Any word if Princess will change smoking policy in near future?

Bishopcfd

3 weeks ago I got off Sun Princess, currently operating from Australia.

Smoking was only permitted: Open Decks, Promenade Deck Portside.

Public rooms, Shooting Stars nightclub, all other public areas and rooms, non smoking.

Smoking was permitted in cabins, balcony, inside, outside etc.

Cheers..Lester..a non smoker:cool:

Thank you for the link. I had seen it before, but it is just one which demonstrates how much things have already changed with regards to smoking. Far fewer people smoke than in "the old days" and far fewer will smoke in the future.

Princess has a duty to protect the health and well-being of people who cruise on her ships, and of all lines, Princess had the first and best opportunity to ban smoking after the fire on the balcony of the Star Princess. One of her sister lines, a P&O brand, has taken steps to restrict smoking significantly, and I don't understand why Princess has not been a leader in this effort rather than a "johnny-come-lately".

Several major hotel chains are 100% smoke-free now, and that means that not only can you have a smoke-free room, but the entire premises, including bars, lobbies, etc. are clean and fresh-smelling, too.

I don't have the whole list, but Marriott hotels (and all affiliated hotels) and Starwood hotels (all affiliates) are among those that have gone smoke-free.

We believe in putting our money where our mouth is, so we support these two hotel chains at every opportunity, along with small hotels that are smoke-free.

In Europe I know the excellent Mövenpick (Moevenpick) hotel chain (Swiss-owned) is smoke-free and they have a hotel right at the cruise terminal in Amsterdam and that is smoke-free.

Then why are you cruising Princess?:confused:

Archived