Savings or not?

crosj

How much does one save by booking a further cruise while on a cruise? I will be on the Dawn in about a month and am thinking about another cruise next year. Should I wait and book on the cruise?

Thanks

You don't actually have to book a specific cruise to get the future cruise benefit. You can do a ghost booking which allows you to book a specific cruise sometime during the next 4 years. For a 7 day cruise, you will receive a $50 per person on board credit for an OV cabin, or above. You also get the benefit of a significantly reduced deposit ($100 / person for a 7 day cruise).

If you get a Future Cruise Credit, it's only $100 and you have four years to use it. You can either apply it directly to a cruise in the future or leave it open, i.e., unspecified. Then, you get most if not all of that $100 back with an onboard credit, depending on the length of the cruise and cabin category booked. It really is a great deal, particularly if you see a cruise you think you'd like to take but don't want to tie up a lot of money in a deposit.

How much does one save by booking a further cruise while on a cruise? I will be on the Dawn in about a month and am thinking about another cruise next year. Should I wait and book on the cruise?

Thanks

We have never seen a good deal on a specific cruise while onboard, we just by the FCC's and I do the research when I return home. ;)

We have never seen a good deal on a specific cruise while onboard, we just by the FCC's and I do the research when I return home. ;)

If you book an FCC onboard & find a better deal later you can change your booking so long as the Final Payment dates have not passed. You really cannot lose.

Steve

If you book an FCC onboard & find a better deal later you can change your booking so long as the Final Payment dates have not passed. You really cannot lose.

Steve

The FCC is not a booking, it is really just a convienent way to place a deposit on a Princess cruise where ever or with whomever you book it.

Yes you can change cancel it but depending on the TA they may charge a cancelation fee not related to Princess. :)

How do you let your travel agent know that you have an FCC? Or do they see it when they contact Princess about your next cruise?

The TA can't see it but Princes can when they are contacted. :)

Tell the TA to have Princess apply the FCC to the new booking, and remember you only have to use 1 FCC, for the second person you can charge the $100 to a credit card and still get the OBC and save an FCC for a future booking.

Most TA's and even some Princess CSR's will swear you can't do this but yes you can.

Archived