New to Azamara.....QUESTIONS????

isujim

Well after 17 cruises (I think that is the number)......we finally got tired of floating resort cities and have decided to go smaller........(and can't wait I might add). We have booked the Pacific Princess, followed by Azamara Journey.

This thread will probably serve as my question central as my questions come up

I know there is no formal nights on Azamara......but for dinner in either the specialty restaurants OR the main dining room.....do most men wear sport coats??? I don't want to wear a polo shirt and slacks and find that 80% of the men wear sportcoats to dinner. I want to do what most people expect (isn't that refreshing:) ).

I need to know the REALITY, not what is on the website......I've already read that.

Thanks in advance.......

As I said this is probably the first of many questions. I'm not sure what questions to ask that doesn't involve 3,000 passengers on the ship:p

All help is appreciated.

A few men wore sport coats on my Best of Italy cruise but most did not. Nice slacks, nice shirt & nice shoes work just fine.

thanks for the info......I would have guessed more. It might vary by cruise.

My next question deals with the Specialty Restaurants........

We have booked a Sky Suite and will get 3 nights in the Specialty Restaurant.......can you book early? RC now has an online booking system. If you can do you call or book on line? This info may be on their website or it may be listed in another thread........I just haven't found it yet.

Thanks again for all your help.

Hi isuJim !

Welcome to the Azamara Board !

Regarding Sport Jackets, I agree that its not a must. I would say most of the Men did not wear them. I did wear one in Prime C and Aqualina, but you are not required to.

As for Specialty Restaurants, last time I checked, you were only allowed to book either 1 or 2 times in advance. There is also a time limit before you can book, which I believe is 60 Days prior to your sailing, assuming you are a Captains Club Member.

I will verify the Specialty Restaurant information tomorrow, and post it on this thread. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask !

Thanks Andy.

Yes we are Elite Captains Club members..............which I assume is related to our Diamond Plus Status on RC. We have sailed Celebrity once. Once you find out............do you call or can you book your reservations on line, similar to what RC now does on line.

Thanks.

As far as the sport coat is concerned, I took a blue blazer with me and wore it in the specialty restaurant more because it was a little cool in there than anything else. It really isn't a worry either way.

You should be able to call Captain's Club to make a specialty restaurant reservation once you are 60days or less from sailing. At least that's what we were told and did last January.

Hope that's helpful.

I wouldn't get too excited about making specialty restaurant reservations. On my cruise, it was easy to get reservations there as many times as you wished after the initial flurry. These two restaurants are very enjoyable but they are not "specialty" restaurants in the same sense as the ones on Celebrity's "M" class ships. Think of them as alternatives to the main restaurant instead.

I wouldn't get too excited about making specialty restaurant reservations. On my cruise, it was easy to get reservations there as many times as you wished after the initial flurry. These two restaurants are very enjoyable but they are not "specialty" restaurants in the same sense as the ones on Celebrity's "M" class ships. Think of them as alternatives to the main restaurant instead.

Understood.........that is a point I need to pass along to our cruise companions........another thing we will need to get used to is the come to dinner when you are ready....in the regular dining room. From the website the way I understand it is no reservations are needed you just show up when you are ready to eat???

Where is a nice area on this ship (bar??) where you can sit down and talk with people without trying to carry a conversation over a steel band.....?? RC has their Viking Crown Lounge but you better leave before the disco fires up around 10 or so.

Where is a nice area on this ship (bar??) where you can sit down and talk with people without trying to carry a conversation over a steel band.....?? RC has their Viking Crown Lounge but you better leave before the disco fires up around 10 or so.

Hi Jim !

We liked the Mosaic Cafe, and Discoveries Lounge. Also, the Looking Glass lounge was excellent too. Mosaic was probably our favorite.

another thing we will need to get used to is the come to dinner when you are ready....in the regular dining room. From the website the way I understand it is no reservations are needed you just show up when you are ready to eat???

Hi Jim !

That is true for the Discoveries Dining Room, but not for the 2 Specialty Restaurants, as Reservations are required.

Hi Jim !

We liked the Mosaic Cafe, and Discoveries Lounge. Also, the Looking Glass lounge was excellent too. Mosaic was probably our favorite.

Thanks...........we'll be checking these out for sure.

We have booked Sky Suite 8050............for those that have stayed in Sky Suites, how did you like them? Anyone have 8050 or close to it??

Thanks.

My husband was glad he had a navy blazer for the few times when he did wear it.

Sherry

Was he glad because of the weather or was it because the other men were wearing them? We are new to Azamara so thank you for answering.

We have booked Sky Suite 8050............for those that have stayed in Sky Suites, how did you like them? Anyone have 8050 or close to it??

Thanks.

We will be on the Tahitian Princess in a couple of weeks time and we have cabin 8053 which is very close to your 8050 only on the starboard side. We love those mini suites with the bigger cabins, larger verandahs and a bathroom with a bath.

On all the ex "R" ships, the interiors are very similar though I know that Celebrity has created on Deck 8 the Sky suites as on their two particular ships Deck 8 only had the normal verandahs found on Decks 6 and 7 in the other "R" ships.

Once you have had the larger cabin, it is hard to return to a normal verandah.

Jennie

We will be on the Tahitian Princess in a couple of weeks time and we have cabin 8053 which is very close to your 8050 only on the starboard side. We love those mini suites with the bigger cabins, larger verandahs and a bathroom with a bath.

On all the ex "R" ships, the interiors are very similar though I know that Celebrity has created on Deck 8 the Sky suites as on their two particular ships Deck 8 only had the normal verandahs found on Decks 6 and 7 in the other "R" ships.

Once you have had the larger cabin, it is hard to return to a normal verandah.

Jennie

Thanks Jennie

• 3 weeks later...

All of our experience is basically with RC. Does Azamara provide any incentives for booking on board? I assume (and I shouldn't) they have some type of process for booking future cruises on board? I know this is pretty basic but just haven't cruised with them until now.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Hi Jim! Bob and I were in 8046 and it's a great room and location. We were very comfortable and had plenty of storage space.

Here's some pictures of our sky suite.

Garry

cabin80461-vi.jpg

cabin80462-vi.jpg

cabin80463-vi.jpg

All of our experience is basically with RC. Does Azamara provide any incentives for booking on board? I assume (and I shouldn't) they have some type of process for booking future cruises on board? I know this is pretty basic but just haven't cruised with them until now.

Thanks.

The future cruise situation on Azamara is the same as on Celebrity, or at least it was in January when we were on the Quest. We got a very nice OBC applied to our Journey sailing next month.

Archived