Question on Anytime Dining Star Princess

rosey2075

My Husband and I have the Anytime dining for our cruise, and I have a question. Will we have to sit with other people or can we get our own table for two?:confused:

Just request a table for two when you arrive at the diningroom. At the most, depending on the time, you will have a short wait, but they will supply one for you if you aren't in a big hurry.

Rosey, if you are going on the 17th of August you most certainly will be stuck with me, my wife, my 3 boys, 16, 14 and 13, grandma, and grandpa.

Except for my boys being complete slobs (ever see anyone pick an entire lobster up and eat it as if it were a drumstick?) you should be okay, except maybe of grandpa's ummm, errr, noises.

Can't wait to meet you and your hubby!!

Okay, fact is, I don't know, but I was told that with Anytime, you can in fact get a two top!

Enjoy!!!!

Yes, you can request a table for two. They have a few of them scattered throughout the dining rooms. They have two anytime dining rooms on that ship. If you feel like it though it can be fun and interesting to sit with some other people. We've made some nice friends that way.

We requested a table for two each night (as well as some breakfasts and lunches in the dining room) and were always asked if we would share a table. We just politely said, "No, just two please", and were promptly seated every time. (We are not anti-social but DH has a temporary hearing loss in one ear and would have difficulty carrying on a conversation with people seated on his deaf side.):(

Just got off the Star this Sunday and we had a table for two every night at 8 pm. I did call for reservations every morning because we wanted to make sure we had a table for 2 (and in our case, it is because we're rather antisocial :D :D :D ). Most of the 2 tops around us were empty at that time, so I'm sure walk-ins wouldn't be a problem.

One thing, though, is that these tables are in terrible locations, all around the service station. It's like they punish you for wanting to dine by yourselves LOL. Not a big deal for us (didn't ruin our cruise :p ) but we did comment on it. On the Crown these tables were set up along a long banquette near a window, very nice.

We had a "Private" table for 2 each night on the Princess Star in June, never had to wait more than 5 minutes. Each night the dining room table was for 4, converted to 2, the Star has 2 anytime dining rooms and many more choices for 2 than the Coral Princess when we sailed her:) .

DW and I typically join others at breakfast and lunch, but usually prefer to sit at a table for 2 for dinner. Gives us a nice spot to leisurely talk about the day, about what we're going to do that evening, have a leisurely dessert and cup of coffee...

However, if we find it will be a long wait for a table for two, we'll gladly sit with others. But we'll say: 6 person table maximum.

Getting a table in anytime dining can be an issue. We've been on many Princess cruises. Anytime dining was fabulous in the beginning. Its a pain now. They advertise you can go to the dining room any time, but that is not true, so be prepared to wait.

In our recent cruise, after having problems getting into anytime dining the 1st day, I resorted to reservations. They wouldn't allow us to make reservations until 8am each day and reservations could only be made for that day. I called right at 8am, was put on hold for quite some time, and then once the live person finally answered, was told all tables were taken until 8:15pm. This happened on more than one day.

We went to the dining room at 5:30 (when it opened) and were turned away until 8:15pm because we didn't have reservations. To be able to see the show, we had no choice but to go to the buffet. It was formal night. Do you think the buffet was serving lobster? No. So, Princess turns me away from Anytime dining and then won't serve me the same meal, which I paid for.

Its not a matter of starvation. Its a matter of being able to do the other things you want to do on that cruise. If they won't let you in anytime dining until 8pm, you can't go see the 8-9pm entertainment. That was a part of my cruise purchase price, I ought to be able to go see it. You could wait for the really late entertainment at 11 to midnight, but when the ship is scheduling shore excursions for 6/7am the next day, its not a viable option.

On a different nite when we couldn't get reservations, we went to the dining room at 6:15pm. As usual, the line for people with reservations was longer than the line of people without reservations trying to get in. How those people got the reservations is puzzling given the rules on reservations and the fact we called 1st thing that morning and couldn't get one.

So, it just depends. You might easily get a table for two, and you might be waiting for quite some time.

Archived