Silver Moon Rum Punch Recipe?

llarsen

Does anyone have the rum punch recipe served on the Silver Moon? Several years ago we had the pleasure of sailing with them twice, (fantastic day!) and they were so nice to give us the recipe, but I have lost track of it over the years.

If anyone has it, I'd appreciate it.

lindamlarsen@gmail.com

Tradition has it.........

"One of sour

Two of sweet

Three of strong

Four of weak!"

What?

by quantity.. -wife says cup-fulls..

One of 'sour' (lime juice)

Two of 'sweet' (cane syrup or sugar)

Three of 'strong' (rum, preferably White rum!)

Four of 'weak' (water)

Aplmac or anyone who can help...

We will be in Barbados this January, and would love to go back to a little beach restaurant/bar at Carlise Bay. It was next to a popular place that a lot of cruise ship passengers go (maybe Yard-something?).

There was a really nice lady I believe was from England who might of owned the place. It was on the beach and was painted turquoise the last time we were there. They had lobsters in large holding tanks inside. She made us the BEST drinks we have ever had! Some kind of rum punch she said.

Does anyone know if the place is still there and the name of it?

Thank you!

We will be in Barbados this January, and would love to go back to a little beach restaurant/bar at Carlise Bay. It was next to a popular place that a lot of cruise ship passengers go (maybe Yard-something?).

There was a really nice lady I believe was from England who might of owned the place. It was on the beach and was painted turquoise the last time we were there. They had lobsters in large holding tanks inside. She made us the BEST drinks we have ever had! Some kind of rum punch she said.

Thank you!

Well there is Boat yard where alot of cruise ship passengers go. There is a bar, restaurant, chairs and umbrellas on the beach. Just east of boat yard is lobster Alive. Not sure which one you went to but they are both very close. Lobster alive has the lobsters in a tank.

Thank you!

Lobster Alive.

Refresh your memories via links at my Barbados island scenery webpage at URL..

http://www.*****.com/scenes.html

Meanwhile this picture should trigger memories..

Lobsters1.jpg

That's it!

I remember the one, two, three, four.

I think it might also have a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg on top too. ===> Mais OUI!

You realize that's a fairly basic recipe?

Nutmeg adds the mildly hallucinogenic properties! :)

be careful, be very careful, It took me out in St. Thomas 40+ years ago. 10 of these really had me hanging over the balcony for hours. Here goes.

1 oz white rum

1 oz gold rum

1 oz punch rum

a lot of ice in a tall glass

a mix of pineapple juice, mango, papaya, grapefruit and OJ.

a splash of falarum and oregot flavoring and a splash of Angastura bitters and a dash of nutmeg. This is best mixed in a big pitcher in large quantities as it is difficult to keep the proportions right after the first one and they taste so good. I still make this drink for myself and friends who are not driving. I couldn't get my stick shift jeep up the hill to my hotel without stalling a few times. On the other hand we met our best friends that night when they took my new wife to dinner while I saluted the porcelain god.

m steve,

Thanks for the recipe sounds great, I have never heard of a couple ingredients like Fararum, but found a recipe for it online (below)

Zest from 10 limes

10 cloves

1/4 teaspoon almond extract

1 liter white rum

Marinate together for 24 hours. Strain and store in a cool place.

Mix 8 oz. of rum marinade with 1 quart of simple syrup.

The Oregot is another one I haven't heard of, but online it says both are used in Caribbean drinks. I will look for them at some of the liquor warehouses here, are they available in the islands like Barbados?

aplmac- I looked through my photos and I do believe it was Lobster Alive. I didn't remember beach umbrellas (probably due to the drinks we had there, haha) but in my photos there were some umbrellas on the beach but they were green back then.

Thank you both for the replies, can't wait to get back to Barbados! But maybe the rum punch recipes will make us feel a little closer to getting there!

sweet flowery liquid with a low alcohol content usually available in liquor stores. Oregot is an almond flavored syrup that is like a sugar syrup. Falarum is great on a fruit cocktail of summer fruits and melon. I think that they can be ordered online from Igourmet.

Archived