What to do in Cabo San Lucus

daisymae253

We just did the Yael sail and snorkel last week. It was awesome. Say hello to Pete and Jaime who did a wonderful job of being our hosts on the boat (from the family of 4 from AZ). Snorkeling was great but jellyfish were definitely around last week. Our 11 yo got stung by them. No biggie, healed quickly.

We just did the Yael sail and snorkel last week. It was awesome. Say hello to Pete and Jaime who did a wonderful job of being our hosts on the boat (from the family of 4 from AZ). Snorkeling was great but jellyfish were definitely around last week. Our 11 yo got stung by them. No biggie, healed quickly.

I'm glad you enjoyed Yael. I have been considering them for our cruise next September. By the way, since you are from AZ be sure to visit the AZ Cruiser's thread. You can get to it through the link in my siggy.:)

It is beautiful. The water is gorgeous. Enjoy. It is what you MAKE OF IT.

Well we LOVE it! We first went there on a cruise in 1994 and have been going back ever since. We now own 2 time shares there and spend up to a month a year. We will be there for 2 weeks next month and can't wait.

The best things for us are the beauty of the desert meeting the ocean, the people, the food and the attitude. We are looking at condos on our next trip and we hope to buy one in the next year so we can go whenever we want and to retire there in the next 5-10 years.

Give it a try, you may end up loving it too!:)

Thanks for your advice Ozcleopatra and Househunter :D You are both right...I am being a brat :rolleyes: It's vacation and vacation is always good!!! And it most certainly is what you make of it.

Cleopatra- I love desert meets ocean as well- that's why we spend so much time in San Felipe, so I probably will like the scenery in Cabo. My mom and I tend to have fun anywhere...even at the dentist...so I'm sure we will be just fine.

I will be in Cabo on Dec 10th on the Carnival Elation. I want to book a snorkeling trip for my friend and I. Carnival has several that day. One of the trips is to Santa Maria and Chileno Bay for snorkeling at both. It costs $71. I would love to book a private tour and just inquired with the company listed on this thread. Has anyone else booked privately?

I was burned one day this summer when I booked a private tour in the Caribbean. (I was on the Carnival Destiny) The tour company didn't sell out the tour so they canceled it but didn't tell me until I showed up so it was too late to join the Carnival tour. But on the flip side I booked a private tour on a another island that week and had the BEST experience. So I was wondering what everyone else's experiences were in Cabo, good experiences and bad. I am open to booking from a local vendor on the docks too.

~Lisa

If you are into shopping, they have the best prices we found on the candy wrapper purses.

See this link (or do a search) if you don't know what they are: http://www.ecoist.com/

My wife got one in CSL and it was one-third the price they were asking in PV.

She wished that she got more. Such is life.

THANKS! I'm putting this on my list of "musts" for when we go to CSL next March!

We went on a Carnival cruise to Cabo in August. My family and I wanted to go parasailing, but Carnival did not offer it as an excursion so I booked a trip on-line with JT Sports. It cost $40 per person and was a blast. The boat ride was quite rough though and my fiance almost got sick, but my three teenagers and I had a great time! JT also rents jet skis, kayaks and other water equipment.

If you are into shopping, they have the best prices we found on the candy wrapper purses.

My wife got one in CSL and it was one-third the price they were asking in PV.

She wished that she got more. Such is life.

yes i would love to get some of these purses..where would u recommend I get some of these and how much should I expect to pay? Leaving in 2 days and can't wait. Thanks.

yes i would love to get some of these purses..where would u recommend I get some of these and how much should I expect to pay? Leaving in 2 days and can't wait. Thanks.

The place we found was right across the street from Cabo Wabo. It was in a shop next to a drink stand with a sign that read, " Stop Damn Cold Beer."

I finally got my pictures transferred to this computer, so e-mail me (check my link) and I will send you a map.

My 2 cents on Cabo:

I am not into water sports so if you are, your opinion may vary.

Cabo Wabo charged $4.50 for a Corona, I bought the same beer 3 blocks away for $2.

A 3rd world country that seemed to exist only by selling junk to tourists.

A couple of very small beaches crowded with tourists.

Not sure what you others saw or did that would make you want to return.

Been there, done that, with no interest in ever returning.

My 2 cents on Cabo:

I am not into water sports so if you are, your opinion may vary.

Cabo Wabo charged $4.50 for a Corona, I bought the same beer 3 blocks away for $2.

A 3rd world country that seemed to exist only by selling junk to tourists.

A couple of very small beaches crowded with tourists.

Not sure what you others saw or did that would make you want to return.

Been there, done that, with no interest in ever returning.

I AM into water sports- WOO-HOOOOO waverunning was FUUUUN!!

So, go down the road. Don't go to Cabo Wabo. $2 is a bargain- pretty good reason to stick around.

Yeah, it is a 3rd world country. Duh. yeah they will try and get your cash. So don't buy the junk.

Beaches were not too crowded for us and that water was gorgeous. And what did we do and why would we want to return? Because it was still a good experience as everyone was on vacation and relaxing, the locals are making money so they are happy so I think anywhere you can go and see all in a good mood is worth a return visit. You need to loosen up, drink more beer and let go......:D

• 2 months later...

I am looking into the 3 hour snorkel/whale watch. Is that what you did? It says light lunch and free bar - can you elaborate on what was included? It looks like a good deal. Or if anyone else knows about this trip I would love some feedback, thanks!

I did the Yael one month ago. It was just my roommate and I, $57 each plus gave the two guys a $23 tip each. ($80 total) We had whole boat to ourselves. Yes, the drinks are free and unlimited. They offer you a drink as soon as you start sailing. They have mexican beer, margaritas, sodas, bottled water, etc. We chose to go snorkeling first before it got too crowded and then spent 2 hours sailing. Once sailing they served us chips and salsa and ham and cheese sandwiches served on baguettes. The top of the cabin is all cushions so we just layed out in the sun and enjoyed the ride. That truely felt like a vacation and was the highlight of our trip. I highly recommend it!

**Note - as mentioned by other people, Cabo is one hour ahead of ship time so watch the time. Cabo is a tender port which takes longer to get to shore. Because we were short on time we took a cab to the dock. The cabo bay is shaped like a horse shoe. You dock on the left but need to get to the right side. There are also water taxis that only charge $5 to get to the other side.

Let me know if you have any specific questions!

I can recommend the America's Cup Excursion.

They have two New Zealand campaign boats there that they take out and sail against each other. You can volunteer to crew the boat or just ride along. The crew handles the "grinders" that control the sail shape. It can get rather strenuous at times but not extreme.

They run two different races against each other and the competition is intense. After the races the captain will offer the "helm" to anyone that wants to steer an ultra high-performance, all carbon fiber, 80' racing sailboat.

If you have sailed before, this is the ultimate thrill.... :D

Archived