Question re: Tri Rail to Miami

skings

Hello fellow Cruise Critics. My friend (on Walker) and I are sailing Nov 1st on the Liberty:D We have decided the cheapest way from West Palm Beach is taking Tri Rail to the Airport and using Carnival Bus from there. My concern is that it would require a lot of walking and lifting of the walker to get to the bus. Would taking a taxi from the Tri Rail station be an option? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Sandra:cool:

Im able bodied and I wouldnt take Tri Rail that far. Im assuming you also have at least one suitcase each. Tril Rail is for commuters who are going to work, so avoid rush hour or you are going to be dirty looks. There are buses you can catch from Tri Rail and go places, but the bus system to me also leaves much to be desired. Expect and plan for delays.

Can you rent a car? Or find a limo service?

I think you are making a mistake to get on a commuter train with suitcases and someone on a walker. Very brave and I lived there for 10 years. I cant believe the time it would take to do this can be worth the savings of at most $50? to hire someone to take the two of you to the port in Miami.

This isnt like a regular train with a porter there to help you on and off with suitcases and a place to store them.

I agree with the previous poster.

If you can, please do not take the tri-rail, especially with someone with a walker, between helping your friend and carrying the luggage, it will not be a pleasant experience and is not the best way to start your vacation.

Could you maybe drive instead?

Try supershuttle, they offer service from PBI. I check their website and it says to call them to get a quote from PBI to MIA.

Another reason no to use tri-rail is that will need to board a bus from the airport to the station in PBI and once you arrived MIA, you will need to take a shuttle bus to the terminal At the airport the shuttle will drop you on the first floor of conc. E and you have to walk to Conc. J for the Carnival bus.

Try supershuttle, they offer service from PBI. I check their website and it says to call them to get a quote from PBI to MIA.

Another reason no to use tri-rail is that will need to board a bus from the airport to the station in PBI and once you arrived MIA, you will need to take a shuttle bus to the terminal At the airport the shuttle will drop you on the first floor of conc. E and you have to walk to Conc. J for the Carnival bus.

I can save you the phone call. The Supershuttle will cost approximately $140 (this was for 3 people for my quote) and it does not include gratuity :cool:

You are so right on. It really is for commuters, or someone needing a quick trip to Miami for business etc..NOT advisable for traveling..people see you struggling with a walker and suitcases and it reeks tourist so then you beocme an easy target for crime. It's a very safe and clean ride, but unfortunately the crooks target the tourists. Plus, trirail schedule is not reliable.

The cheapest and most comfortable way is to rent a car. Supershuttle isn't really a bargain, either. Sometimes saving a few dollars is not worth the stress and hassle.

Im able bodied and I wouldnt take Tri Rail that far. Im assuming you also have at least one suitcase each. Tril Rail is for commuters who are going to work, so avoid rush hour or you are going to be dirty looks. There are buses you can catch from Tri Rail and go places, but the bus system to me also leaves much to be desired. Expect and plan for delays.

Can you rent a car? Or find a limo service?

I think you are making a mistake to get on a commuter train with suitcases and someone on a walker. Very brave and I lived there for 10 years. I cant believe the time it would take to do this can be worth the savings of at most $50? to hire someone to take the two of you to the port in Miami.

This isnt like a regular train with a porter there to help you on and off with suitcases and a place to store them.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for this info - my friend lives in WPB and we had planned on taking the Tri-Rail to the airport then shuttle to the port. I have now found out that she uses her mobility scooter most of the time. Guess I will just have to drive to WPB from Savannah and pay the extra to park

Archived