Weather caribbean in April and explorer cabins?

I wonder whether you guys could help me. Just been looking at cruises for 2010 (I know, wishing my life away!!) and wondered what the weather would be like leaving N Jersey and heading down to the caribbean in April??

Also, any tips on rooms on the Explorer?? Looking at D1's (think the aft and humps are all gone though) and JS's and GS's. The prices look really reasonable at the moment so thought we might try and catch one early.

Thanks in advance.

We cruised on the Pearl from Miami last spring in April and it was cool (65-70 degrees) for the first two days and OK (75-80 degrees) for the last two days returning. From NY, I would think the same would hold true.

As for the cabins, we've done D1 and D2 on Voyager class. We've been very pleased. Unless you spend a lot of time in the cabin you might want to check pricing on the lower category balconies and spend the difference elsewhere.

I am sure there are fellow cruisers who would say to book a higher category as well, and they will tell you why. Good luck on your trip planning.

We cruised on the Pearl from Miami last spring in April and it was cool (65-70 degrees) for the first two days and OK (75-80 degrees) for the last two days returning. From NY, I would think the same would hold true.

As for the cabins, we've done D1 and D2 on Voyager class. We've been very pleased. Unless you spend a lot of time in the cabin you might want to check pricing on the lower category balconies and spend the difference elsewhere.

I am sure there are fellow cruisers who would say to book a higher category as well, and they will tell you why. Good luck on your trip planning.

thanks! At least to us Brits 75-80 is hot!! Thing is, dont really want to do the Caribbean in July/August/Sept as risk of hurricanes though, I know, weather will be warmer! Its a tough one!

Not sure what to do about cabin as there are 4 of us and a balcony gives that little bit of extra space!!:)

We cruised Feb. 24-Mar 5 and the weather was fine. It was cold leaving NY (about 30), but by the next morning we were in the Gulf Stream and you could be outside in long pants and a sweater. By the next day you could wear short sleeves.

Coming back people were in bathing suits by the pool until 4 pm the afternoon before we docked. Our weather was terrific, but it's always possible you will catch some late winter storm. We're booked for 2009 and 2010 on the same cruise.

For the 12 day cruise we get balcony category E cabins by the aft elevators on deck 6 or 7. This works really well for us. My opinion is that the prices will only go up. In 2008 our cabin appreciated over 50% before the category sold out. We're paying a base price of $1349 for 2009 and it almost doubled before it sold out. 2010 is $1799 base price and I don't expect it to drop.

We did a western caribbean the end of April last year on the Explorer and it was quite warm. (it was so tough, but we managed):D . We were in the caribbean last December and I missed that steamy hot weather. I would go for a JS or a GS if you can, we had a GS and it was great. Being on deck 10 was quite convenient. We will be on deck 8 on the Indy this December and I hope that would be ok. I know about planning ahead, I am doing the same thing.

It's warm all year round in the Caribbean, and April is just after the rainy season, so.... you'll have a lovely trip!

A JS is the best value and you get alot of space and comfort! Ture, you won't get concierge service, but is that worth the extra money????

How about an E1 or E2 with a Promenade cabin across the hall?

If you are looking at a balcony another good option that may be open is 7388/7390 with 7387 which in an inside OR 7688/7690 with 7687 which is an inside. I booked this set for January and got a really good deal.

Archived