Any word if Princess will change smoking policy in near future?

Bishopcfd

Just curious if anyone heard that Princess might change their smoking policies. I haven't seen anything posted in here for a while. With everyone else changing policies, who knows what might happen.
What would you like changed? As it is now, there aren't many areas on the ship where smoking is allowed so that it's almost a non-issue.

Two months ago I wrote to Princess and asked them if they were planning to change their present smoking policy to no smoking in cabins or on the balconies and they sent me a very nice apology letter as well as a very nice credit towards my next cruise BUT they did not answer my question at all!

Two months ago I wrote to Princess and asked them if they were planning to change their present smoking policy to no smoking in cabins or on the balconies and they sent me a very nice apology letter as well as a very nice credit towards my next cruise BUT they did not answer my question at all!

What address & to whom did you address you letter? I never seem to get an answer from Princess.

Have you been bothered by smoke in the cabin or on balconies? I agree with Pam, the smoking policies are fairly restrictive - there's not much more they can do.

Don't worry...if/when they change the policy, you'll be the first to know.

Don't know what else they can do. Smoking is so restricted there's not much left except banning it altogether....and that won't happen.

Have you been bothered by smoke in the cabin or on balconies? I agree with Pam, the smoking policies are fairly restrictive - there's not much more they can do.

No, not in the cabin. Whatever the room steward uses to get the smell out is great. On the balcony? Yes. Last 2 cruises we have been next to heavy smokers. We have to leave as they sure didn't. Even during our UBD. Wonder if we turned up music really loud would they have left?? Complained??

Popcorn is popped, diet Pepsi is on ice........I'm ready. ;)
Pia, pass over a diet pepsi will you please? :) What kind of popcorn are we having this time? I think last time it was cheese, time to switch things around a bit so it isn't the 'same old same old'. ;)

Pia, pass over a diet pepsi will you please? :) What kind of popcorn are we having this time? I think last time it was cheese, time to switch things around a bit so it isn't the 'same old same old'. ;)

I'm sending you a regular diet and a caffeine free; choose whichever you want. We're also having Orville Redenbacher's single serve mini bag; 94% fat free; 110 calories in each bag. Enjoy!

SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, stop talikng this is the best part of the movie. :rolleyes:

RCACACE - This is the address I used to write to Princess. I don't have any special person's name or anything:

Princess Cruises

Passenger Relations Department

24305 Town Center Drive

Valencia, California 92355

BDJAM - Yes, we have been bothered by heavy smokers (cigarettes and pipes and cigars) on the balcony on each side of us and below us on a number of cruises. We just kept our door closed and waited until they were gone before we went out. Our cabin on our January 2008 Diamond Princess Hawaii Cruise had obviously previously been occupied by very heavy smokers. The cabin attendant tried several times to clean rid the cabin of the smell but it was in all the upholstery and drapes, and especially the fabric headboard of the bed. When the balcony doors were closed at night and we were in bed it was very noticeable. We had never had this problem before.

Archived