Weekend price change??

Having only made a deposit, would RCI change our booking at the lower price, if any?

Just call and if it is NOT for new bookings only they will just take the amount off. Make sure you get a new email confirmation and you can get multiple reductions if they occur.

Just call and if it is NOT for new bookings only they will just take the amount off. Make sure you get a new email confirmation and you can get multiple reductions if they occur.

I just checked the RCI website and our cruise has not gone down but up. Boy and I glad I put down that deposit. I also checked the online TA I used and their prices are still the same.

Didn't I read somewhere that the TA's had to HAve the same pricing as RCI?

I just checked the RCI website and our cruise has not gone down but up. Boy and I glad I put down that deposit. I also checked the online TA I used and their prices are still the same.

Didn't I read somewhere that the TA's had to HAve the same pricing as RCI?

The pricing will be exactly the same unless the TA is holding group space.

Like Dave, I've seen it go up and down within hours. You have to be ready to pounce. I like it that my TA works out of his house so he is available 24/7 if necessary.

We have booked a Trans-Atlantic on the Voyager of the Seas in November. Got an E2 assigned cabin for $949 with Platinum discount in May. What is strange is that now an E2 guarantee is up $400 more than when I booked and an E1/D1/D2 assigned is less than the E2 guarantee and they are less than a D3 assigned. Go figure.

WAVE sale is on Tuesday at: http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

I think it is new bookings only but if you are outside the final payment period, you could "cancel" and "rebook" if it is a significant savings on your cruise I think. I don't think RCI is hard nosed about cancel/rebook like NCL is.

Tucker in Texas

Like Dave, I've seen it go up and down within hours. You have to be ready to pounce. I like it that my TA works out of his house so he is available 24/7 if necessary.

We have booked a Trans-Atlantic on the Voyager of the Seas in November. Got an E2 assigned cabin for $949 with Platinum discount in May. What is strange is that now an E2 guarantee is up $400 more than when I booked and an E1/D1/D2 assigned is less than the E2 guarantee and they are less than a D3 assigned. Go figure.

WAVE sale is on Tuesday at: http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

I think it is new bookings only but if you are outside the final payment period, you could "cancel" and "rebook" if it is a significant savings on your cruise I think. I don't think RCI is hard nosed about cancel/rebook like NCL is.

Tucker in Texas

they frown greatly on canceling and rebooking. Your reservation will be flagged.

In the world of wacky price changes, we booked our next cruise way back in June of 2007. Got the cabin we wanted for $849pp. Now, since there's been a business group take a chunk of cabins, that same category is $1449pp!!

I doubt very seriously that we're going to get in any price drops as low as what we booked for in the first place. This is also one of the great examples of how booking early can get some really good deals.:)

'Course then you have to be patient for almost 2 years!!

Don't forget to also check Residency rates....our cruise has been the same price for the last 7 months and boom....last Thursday we saved $120 because we are residents of Ohio!! Wooohooo!!! Better than nothing!

Is there any rhyme or reason to the residency discounts? Do they usually occur in the state where the cruise originates, or is it completely random?

It would appear random...especially when Ohio gets a discount and RCCL does not sail from Ohio...:D We got a Texas resident discount on Majesty last year, it was a slow selling cruise so apparently they decided to offer that discount.

This is not exactly a drop but... We had picked a OV @ $909 for our Feb09 Serenade cruise. Been watching for a price drop but it seems to still be too far out. This weekend however, they did add a balcony gty for $999. We scooped that right up! We'll still keep hoping for a discount AND an upgrade! :)

I got my clients a 100$ off per person yesterday for their E3 and today the E2's were going for a 100$ less then that with a senior special so upgraded them and got them back 200$ per person in the last two days. WOOO HOOOO!!

I'm fairly obsessed as well. I'm keeping tabs on 36 weeks of data on the LOS pricing. We are sailing on 10/4. Have a Family Oceanview cabin booked for 4. Will either get a second cabin for guests 5&6 or add them to our room. SOOO -- I look every day or two - Can't believe how much the prices change!

One trend I have noted is that the prices do not change much in the 4 weeks or so leading up to final payment date (ie - no drops, pretty much stay stable).

For sail date - out one month have mainly seen drops of $100, with some exceptions - if a catagory is close to sold out, the price goes up, and if there is lots of inventory seems to go down more than $100. Very much in line with what has been said on the boards before. RCCL must constantly be running some analysis tools and repricing.

The cheapest I've seen the eastern is $599 for an inside and $699 on the Western. Most of the early 2009 prices just went up by $100 this morning. Weeks of April 4 and 11 must be spring break - high prices.

So in summary - or at least how I intend to use this data, if pricing is important, try to understand the popularity of your week and time your purchase (either book really early OR don't book in weeks leading up to final payment - wait until after if you can be flexible and stand the suspense!)

Archived