Booked 2 connecting cabins, dont want upgrade

Batch007

New to cruising - going on the Pride Nov 08 with DH and two young DD's (3 & 6). I wanted balcony room (so we can sit outside after kids are sleeping) and DH wanted separate rooms (he thinks no nookie otherwise - LOL - not sure if I should mention the balcony club to him;) ...).

Anyway, I booked two connecting cabins, one with ext balc and one inside room. Will be perfect for us...I had to book it with me and one DD in one room and DH and the other DD in the other room - two booking numbers (although I have connected them when I did my fun pass). How do I ENSURE that we are not moved/"upgraded"? :eek: Is there someone at carnival I can contact. I did book through a canival agent directly (who let me say was FABULOUS and VERY patient with me!!)

Thx Batch007

You could speak to the agent and ask him to mark your reservations do not upgrade.

I don't know if it will do any good.

P.S. When you are speaking to him, tell him to take a look at section 2(f) of the cruise contract. That's the part that says you don't have to split the booking between with an adult on each room.

Have Carnival add a note to your booking that "upgrade will not be accepted". They usually won't upgrade you with specifically booked adjoining cabins, anyway - especially the ones you booked. Keep checking your booking online just to make sure they don't move you. And good luck on the balcony club with your dh!

New to cruising - going on the Pride Nov 08 with DH and two young DD's (3 & 6). I wanted balcony room (so we can sit outside after kids are sleeping) and DH wanted separate rooms (he thinks no nookie otherwise - LOL - not sure if I should mention the balcony club to him;) ...).

Anyway, I booked two connecting cabins, one with ext balc and one inside room. Will be perfect for us...I had to book it with me and one DD in one room and DH and the other DD in the other room - two booking numbers (although I have connected them when I did my fun pass). How do I ENSURE that we are not moved/"upgraded"? :eek: Is there someone at carnival I can contact. I did book through a canival agent directly (who let me say was FABULOUS and VERY patient with me!!)

Thx Batch007

If you have cabin numbers already assigned you will not be upgraded. If you don't have cabin numbers already, just make sure the agent knows you want the rooms the way they were booked. Usually with adjoining rooms or "tagged" rooms you will not be upgraded anyway.

As far as you and your husband having to split the rooms on the reservation, it is so there is an adult listed with each child. The previous poster referred to 2(f) on the contract and he/she is correct - they cannot refuse your children who are under 21 yrs of age as long as you are traveling in an adjoining room. However, they can require all sorts of paperwork from you that will make your a life a living nightmare. So, it's easier to book you and your husband in seperate rooms - just know, you don't have to sleep that way.

Libra

Archived