS, D, F, etc.), then that is the fare that is rebated. And no, "suite" is not a category. :)

And it's ONLY the cruisefare, not taxes etc.

Well that kind of stinks since the only reason there are more interiors is because that's where all the kids are! The rest of us working folk are in the suites. But I guess some $ back is certainly better than no $ back!

Thanks for helping to clarify. Also, is it correct that the rebate is only after the cruise is completed?

Well that kind of stinks since the only reason there are more interiors is because that's where all the kids are! The rest of us working folk are in the suites. But I guess some $ back is certainly better than no $ back!

Thanks for helping to clarify. Also, is it correct that the rebate is only after the cruise is completed?

Yes, that is true. It comes in with the commission. It could be in within a couple of days or a month. But RCL is usually very quick with their payments.

Yes, that is true. It comes in with the commission. It could be in within a couple of days or a month. But RCL is usually very quick with their payments.

Good to know since I'll need it to cover my deposit on the next cruise I'll be booking while onboard! :D

I got the rebate once. I organized a group, and everyone booked under my name. We booked with AAA, and it had to be 8 rooms booked. After the cruise, I recieved a check for the cost of 1 cruiser, and no taxes or other charges. Every little bit helps! :D

Same here with our group. Last March we had 4 grand suites and 5 balconies and they gave us the $$ of the balcony back. This cruise it was recieved after the cruise, the one prior we got it just before. I think that might depend on the TA if they want to refund it prior.

Keep in mind the way the policy states also is that if you have a tie in the number of rooms say 3 category "m" insides and 3 GS, the berth will come from the lower category so you would get a free inside.

The rule is that they send you a check 30 days after the cruise was completed. But that does not mean that they do not send it earlier. Expect about a month though.

Archived