Cachaca on Constellation?

winediva

Cachaca is a liquor made from distilled sugarcane juice. A caipirinha is a wonderful drink made from this liquor. It's a very famous Brazilian drink and is one of my favorite drinks. I can never remember how to pronounce it but I still order it.;)

I love Caipirinhas as well! I discovered them at the International School in Brussels (we were posted in Belgium for a few years) when the drinks where sold at the Brazil stand! My friend Nancy and I perfected a recipe. It is basically crushed ice, sugar and chopped up limes squashed up in a glass with the liquor poured on top. Very nice! I have not found the liquor in Australia as yet, but will have to keep an eye out. Anyone else feel thirsty?:D

Cachaca is a liquor made from distilled sugarcane juice. A caipirinha is a wonderful drink made from this liquor. It's a very famous Brazilian drink and is one of my favorite drinks. I can never remember how to pronounce it but I still order it.;)

THanks for the info. I see you hail from Redmond. My DW is from Kirkland!

I think it is the first drink I will order on board in October! Sometimes I ask for a bit more sugar as I like the crunchy bits of sugar in the bottom of the glass.

This is how I pronounce it:

Cai as in Kite - Pa as in Path - Re as in reflex and Nah as in Nah, I don't want one - but in this case I DO want one!!!! :D

I think it is the first drink I will order on board in October! Sometimes I ask for a bit more sugar as I like the crunchy bits of sugar in the bottom of the glass.

This is how I pronounce it:

Cai as in Kite - Pa as in Path - Re as in reflex and Nah as in Nah, I don't want one - but in this case I DO want one!!!! :D

Thanks, I wrote it down so I can practice till I leave on my cruise and hopefully I won't make an A@* out of myself when I ask for one.:eek:

Thanks, I wrote it down so I can practice till I leave on my cruise and hopefully I won't make an A@* out of myself when I ask for one.:eek:

No, only after 4 of them. Be extremely careful, highly addictive. But delish!!

Archived